- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 4:14 PM EST | Commentsby Lucky Staffers
We're all about spreading the admittedly premature spring cheer (it is, after all, currently below 25 degrees in New York)-and today, Toms launched one of the brightest, most sunshine-evoking ways to do so. The ethical footwear label has teamed up with pattern-happy lifestyle guru Jonathan Adler on a limited-edition collection of shoes and shades in truly groovy prints.
According to a press release, "Jonathan definitely brought his vivacious personality to the collab, with pops of surprising colors and bright patterns found throughout the collection." After taking a peek at the collection, we couldn't have said it better ourselves-especially with fairly affordable price points of $59 for most shoes and $160-$170 for sunglasses. The whole collection is available now at Nordstrom and Jonathan Adler boutiques.
Click through the slideshow above to both see and shop the super-happy capsule collection!
- Tue, Feb 25, 2014 10:58 AM EST | Commentsby Christa Lee
While our favorite Olympic athletes' skills on the ice and the slopes aren't easy to imitate, their beauty routines are surprisingly simple. For many of these ladies, all it takes to look great during and after a workout are a few key products. In the gallery above, some of our favorite Olympians dish on the hair, makeup and skincare products they can't live without-and we love that so many of them are super-affordable drugstore finds, too. Click through to find your next favorite.
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 4:06 PM EST | Comments
The aristocratically named Sir John pretty much won the makeup artist jackpot last summer when he got a call from Beyoncé's team asking him to work on the Mrs. Carter tour. He then ended up creating the makeup looks for eight of the videos in her recently released visual album. Any guy who has been that close to Bey's face is someone I definitely want to know.
While it doesn't seem like it (stupid polar vortex), spring is right around the corner, so I asked Sir John about spring trends and advice on how to sport scary looks like orange lipstick and radiant orchid anything. Best of all, he shared a few of his best beautifying secrets.
BY CHERYL WISCHHOVER
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 3:31 PM EST | CommentsThere is something so incredibly special about sharing a favorite film from your childhood with your children, and it's even more special when your kids really and truly enjoy the movie as much as you did when you were their age. This wonderful phenomenon happened just last week for me when our family watched the Walt Disney classic The Jungle Book, which has just been released as a Diamond Edition Blu-Ray combo pack. I remember adoring the adventures of Mowgli and his pals when I was little, singing along with "I Wanna Be Like You" and "Bare Necessities." My daughter is having just as much fun with the film, humming and dancing along. It looks like appreciation of great animation runs in the family, and now, as an adult, I wanted to know more about this 46-year-old film, a classic that has really delighted generations. Don't you? Check out these 7 things you probably didn't know about The Jungle Book. -By Sunny Chanel
MORE ON BABBLE
You speak whale...and 16 more signs you grew up on Disney movies
15 of your favorite Disney stars - then and now!
25 movies you never knew were based on books
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 10:42 AM EST | Commentsdomino magazine and Uncovet lists the top ten essentials that will transform any office into an energetic and well-organized work space.
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 1:02 PM EST | CommentsLooking for a cute and quirky theme for your baby's nursery? Prepare for a robot invasion! With their bright geometric style and fun retro vibe, robots add geeky cool to any baby's crib. For nursery decor inspiration, check out these 7 robot-inspired ideas.
-By Jacqueline Tourville
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 12:59 PM EST | CommentsWe all know kids won't understand cassettes and eight-tracks, but what about the technology we grew up with? How much of what we know will be completely lost on our kids? Here are 6 pieces of technology that confound and befuddle my 2-year-old.
-By Lyz Lenz
MORE ON BABYZONE
Tech-savvy tots can use smartphones before writing their names
7 things my 2-year-old has said about her new brother
The toddler selfie: Raising a balanced tot in a photo obsessed family
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 11:13 AM EST | CommentsBy Michaela D'Artois, Refinery29
We envy those Brit babes for many reasons: jolie-laide, rockstar hair; a close proximity to Harry Styles; and of course, a penchant for trench coats. See, it's as if those gals from across the pond were born with an innate sense of easily throwing on said outerwear and heading out for tea.
RELATED: The Best Black Tights You Need To Know About
Come to think of it, trench coats are every bit a necessity here in S.F. as they are in London (hello, Karl!). From the classic number that Audrey Hepburn famously donned as she kissed in the rain, to the new-wave trench that brings a pop of brightness to a foggy Friday, we've got you, well, covered.
RELATED: Here's A Weird Factor That Determines When You'll Get Wrinkles
More From Refinery29:
20 Amazing Curvy-Girl Fashion Finds
The 12 Most Flattering Dresses, Ever
How To Dress For YOUR Body Type! 15 Must-Know Tricks
24 Amazingly Affordable Shoes - All Under $100
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 10:49 AM EST | CommentsBy Kellee Khalil, Lover.ly
Effortlessly crisp, clean, and elegant, green and ivory are two of our top color choices for the spring and summer weddings. Add in a dash of gold for a glam touch, and you have a perfectly timeless palette that still feels fresh. Here's how to achieve this lovely look!
More from Lover.ly:
More ivory wedding ideas
Green weddings we love
Gorgeous spring bouquets to make you forget about winter!
Lover.ly -- search, save, shop, and share all things wedding.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Wed, Feb 26, 2014 8:19 AM EST | Comments
By Louis DeNicola, Cheapism.com
Related: 6 most affordable cities in the US
At the Consumer Electronics Show in January, compact electric scooters and stylish electric bikes with ranges of at least 20 miles caught the spotlight. But price points of $1,500 or more for products still in prototype may brake riders' enthusiasm. Fortunately for frugal urban dwellers, there are cheap, petrol-free personal transportation alternatives, from electric scooters and bicycles to bike-share programs.
Electric Bikes. Electric bikes get riders to their destination with minimal effort and cost little to refuel. Charging is as simple as plugging the bicycle or removable battery into a wall outlet. Electric bikes come pre-built or as kits that transform a standard two-wheeler. "Bike commuting allows you to get to your destination without harming the environment, spending money on gas, or contributing to already congested roadways," asserts Melanie Lipton, editor of Bike Shop Hub's blog.
Related: What's the cheapest car to own?
Electric Scooters. Electric scooters as adult transportation are sometimes referred to as "dirt scooters" because their large, inflatable tires easily traverse bumps, cracks, and all sorts of urban terrain. Like electric bikes, electric scooters propel riders forward with speeds reaching up to 25mph with a simple twist of the wrist. Note that range and power for both vehicle types ultimately depend on riders' weight (including backpacks and grocery bags); each model specifies maximum weight capacity.
We also added two non-motorized options for those who want to spend even less and reduce their carbon footprint even more (while staying in shape).
For more ways to save, follow Cheapism on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
To stay on top of the latest posts, read the Cheapism Blog.