- 54 minutes ago | CommentsBy Kristin Tice Studeman, Refinery29
The halls are nearly decked. Visions of sugar plums sweaters and pumps are dancing in our heads. And, the sugar cookies are frosted (and, um, eaten). Yep, the season's in full swing, so it's time to make your list and check it twice. We're talking about the giving and receiving lists, of course.
In case you're still looking for gift ideas (and, who isn't), we've checked in with a few of our favorite designers, DJs, and artists to get the lowdown on what they want for the holidays. From the night cream Chelsea Leyland swears by to the luxe chess board Simon Doonan can't live without - these presents look mighty fine to us. Here's hoping you weren't naughty this year.
- 56 minutes ago | CommentsBy Angela Tafoya & Jessica Velez, Refinery29
We have to admit, it's kind of hard not to get pretty jazzed about the latest techie doodads. We find ourselves scouring the web regularly, checking out the latest innovative items to hit the scene. And, lucky for you, if you're looking to add rad devices to your holiday list - our lengthy browsing habits will come in handy.
We've rounded up 8 of the hottest tech toys that you'll definitely want to find under the tree. You can thank us later.
- 1 hour 9 minutes ago | CommentsBy Faith Xue, Refinery29
We're firm believers that the best things in life get better with age: wine, cheese, George Clooney, a perfectly worn-in leather jacket… The list goes on. We'd also like to believe that when all is said and done, we as human beings get better with age as well. Life is a journey, after all, and we'd choose laugh lines over missed memory-making any day.
But, we're not going to deny the secret little thrill of getting carded when you were actually born during, say, the Ford Administration. So, in the interest of creating more of these, "Oh stop it, you're just being flattering!" moments, we've uncovered the scoop on how to reverse time without injections, surgery, or lasers. Let the age reversal commence.
- 1 hour 5 minutes ago | CommentsThis year, Yahoo Shine is celebrating the 25 days of Christmas by bringing you 25 items under $25 throughout the first 25 days of December. These affordable goodies are sure to please friends and family, and we won't blame you for wanting some of them yourself. Happy shopping!
- 1 hour 26 minutes ago | CommentsBy Connie Wang, Refinery29
You prefer an old-fashioned over prosecco, soul-searching over small talk, and you can't remember the last time you "Wooo!"-ed in response to someone suggesting shots. You'd never consider yourself a "party girl," and yet, you love going to fetes. Good friends, free-flowing libations, and lots of fascinating strangers whose brains you can pick (and who you can groove to Disclosure with afterward).
For your very specific partier ways, a standard LBD and stilettos won't do. But, you want to be a little festive - it's the holidays, after all! So, we've compiled an 8-part guide to doing going-out wear that's fun, functional, and won't make you feel like a reality show star at a red-carpet event.
- 1 hour 36 minutes ago | CommentsBy Holly E. Thomas, Refinery29
When it's blustery out, it's easy to get in a sartorial slump and reach for the same tried-and-true layering pieces every single day. Chunky sweater? Check. Flannel shirt? Check. Black leggings? Check - times a million. If you're guilty of the latter and wear your trusty legwear staple a little too often, you'll want to keep reading. We've gathered up a bounty of next-level leggings - from florals and leopard prints to bold colors and cozy textures - that will do more than just keep you warm. Ahead, the way-beyond-basic pairs guaranteed to spice up your cold-weather wardrobe.
- 1 hour 44 minutes ago | CommentsWhile office gift exchanges, Secret Santa swaps, and White Elephant parties all sounded fun when you planned them weeks ago, you might be having regrets now that you're scrambling to buy a present. It's not easy finding something cool that someone doesn't already have and won't cost you a ton. But the good news is, there's a whole Internet of interesting gifts that cost less than $20 (and some as little as $4, but we won't tell). Here are 20 ideas to get you started. — Charlotte Rudge, Shine Staff
- 2 hours 22 minutes ago | CommentsAs 2013 comes to a close and we reflect on the most and least stylish people of the year, one pop star immediately comes to mind: Miley Cyrus. Her MTV Video Music Awards performance was the topic of discussion for weeks, largely due to the skimpy, nude latex bra top and hot pants she wore under a furry teddy-bear costume. Her revealing ensemble – accessorized with twin hair buns, a thrusting tongue, and endless twerking – was unforgettable, thanks to endless Internet memes and GIFs, "SNL" skits, and a parade of parody Halloween costumes.
Unsurprisingly, Time magazine has named Cyrus the worst-dressed celebrity of the year. But they also named her as one of the best-dressed stars (number six on their top 10 list) thanks to her "schizophrenic fashion" choices. Upon further review, her chameleon-like wardrobe has been all over the place. From sexy leather pieces to prim Chanel dresses to sheer mesh dresses with pasties, it's clear that Cyrus was desperate to make a fashion impact this year, but that darn vinyl bikini is all anyone can remember. Let's take a look through her best and worst looks of 2013. By Joanna Douglas, Yahoo Shine Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor
- 2 hours 42 minutes ago | CommentsWith its satisfying dishes and whole-fam-can-join vibe, brunch is without a doubt our favorite part of the weekend. That's why we scoured the U.S. for the latest and tastiest offerings-from cereal-covered French toast to deep-fried pig ears-that will make this weekly ritual even more special. Our top 12 are all classics, but each has an unexpected or decadent twist that takes it to the next level of scrumptious. Get inspired and take notes on these drool-worthy dishes, whether you track them down or create your own versions at home. By Julianne Adams, REDBOOK.
More from REDBOOK:
- 25 Foodie Gifts Under $50
- The 13 Most Exciting Chocolates in America
Brunch Cocktails to Start the Day Off Right
- 13 hours ago | CommentsIt’s a sad day. Former South African president Nelson Mandela, the anti-apartheid activist who served 27 years in prison and became South Africa’s first black president, died at his home on Thursday at age 95. However, his legacy as husband, father and grandfather lives on. Here, a look at the women he leaves behind. —By Elise Sole
- Love + Sex - 33 minutes ago
- At Home - 34 minutes ago
- Work + Money - 35 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 36 minutes ago
- Pets - 37 minutes ago