Summer has officially arrived, and with it the season's heavy heat has settled in. So, it's time for easy-to-throw-together meals that can serve one or an entire beach house full of guests. These seven summery pastas will do the trick. From corn to tomatoes and zucchini, they showcase the best that summer has to offer. Brought to you by the spirited home cooks' community at Food52.
• Find more summery pasta recipes on FOOD52.
• Check out our 7 Sea-Inspired Pasta Dishes.
• Got a question in the kitchen? The FOOD52 Hotline is here to help!
8 small zucchini (about 2 lbs)
1 tsp salt
3 tbs tarragon leaves
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
3 tbs olive oil
1 cup cream (1/2 &1/2)
3 tbs chives, minced
fresh ground black pepper
1. Julienne the zucchini, place in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and drain for 1/2 hour. Then, rinse, and squeeze out the excess moisture. A salad spinner can work.
2. In a blender, put the olive oil, lemon juice, tarragon leaves and cream.
3. Blend until creamy and all the ingredients are fully incorporated into a creamy dressing.
4. Toss the zucchini with the sauce (amount determined by taste). Sprinkle with the chopped chives. Grind pepper over mixture to taste.