- 5 hours ago | CommentsThe Internet has gone bonkers for cat beards this week. Maybe it's spring fever or the week before summer's first holiday or a nod to allergy season, but the hairy devils are the selfie meme-du-jour. We picked our ten faves, but really, once you start looking at cat beards, you'll see they are all winners. --Sarah B. Weir, Shine Writer
- 5 hours ago | CommentsWhen photos of Kim Kardashian's baby-shower invitation hit the web yesterday, we were admittedly a little stunned. Actual jewelry boxes with spinning ballerinas for everyone on the list? Like, seriously? But as it turns out, these are just the tip of the Titanic iceberg when it comes to celebrity-soiree invites, a world in which hosts must choose between leather and Dupioni silk rather than card stock and vellum. Let's take a little romp through the land of party plenty, shall we?—Beth Greenfield, Yahoo! Shine Staff
- 5 hours ago | CommentsBy Oprah.com
Want to camouflage your stomach area? Try dark colors, built-in inner mesh for tummy control and lots of ruching. These three suits fit the bill.
- 5 hours ago | Comments
The start of warmer weather inspires us to cook on the grill. Grilling adds a unique, smoky flavor to foods, and it's a super-quick cooking method. The grill's flames can develop rich, complex flavors in standard fare like burgers and chicken and even in less-traditional grilled dishes, such as pizza and desserts. These 13 grilling tips will have you cooking with fire like a pro in no time!
--The EatingWell Magazine Test Kitchen & Cheryl Sternman Rule
- 6 hours ago | CommentsMy after-school snack was a sacred ritual. I sat on the carpet in my parents' bedroom at a low table, the television turned to "I Dream of Jeannie," and ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich cut into neat squares. I wasn't fussy about crusts. I just loved the sticky pairing of creamy peanut butter with syrupy golden sweetness drizzled from a honey bear in diagonals across the soft white bread. Nothing else--save for maybe apples and peanut butter in a pinch--could have made for as sweet an afternoon, with Nickelodeon reruns stretching into the distance.
This month, the Shine Supper Club is celebrating our nostalgic childhood favorites. Were you crazy for popsicles on hot afternoons? Mad for mac and cheese? Join us by revisiting a classic in your kitchen, and sharing a recipe, photo and a story about just how good it was back then. Here's how it works:
1. Write a blog post telling us about your favorite childhood recipe by Monday 11:59PM PST, May 27th. Be sure to include a photo and a recipe.
2. Mention and link to the Shine Supper Club in your post: http://shine.yahoo.com/supper-club/
3. Tweet @YahooShine with a link to your post and include the hashtag #shinesupperclub. Aren't on Twitter? Email the link to shine_sarahmccoll at yahoo.com. We will compile the links in a slideshow on Shine featuring all Supper Club participants.
4. Finalists will be posted in a poll by 12PM PST Tuesday, May 28 with voting open to the community until 12PM PST Thursday, May 30. The winning recipe will be added to the Shine Supper Club winner's circle (with a badge to post on their blog) and featured on the Shine homepage.
Learn more about the Shine Supper Club
- 7 hours ago | CommentsIn the past week, model-of-the-moment Cara Delevingne has popped up with two new tattoos. But she's hardly the first. From Kate Moss to Chanel Iman, top faces seem to love statement-making ink. And you thought beauty was more than skin deep!
20 Models Reveal Their Face Products
Top Beauty & Fitness Secrets from Hot Celebs
The 50 Most Beautiful People in America
What Celebs Really Think About Sex and Dating
- 6 hours ago | CommentsBy Jaclyn Sciara, Beauty High
Break out the red, white and blue nail polish, ladies, because Memorial Day weekend is here! As with most holidays (read: every holiday ever), nail art should pay tribute to what's being celebrated, and what better what to celebrate Memorial day than with some patriotic nail art to match your flag-inspired bathing suit?
We've rounded up Memorial Day manicures to get your nails noticed this weekend. From glitter to 3D effects to stripes and stars, these nails will be all anyone can talk about at the barbecue or the beach. Grab some watermelon, a lemonade with a striped straw and a burger to sit by the pool and show off your beyond amazing nail art, inspired by the slideshow above.
More From Beauty High:
Lauren Conrad Got Bangs The Best Lip Crayons For the Perfect Pout
Try On Summer Makeup Shades Now
- 7 hours ago | CommentsI recently read Mark Bittman's new book, Vegan Before 6, and really loved the general premise. In it he shares the reasons why he chose to adopt eating only a vegan diet before 6pm each day in order to improve his health. He also discusses how a vegan lifestyle positively impacts the environment. As you would expect, Mark shares many wonderful recipes for eating vegan during the daytime. They are all simple and delicious, true Bittman style. When I really thought about his idea I realized that eating vegan during the day might not be as difficult as I think. There are lots of delicious vegan meals that would be perfect for breakfast or lunch. Here are a few ideas for ways you can try out this vegan-ish lifestyle. Then, do what Mark does, have whatever you want for dinner! - Kelsey Banfield
MORE ON BABBLE
20 delicious salads hearty enough for dinner
20 vegan dishes you can make in 20 minutes or less
21 delicious cupcakes you won't believe are vegan
- 8 hours ago | Comments
Whether you're looking for something sporty or feminine, these styles offer the right cut and coverage for your body.
- 8 hours ago | Comments
You can rock any style of sunnies (aviator, oversize, wayfarer, cat-eye) so long as you pick a pair with the right details for your face shape