1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
1. In a bowl, beat butter, sugars, and peanut butter until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips, oats, and peanuts.
3. Drop dough in rounded 2-tablespoon portions, 3 inches apart, onto buttered or cooking parchment-lined baking sheets. With a lightly floured fork, flatten slightly into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake in a 350° oven until cookies are golden and tops feel set when lightly pressed, 12 to 14 minutes
5. Let stand 5 minutes on sheets, then, with a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool.