McLaughlin, a Canadian Web developer, created NameMyDaughter.com. The site asks users to submit possible first and middle names and then the options are voted on. The results have been, well, interesting. Some of the first names currently at the top of the list include Pancake, Streetlamp, Megatron and Cthulhu (how do you even say that?). But thankfully, Amelia holds the No. 1 spot. Other human-sounding monikers in the top 15 include Elliott, Camille, Leslie, Charlotte, and Luna. All-Spark, Le-Dash-A, Pond, Doge and Dolan are among some of the stranger middle names, while Mae, Rose, Renee, Sage, and Amelia (again) also top the middle-name category.
While Zelda All-Spark would certainly give baby girl McLaughlin some insta-street cred upon birth, the name in the lead right now is Amelia Mae. Shocked? So is McLaughlin, writing on reddit that he’s actually “surprised by how respectful people have been.”
- Amelia Amelia (just like Lauren Bush Lauren — two first names is so trendy right now)
- Laquisha Le-Dash-A (If Halle Berry and Kristin Cavallari think alliteration is cool then you know it's en-vogue)
- Luna Pond (Kate Winslet and Alicia Silverstone both recently named their babies Bear. Earthly elements will be a thing for 2014)
- Pancake Salad (a food name à la Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple — yum!)
- Streetlamp Titanium (tough as metal — just like Pilot Inspektor — Jason Lee's son)