Half-recipe Easiest Pie Dough
1 1/2 lbs sliced peeled baking pumpkin
3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 tbsp flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbsp bourbon or whiskey
2 tbsp coarse decorating or turbinado sugar
1. Set dough on lightly floured surface and roll into a large round about 1/8 in. thick. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until ready to fill.
2. Preheat oven to 375° with a rack on bottom rung. Lay pumpkin slices on a greased baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until tender when pierced, about 10 minutes.
3. Mix apples, spices, salt, flour, both sugars, and bourbon until evenly coated. Add pumpkin and toss just to combine.
4. Pour apple filling into center of dough, leaving a 1 1/2-in. border. Fold edges over fruit, allowing dough to pleat as you go. Dip a pastry brush in water and brush folded edges of dough. Sprinkle edges with coarse sugar.
5. Bake galette until browned and bubbling, about 1 1/4 hours. Let cool before cutting.