- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 5:12 PM EST | CommentsOk, winter, I'll be honest. I never liked you much to begin with, but this year you have really outdone yourself. Snow, sub-zero temperatures, ice storms … I've officially had it. Unfortunately, us poor souls north of the Mason-Dixon line are stuck with you for at least another few weeks. I've had my fill of gloomy neutrals. Gray skies, dirty white landscape, and beige sand and salt are all I see when I look out my window. If nature can't provide the color, I suppose I'll have to add it myself. Just like your favorite bright scarf or other accessories, adding vivid hues can really lift your mood. Here are 7 perfectly on-trend ways to add a pop of bright color to your beauty routine as we transition into spring. -By Sonya Lee Benham
MORE ON BABBLE
25 beauty tricks that will save you time in the morning
10 nail art tutorials even newbies can do
25 beauty products you already have in your kitchen
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 11:26 AM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
As far as hair and makeup go, the stars at this year's Academy Awards were all winners-we can't think of a single look we didn't like. But despite the many luminous faces and impeccable coifs on the red carpet, it was the afterparty beauty looks that really stole the show. We spotted bold lip colors, gorgeous smoky eyes and unique updos that we can't wait to try ourselves come next Friday night. Above, we've rounded up the 17 looks that topped our list. Which one is your favorite?
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 3:41 PM EST | CommentsThis season's prettiest haircuts are easy, loose, and flattering on a range of face shapes.
By Hanna Morrill
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 3:29 PM EST | CommentsMy daughter had one big reason for wanting to watch the 2014 Academy Awards®; she wanted to see Idina Menzel (or Adele Dazeem if you prefer) perform "Let it Go" from Frozen. But Idina's performance was the last of the night, forcing countless children across the nation to stay up past their bedtime to see their favorite song ever performed live. In our home, to pass the time until the BIG moment, I had my Frozen-loving 8-year-old give her opinions on what the rest of the stars were wearing, giving her unique take on the Oscar® red carpet fashions. -By: Sunny Chanel
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 3:23 PM EST | Comments
Watch your favorite A-listers shift gears for the Vanity Fair Oscar party
While we were treated to plenty of red carpet beauty at the Oscars last night, thanks to the likes of Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture and Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab Couture, Hollywood's biggest and brightest stars gave us even more glamour at the Vanity Fair Oscar party. Best supporting actress Lupita Nyong'o traded in her baby blue, pleated Prada for a beaded, seafoam-green Miu Miu, and Jennifer Lawrence changed from her dramatic red Dior Haute Couture number into a broken glass-embroidered Tom Ford dress. Click through the slide show for many more Oscar night transformations.
See more from Vanity Fair:
All the Celebrities Who Braved Grease Stains to Enjoy Some Oscar Pizza
What It's REALLY Like to Attend the Oscars
Inside the Vanity Fair Oscar Party Portrait Studio
Kate Middleton at the Oscars, What The Duchess Would Wear
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 12:45 PM EST | CommentsIs your home overrun with children's toys? Do you feel like your house is looking more like a preschool than the stylish home you would like? Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to live stylishly with your children's toys and contain the ever-growing clutter.
Click through the slideshow for some valuable tips for storage solutions and getting your children to clean up after themselves!
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 11:46 AM EST | CommentsFor those of us living in small homes, decorating can be a challenge. Covering blank walls is the first hurdle. Buying art is expensive, framing even more so, and painting can be a major commitment. We recently had a breakthrough: Use what you've already got to decorate those challenging or small spaces. We're talking about those hidden collections that you've been keeping because of their sentimental value. Show them off! It's a great motivation to purge and get rid of clutter. Globes, china, spoons, children's clothes you can't part with...whatever it is, a creative way to display it exists. Click above for inspiration!
By Laura Kaesshaefer
- Tue, Mar 4, 2014 12:16 PM EST | CommentsIsn't it daunting when you visit other people's homes and their furniture and accessories appear as if they were custom designed for their space? Everything looks high-end and totally unique, down to the last detail.
Now, of course it's possible that this was the work of a genius decorator (sigh). But it's also likely that this friend has a few tricks up her perfectly tailored sleeve. You too can get this look--without breaking the bank. The only catch? You'll have to get creative and do a little DIYing.
Check out the slideshow above for ten projects that will make your home look like a million bucks but will leave the bucks in your bank account. A few of these DIYs are time-consuming, but trust us, they're worth it.
By Shana Ecker
- Mon, Mar 3, 2014 2:17 PM EST | Commentsby Phillip Picardi
It's the moment we've all been waiting for: The Oscars! And while the red carpet brought out lots of brilliant, shining stars, only five make our list for the best in beauty. Join us in applauding Emma Watson for her daring hair and Lupita Nyong'o for knowing exactly how to wear spring's pastel trend. (Moderation is everything, you know.) Click through the slideshow to see who made Teen Vogue's cut, starting with...
More from Teen Vogue:
The Best Dressed College Students Across the Country
Chic and Cozy: The Best 80 Sweaters of the Season
Look Cool, Stay Warm: The 65 Cutest Coats to Buy Right Now
10 Quick Ways to Pump Up Your Ponytail
- Fri, Feb 28, 2014 11:06 AM EST | Comments
- Healthy Living - 3 hours ago
- Parenting - 4 hours ago
- Parenting - 4 hours ago
- Green - 4 hours ago
- Love + Sex - 4 hours ago