- Fri, Dec 13, 2013 12:05 PM EST | CommentsNot sure what to give the nursing mama in your life? These 5 great gifts will rock her round-the-clock world. --By Taylor Hengen Newman
- Fri, Dec 13, 2013 11:33 AM EST | CommentsBy Gina Marinelli, Refinery29
With holiday travel comes a whole new slew of stressful situations. Shipping presents, planning ahead at work, setting up more hometown get-togethers than your iCal can handle, and, of course, picking the ultimate festive wardrobe to pack with you. So, while the least of your troubles may be what to wear when you're checking your bags and fumbling through security lines with as many packages as Santa, don't let your in-transit look suffer (that is, succumbing to your schlubbiest of sweatpants).
To help get you from point A to point B in style, we're following the lead of those individuals who are professionals at looking fly on the fly. After all, with their jet-setting lifestyle, these 15 celebrities ahead have airport fashion down to a science. Click on for the easy-to-follow formulas that'll guarantee you'll look amazing before, during, and after landing.
- Fri, Dec 13, 2013 11:19 AM EST | CommentsIt's December now, so consider yourselves in holiday shopping crunch time. Whether you're shopping for yourself (always) or a large family tree of cousins, here are some pretty amazing things you can find for under a hundred bucks. Go. Click. Shop.
By Sarah Newell for TheNest.com
More from The Nest:
- Fri, Dec 13, 2013 10:51 AM EST | CommentsWhether your best friend is a #selfie queen or your guy needs a good scrub, we've found an affordable gift for everyone on your list.
MORE FROM ELLE:
What to Wear to Any and Every Holiday Party
The ELLE Under $100 Gift Guide
What Guys Really Want for the Holidays
37 Statement Accessories for Winter
The 12 Best Gifts for the Fitness Fanatic in Your Life
- Fri, Dec 13, 2013 10:27 AM EST | CommentsBy Rachel W. Miller, Lover.ly
We recently shared the top trends we're hoping to see this engagement season; one of those was unique engagement gifts that aren't necessarily rings. Like, say, an engagement puppy. Then we received the best picture and proposal story about a dog that we'd ever heard.
Photo via Lover.ly
The story: "We'd been talking about a dog for a while, so rather than a ring (which I absolutely did not want) he surprised me one cozy night in our living room by getting down on one knee and presenting a dog collar in my fav color, with a little heart-shaped tag that read 'will you marry me?'. It was so sweet, and then we went together to a rescue to pick out our little doggie. Which as a result, by the way, caused us to feel like an actual family for the first time. Double plus good."
SO good! We love that her guy listened to what she wanted (or, really, didn't want) and that they picked out a rescue dog together! Engagement doggies for everyone! (Everyone who wants one and is able to care for one, that is.)
Still not convinced? Click through the slideshow for ten reasons an engagement puppy is better than an engagement ring.
Lover.ly -- search, save, shop, and share all things wedding.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 2:40 PM EST | CommentsWhat if I told you that I know someone who went her ENTIRE PREGNANCY without wearing maternity clothes?! Crazy, right?! But true. A good friend of mine, Melissa of Love Like Johnny and June, went all 40+ weeks without ever wearing a piece of maternity clothing. She's one of the most stylish gals I know, and she kept her fabulous style the entire way through! (Because I know you were thinking at first that she must have just worn sweatpants and hoodies! Ha!) Here is how she managed to stay comfy and look stylish without spending a dime on maternity clothes. - By Lacy Stroessner
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
50 Star Wars inspired baby names
25 nicknames for your little bun in the oven
- Thu, Dec 12, 2013 9:01 PM EST | Comments
The holidays came early for baby Prince George this year, or so it seems. Photographer Alison Jackson, who specializes in celebrity fakes, has just released a remarkable series of look-alike images of four generations of British royals. The pictures appear to offer a peek at private family photos taken at Sandringham, the queen's country retreat in Norfolk. Jackson, who has been staging shoots of mock royals for a couple of years, told the U.K. Telegraph she had to use five different babies on the series because they all got so "bored and grumpy." Not every character comes off as completely legit. While some, like Prince William, the queen, and Camilla are true doppelgängers, the photographer might want to go back to casting for others (Harry, you aren't fooling anyone!). The entire gathering includes Queen Elizabeth, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, a pack of adorable corgis and, the center of attention, little George dressed in a reindeer onesie. So, just what do you give the boy who as everything for Christmas? — By Sarah B. Weir, Shine Senior Writer
- Thu, Dec 12, 2013 8:52 PM EST | Commentsby Hillary McDaniels
When I moved to New York, I was devastated to learn that my apartment wasn't pet-friendly. After leaving behind my beloved poodle Millie, I settled with living above a pet store (true story). But I've always been an animal lover, and some of the best gifts I've received have been cuddly creature-themed. Whether they're actually gifts for my pet or just plain puppy-minded, they're always winners! Shop these great gifts for all the animal lovers on your list in the slideshow above-and be sure to click through to the end for some bonus snaps of Lucky editors' beloved pets!
- Thu, Dec 12, 2013 8:51 PM EST | Comments
By Elizabeth Sheer, Cheapism.com
Stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, and presents for teachers are generally relegated to the "inexpensive" column at holiday time. Then it turns out you need to buy a lot of them, and as the numbers mount, the prices don't seem so cheap anymore. Dollar stores are the ideal shopping solution -- they carry gift-worthy items that are always less than $20 and often cost no more than $5 or $10.
Related: Best tablets under $200
We checked out Family Dollar and Dollar General for ideas about holiday gifts that will appeal to many people on your list.
Increasingly dollar stores are trying to be on trend with toys, gift items, and holiday décor, says Bob Giles, a vice president at Family Dollar. That means, for example, stocking popular brand-name toys because kids know the difference between the real thing and the wannabes. Bottom line: Shopping the dollar store aisles lets holiday gift givers save money without seeming chintzy.
Related: Ten recommended wines under $10
Toys. Toddlers might be too young for Legos, but they still like to build. Family Dollar sells a bucket of 25 large blocks for $5. This might be a bit bulky to stuff in a stocking, but it's sure to get a workout once retrieved from under the tree.
Miscellaneous Gifts. You've probably been invited to any number of holiday parties, so hostess gifts are on order. With the current emphasis on style trends this year, dollar stores are stocked with a good selection of items that would not be out of place at higher-end outlets.
Gift Shopping Tips. In case you're feeling overwhelmed, Leah Ingram of Suddenly Frugal offers several tips that can help you sail through the shopping season with your budget intact.
For more ways to save, follow Cheapism on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
To stay on top of the latest posts, read the Cheapism Blog.
- Thu, Dec 12, 2013 8:50 PM EST | Comments'Tis the season for giving and spreading some of that holiday cheer. One way to do that is to give the gift of laughter. I've rounded up one of a kind quirky "His and Hers" gifts for that special pair in your life via Etsy. Some of them will cause laughter while others will simply make those special ones smile. A select few might have them convinced that you belong on Santa's naughty list! These gift ideas, selected with couples in mind, are sure to please this holiday season and just might get a chuckle too! Click through for 7 fun and quirky his-and-hers gifts! -By Krishann Briscoe
MORE ON BABBLE
7 things ALL women want in bed
25 ways to act like you love your spouse
15 reasons couples should go on vacations instead of buying stuff
- Pets - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
- At Home - 12 hours ago
- Shine Food - 13 hours ago
- Secrets to Your Success - 13 hours ago
- Healthy Living - 13 hours ago