Strawberries have arrived! They have finally burst into the stands of the Greenmarket, gracing us with their sweet and delicate perfume. Now that they're finally here, we aren't holding back -- ice cream and sorbet, preserves and compotes, clouds of ricotta and discs of meringue. Though there's nothing better than a simple, fresh strawberry, no garnish necessary.
• See more strawberry recipes on Food52.
• Browse ideas for spring fruit recipes on Food52.
• Got a question in the kitchen? The FOOD52 Hotline is here to help!
2-3 lemons, 1 seeded and roughly chopped and the others juiced
2 cups sugar
2 pounds strawberries, hulled
1. Place the chopped lemon and sugar in a food processor, and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Purée the strawberries in a food processor, and add to the lemon mixture, along with the juice of 1 lemon. Taste and add more juice as desired. The lemon flavor should be intense but should not overpower the strawberries. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.