- Wed, Dec 11, 2013 11:55 AM EST | CommentsBy Bobby Schuessler, Refinery29
Look at your inbox. How many holiday parties have you RSVP'd to? Probably a few more than you have dresses to wear. And, you know what that typically means: another paycheck and one more trip to the mall. But, since we don't all have that superstar salary that allows us to jaunt off to a fancy department store for each and every frock, we've rounded up dresses (for every holiday-party occasion) that you can actually afford. Meaning: Forget about buyer's remorse, and prepare for a much happier bank statement.
And, no, just because these beauties are affordable doesn't mean they look cheap. You won't find any ill-fitting or way-too-short dresses here. So, whether it's a sparkly stunner you seek or something more reserved, the under-$50 numbers ahead will keep you sophisticated, stylish, and, most importantly, festive all the way through New Year's.
More From Refinery29:
11 Flattering Under $100 Dresses
22 Under-$50 Jewels To Amp Up Your Wardrobe
70 Denim Outfits To Try NOW
How To Dress For YOUR Body Type! 15 Must-Know Tricks
- Wed, Dec 11, 2013 11:09 AM EST | Comments
This year in kitchen design, we saw everything from bright colors and a lot of shine to relaxed looks with wood and warm hues. Designers proved that no matter how small or large the space, the kitchen is still a place to make a statement by using stunning details like beamed ceilings, eye-catching wallpaper, or colorful cabinets.
More from House Beautiful:
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 3:53 PM EST | CommentsBy: Bridget Clegg for TheKnot.com
Winter weddings reap the benefits of serving crowd-pleasing comfort foods and rich sweets. Warm cheese appetizers, soup shooters and creative food bars (an all-spud bar and poutine station top our favorites list) provide guests hearty snacks at the serving size of their choice. After all those savory foods, make sure your guests satisfy their sweet tooth with go-to winter treats like a hot cocoa bar (with mint stirrers and donut holes!) or individual chocolate lava cakes. Create your winter wedding catering menu with these nine mouthwatering options below!
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 12:14 PM EST | CommentsBack-to-back pregnancies got you worried about corralling the family when you're out and about? Our favorite strollers for a toddler and a baby will help you manage the kids and all the gear that comes along with parenting two little ones.-By Chelsea Day
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 2:56 PM EST | Comments
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 2:42 PM EST | Commentsby Christa Lee
It's that time of the year when all things sparkly are totally appropriate-including your nails. But unless you have a lot of time to kill, scrubbing away with a single cotton ball isn't going to cut it when it comes to glitter. Here are four ways to take off your glitter manicure without wrecking your nails!
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 2:25 PM EST | CommentsWhen I was a little girl, I would always pair red and green together during the Christmas season. Throw on a pair of dangly plastic Christmas tree earrings and I was good to go. Probably all my ensembles would have fit right in at any ugly sweater party. These days I still love the idea of pairing red and green during the holidays, but I'm doing it in a more sophisticated, subtle, and fashionable way.
Click through for 7 red and green outfits that I put together, each of which share a different tip or idea on how to pair the colors in a creative and chic way, so that you can dress festively this season… without looking like a walking Christmas tree! -By Merrick White
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 2:04 PM EST | Commentsby Maura Brannigan
We'll admit that we're certainly enablers when it comes to a spontaneous purchase, be it for long-lasting investment pieces or trendy fast fashion items. When someone in the office asks whether or not they should buy a particular bag or boot, the answer is always-without fail-a wholehearted, resounding "yes."
But despite our constant affirmations when it comes to shopping, we consider ourselves fairly good critics of the basics, the no-frills pieces you need (versus want) to have in your closet. And with December in full swing, we decided to dole out some expert knowledge on outerwear-specifically, the six coats every woman needs this season.
Click through to see our six picks for the most important jackets to keep in rotation all winter, and to shop out some of our top options, too!
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 12:57 PM EST | Comments
Your first kiss. It's a moment every woman cherishes. Well, that or a memory guaranteed to make you cringe no matter how many years have passed and great kisses you've experienced since then. Either way, you'll never forget it. It's always fun to hear stories of other ladies' first smooches, whether it's to swoon or commiserate. We reached out to some of the BEST relationship bloggers out there to hear all about their experiences with this particular rite of passage. From romantic spontaneity to some Spin the Bottle trauma, take a look at these 8 amazing first kiss stories - the good, the bad, and the sloppy. -By Babble Editors
- Tue, Dec 10, 2013 12:27 PM EST | CommentsThere are some toys that I find myself picking up over and over again--but not because anyone has been having any fun with them. They're just in the way. And by the way, they weren't free. We have three kids and our oldest is 4 (yep), and if I had to do it over again, these are the only things I'd buy (which would joyously mean skipping the train, activity table, giant foam puzzles, the water table and many, oh-so-many more things). -By Charity Curley Mathews
- Author Blog Posts - 30 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 31 minutes ago
- Beauty - 31 minutes ago
- Author Blog Posts - 35 minutes ago
- Author Blog Posts - 39 minutes ago