- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 11:08 AM EST | CommentsThat's right: "Country Industrial." I'm calling it … right here. You heard it first. Or maybe "Camping Industrial"? "Woodsy Industrial"? Whatever we decide on, it's a little bit plaid, a little bit metal, and quite a bit stylish. The contrast creates the perfect design harmony for your home! Click through for 7 country industrial pieces - I guarantee there's something for everyone!
-By Nicole Balch
- Mon, Oct 14, 2013 2:15 PM EDT | CommentsBeyond the basics (dinner, dress, flowers) there are so many different ways to spend your wedding dollars -- from custom postage stamps to monogrammed toilet paper (seriously, it exists!). But one of the biggest mistakes you can make is blowing your budget on a detail that you end up regretting (when no one notices it). That's not going to happen to you, though. Here's a few of the most get-noticed totally-worth-it wedding details that'll add serious impact to your wedding day.
By: Anja Winikka for TheKnot.com
- Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:27 PM EST | CommentsBy Kristen Seymour
Although many of us pamper our pets on a regular basis, the holidays provide an excuse to lavish our beloved four-legged friends with even more special presents - From souped-up strollers to beds no pet princess would refuse, we've rounded up nine fabulously luxurious pet products you'll want to check out this holiday season.
- Mon, Nov 4, 2013 8:46 AM EST | Comments
By Louis DeNicola, Cheapism.com
Related: Best laptops under $500
Related: Inexpensive space heater reviews and recommendations
Although mobile devices continue to increase in popularity, many families and businesses still rely on larger desktop computers in their offices and homes. Consumers looking for a new desktop can easily spend thousands of dollars on top-flight components, but a number of solid, everyday machines can be found for $500 or less.
These four top picks from Cheapism.com are more than powerful enough to handle Internet browsing, word processing, and other casual use, although graphics-intensive games and tasks such as video editing will likely prove too taxing. While these computers include both a mouse and keyboard (not all desktop towers do), most require a separate monitor.
Related: Best cheap gaming computers
Often the same model number represents a variety of configurations, with prices dependent on features such as the size of the hard drive, the amount of RAM included, and the power of the processor. Extras such as a DVD drive, a memory card reader, and Wi-Fi connectivity come standard. These days most budget desktops run Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system, which some user reviews cite as a drawback. However, a recent (free) update to Windows 8.1 has been greeted as an improvement.
For more ways to save, follow Cheapism on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
To stay on top of the latest posts, read the Cheapism Blog.
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 3:30 PM EST | CommentsAlexandra Macon
It's no surprise models have glamorous holiday plans, so we checked in with a few of our favorites to find out what they're up to as well as what they plan on wearing to give thanks. Their itineraries may be more far-flung (they run the gamut-from jetting off to an island in Asia to motorbiking in the Mojave Desert), but in some ways, models are just like us: They'll all be spending time with family and friends. Hilary Rhoda even hopes to squeeze in a few cooking lessons from her mom. Click through our slideshow to see what's on the docket this season.
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 2:39 PM EST | CommentsTired of your old table setting? Try something new with an inspiring set for the holidays. The domino editors share their top five table settings sure to get the party started.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 11:23 AM EST | CommentsBy Dianna Mazzone, Refinery29
Even though we want to make your wait for Naked 3 as painless as possible, we're not going to pretend that there's anything comparable on the market that can completely relieve the anticipation - we're all just going to have to lean on each other for a little more support, okay?
That being said, consider our latest coping mechanism your good fortune: In an effort to tide ourselves over until the big day (rumor around the beauty world is that it will be released in January 2014), we combed through the latest and greatest from Urban Decay.
From heavy-duty glitter liner to face-in-a-case palettes perfect for on-the-go girls, the folks over at UD have outdone themselves - they created all this and the most buzzed about palette since, well...Naked 2?
Click through for a complete look at the best new makeup from Urban Decay - all (beauty) athletes have to warm-up before the big game, right?
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 11:12 AM EST | CommentsBy Natalie Hughes, Refinery29
Whether you're lamenting the loss of summer, trying to tame your mane in frizz-inducing drizzle, or simply looking to jazz up your trans-seasonal style, there's never been a better time to invest in a stylish hat.
Whether you're a pork pie kinda girl or prefer the mysterious allure of a wider-brimmed fedora, gravitate towards a disco turban or possess a fierce loyalty to the classic beanie, you're sure to find The One in amongst our definitive roundup. That's right, we've scoured the web for the coolest caps around, guaranteed to keep you stylish, warm, and frizz-free from now until May. Thank us later.
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 11:44 AM EST | CommentsBy Holly E. Thomas, Refinery29
Our favorite part of holiday get-togethers? All the snacks - and we do mean all of 'em. But when you couple those rich, indulgent starters with the calorie-laden meals that tend to follow, things can get out of hand pretty quickly. Don't worry - we're not advocating cutting back on any of your favorite dishes. (After all, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows only happens once a year, people!) Instead, we're offering up some healthy alternatives from our favorite recipe pros, so you can snack smarter without missing out on holiday joy. Here's to having it all!
More from Refinery29:
Superfoods That Actually Make You Thinner
Why The 4-Minute Workout Could Work For You
Everything You Need to Know About the Juice Cleansing Craze
10 Steps To Running A Marathon
- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 6:23 PM EST | CommentsBy Meghan Blalock, StyleCaster
Congratuations: Now that you're officially stuffed with as much food as you can possibly handle, and you've had your fill of fun family time, gifting season has officially begun. What, you haven't even started? Join the club!
Related Article: Shoe Size Conversion 101: Save This Chart
To say finding the perfect gift for everyone in your life is stressful would be a massive understatement. But we're here to help make the quest a little bit easier with this little-known (read: sarcasm) tidbit of information: Women love jewelry. And, luckily, there's plenty of affordable options to go around.
Related Article: Shop Til You Drop: The 8 Best Shopping Movie Montages of All Time
Click through the gallery above to see our 15 favorite unique jewelry pieces-from the likes of Marc Jacobs, Madewell, and ASOS-for less than $50 a pop. It's not too good to be true, folks!
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
- Pets - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
- Author Blog Posts - 15 hours ago
- Author Blog Posts - 15 hours ago
- The Good News - 15 hours ago