ThinkstockWe all know that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, sure, but when it comes to cat and dog names, the unusual monikers are the ones that put smiles on all of our faces.
We've examined Vetstreet's database of more than 89 million dogs and 49 million cats to find names that appeared just once, then picked out the long, funny names that had us tripping over our tongues.
1. Penelope Petunia Peachtree -- We suspect this name belongs to a perfectly petite and perky pooch.
2. Coco Chanel Divalicious -- You can't blame her for sneaking in a nap. We're a little worn out ourselves from just typing that name!
4. Angus Von Wigglebottom -- He's the one with the waggly tail. Obviously.
5. Mamacita Bonita Diablo -- She's an awfully pretty little devil, isn't she?
See Also: 14 Unique Pet Names Inspired By Celebrities
6. Pippa the Gangster Step Sister -- She's bad to the bone. Especially if you give her a particularly tasty one to chew on.
7. Professor Sherlock Meowington -- He's the only one who can solve the mystery of the missing tuna . (Not because he's such a great detective; it's just that he's the one who ate it.)
8. Poquito Pobricito -- Whether it's time for a fiesta or a siesta, you can't resist those puppy dog eyes, can you?
9. Itzi Bitzi Witzi Kitzi -- That's quite a big name for a little kitty!
10. Rainbow Sparkle Cotton Candy -- A name for your favorite friend made up of all your favorite things? Sounds like a plan to us!
11. Chestnut Hill Stop for a Margarita -- We're sure there's a story behind this one, but we don't even need to know. They had us at margarita.
More on Vetstreet.com:
* Top 10 Puppy Names
* Top 10 Kitten Names
* 20 Hottest Dog Breeds
* 5 Up-and-Coming Dog Breeds You Haven't Heard of Yet (But Soon Will)