Source: Wrap Up Your Halloween Decorations With Paper Strip Pumpkins
With just a sheet of orange construction paper, your tot can create this cute paper strip pumpkin that makes a really adorable holiday decoration, while you encourage your little one's budding cutting skills. Cut the strips the same width, or try thick or thinner lengths for a unique pumpkin. Threading the strips with the green pipe cleaner finishes the decoration and hones your child's concentration skills and focus. The cute paper strip pumpkins look adorable on mantels or dining room tables or on top of a favorite bookshelf.
What You'll Need:
- Orange construction paper
- Hole punch
- Green pipe cleaner
- Invite your child to position the paper vertically in front of her and cut a long, straight strip around one inch wide. Encourage your child to continue cutting strips, offering assistance as needed.
- Now your child can create loops with the strips of paper, securing with a dot of glue and holding for a count of five or until the strip holds together. Continue creating loops and securing with glue.
- Now offer your child a hole punch to create a hole in each loop to use for lacing together the paper strip pumpkin. Offer assistance as needed.
- Create the pumpkin by positioning the loops within each other and then lacing with the green pipe cleaner, working carefully so the strips don't tear. Once the paper strips have been threaded, twist the end of the pipe cleaner inside of the paper pumpkin, and then twist and form the top of end of the pipe cleaner to look like the stem, finishing the paper pumpkin.
Nothing Seedy: 10 Simple Pumpkin Seed Projects
Kidoodles: Wooden Block Prints For Tots
9 Fun and Creative Ways to Play With Washi Tape
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook