These crazy animal laws make us think lawmakers everywhere are itching to be comedians.
1. When in Alaska, do not ever shove a live moose out of an airplane midflight.
2. And you can shoot a bear, but don't wake him up from sleeping to take his photograph.
3. In the town of Juneau, AK, keep your flamingo out of barber shops.
4. In Arkansas, make sure all cows walking down Main Street are home before 1:00 PM on Sunday.
5. In Belvedere, CA, dogs are not allowed in public places without their masters on leashes (they may want to rethink the wording of this one).
6. Apparently dogs in Colorado can read, because the dog catcher must notify them of potential impounding by posting a notice on a tree for three days prior.
7. Hartford, CT dogs are not so fortunate, because it is illegal to educate them.
8. Cats in heat must be silenced in Columbus, GA, where they are not allowed to howl after 9 PM.
9. Same goes for dogs in Little Rock, AR, only they must cease barking after 6 PM.
10. Any fishing in Idaho must not be done while sitting on top of a camel.
11. In Chicago, IL, French Poodles are deprived of the arts, since they are not allowed into the opera.
12. Iowa cowboys must restrain their horses from eating fire hydrants (can it really be that hard?).
13. Cinema-goers in Maryland must leave their pet lion at home (are they allowed to show them DVDs?).
14. In Massachusetts, gorillas can only sit in the front seat, since they are not allowed in the back seat of any car.
15. Much to the disappointment of Reed City, MI, cats, owners are not allowed to also have a pet bird (there goes all the fun).
16. Dog and cat owners in North Carolina must keep them separated, since it is illegal for them to fight (try enforcing that one).
17. Motorists in Pennsylvania who see horses heading their way must pull off the road and cover their cars with camouflage to blend into the countryside (yeah, like this actually happens).
18. South Dakota horses are not allowed into the Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants (on both sets of legs?).
19. While in Leahy, WA, only indoor nose-blowing is permitted, since doing so outside might scare a horse and make it panic.
20. West Virginians will be relieved to know that picking up road kill and taking it home for supper is perfectly legal (yes, this does actually happen).
21. Foxport, WI dogs must stuff their feelings rather than acting viciously, including excessively barking, growling, or acting in a menacing manner.
22. Photographing rabbits from January to April in Wyoming is not allowed without an official permit (who's going to tell - the rabbit?).
Explore More at Pet360.com:
15 Things No One Tells You About Being a Dog Owner