Mit thanks one of the New Hamphire police officers who helped save him from choking on a dental bone.When Mit, a 7-year-old Pomeranian and Poodle mix, got his nightly dental bone treat stuck in his throat last Saturday night, his owner Nicole Dale and her mother weren't sure what to do.
They didn't think the little dog would survive long enough to make it to the nearest open veterinarian's office, so Dale's mom drove to the local police station in Farmington, N.H., with Mit to ask for help. Sgt. Scott Orlando and Officer Thomas McNulty sprang into action.
They could see the bone lodged in the back of Mit's throat. "The dog was so small, we couldn't get our fingers in the mouth to grab the bone," McNulty said. So, another detective quickly grabbed a pair of pliers and pulled the treat out, and Mit was back to normal within seconds. "I was so happy that someone was here to help him," Dale said. On a trip back to the station this week, Mit was clearly thankful, giving the officers lots of happy kisses. - Watch it from New Hampshire's WMUR