- Mon, May 13, 2013 12:18 PM EDT | CommentsEyeliner is a must-have in my makeup bag. I love the way it opens my eyes and makes me look like I have eyelashes that aren't really there. Each type - pencil, shadow, gel, and liquid - create their own unique look and you can never have too many colors. Of course this can get pricey. Luckily there are some great affordable products. Here are 7 eyeliners under $10 worth checking out.
-By Sonya Lee Benham
MORE ON BABBLE
25 beauty tricks that will save you time in the morning
10 ways to fake a sun-kissed glow
25 totally pretty hairstyles you can do in under 10 minutes
- Mon, May 13, 2013 10:56 AM EDT | Comments
- Fri, May 10, 2013 3:00 PM EDT | CommentsWhen I think of bright blue lashes, I am instantly brought back to around 1987 and visions of tanned and freckled Zinka covered cheeks and noses, surfer girl looks, and childlike fun frolic through my mind. So the thought of adding an electric blue lash to my everyday look, doesn't seem quite right for this 30 something who wore it first when she was 12 years old. From drug store brands to high-end designers, mascara is popping up in tons of fun shades and ranging from blinding neons to sultry smokey sooty hues. This fun Summer look runs the gamut of young, bright, and punchy, to chic, sophisticated, and mysterious and is trending among women of all ages.
Tips from the pros…
* Balance out bold colored eyes and lashes by keeping the rest of your face neutral. Stick to soft flesh tones on cheeks and lips so your eyes are the only POP.
* Choose a shade that complements your eye color: Green for hazel eyes and purples for blue and green eyes. Choose silvers and lighter shades of blue and purple and bronze for darker brown eyes.
* If you're looking for just a little pop, try navy, which instantly brightens the whites of your eyes. Or apply your regular black mascara and just add a pop of color to your tips! - By Megan Tintari
MORE ON BABBLE
25 drugstore beauty essentials under $10
5 quick fixes for tired faces
25 chic hairstyles that take less than 10 minutes
- Mon, May 13, 2013 10:00 AM EDT | CommentsThis season is all about adding vintage flair and personal DIY touches to your celebration, and with these expert tips, you'll be ready to send out the invites in no time. Just don't forget ours! By Brie Schwartz, REDBOOK.
More from REDBOOK
- Mon, May 13, 2013 9:58 AM EDT | CommentsFrom aging your own booze to carbonating your cocktails, our Mommy Mixologist shares the recipes so trendy that your friends will think you hired a professional bartender. By Kim Haasarud, REDBOOK.
More from REDBOOK:
- Thu, Apr 11, 2013 1:40 PM EDT | CommentsYou do multiple indispensable jobs every day-- why shouldn't your makeup? As a work-at-home mom, I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a shower every day, much less a complicated beauty routine. My goal when it comes to beauty is to find products that help me look natural, but polished without much fuss. Over time (through a lot of trial and error) I have figured out what items pack the most punch to help me to achieve this. Here are 6 beauty items that make my life complete: -By Lauren Hartmann
MORE ON BABBLE
25 morning beauty tricks that will blow your mind
The 10 most hilariously terrible hairdos--EVER
20 Gorgeous hairstyles you can do in under 10 minutes
- Mon, May 13, 2013 9:16 AM EDT | Comments
Why do people always look so happy riding bicycles? Is it because of the wind in their hair? The fact that biking cuts down on air pollution? Maybe it's just because riding a bike makes anyone feel like a kid again. Cities across the country are installing bike lanes and finding that not only does bicycling positively impact public health, it also spurs economic growth along the routes. If you haven't been on a bike for a while, now is the time hop on. May 13-17 is National Bike Week. Still feeling wobbly? Here's some inspiration.
-Sarah B. Weir, Yahoo Shine
- Fri, May 10, 2013 2:50 PM EDT | CommentsI broke my glasses last night, which - back me up on this, fellow four-eyes - is the absolute worst. But I've been meaning to get some new sunglasses for summer (because, yes, last year's sunglasses are long broken), so I figured I might as well go on an all-out glasses buying binge. And in doing so, I started tracking some consistent trends in the eyewear game for 2013. Instead of sticking with the typical hipster black frames and oversized sunglasses, 2013 is seeing some distinct eyewear trends for spring/summer. Here are 8 of the trendiest pairs out there:
-By Michelle Horton
MORE ON BABBLE
10 hot spring shades under $15
What you should be buying at Forever 21 RIGHT NOW
7 gorgeous ways to rock a braid at the beach
- Sun, May 12, 2013 10:44 AM EDT | Comments
We love moms! We make sure to express our love as much as possible, but there is something about Mother's Day that makes us want to say it a little louder. Whether you're looking for advice, help, or just to chat, your mom is likely on speed dial. This is especially true while you're planning your wedding even if you're not totally on board with what she has to say. And let's not forget about the support of your groom's mom too!
- Mon, May 6, 2013 3:16 PM EDT | Comments
There are few ways better to show your love for your mom -- or, if you're a mom, your love for your kids -- than by spending a day in the kitchen with family. Here are 10 of our favorite weekend baking projects -- projects to get your hands dirty, to laugh about, to steal bites from when nobody's looking. There's nothing like savoring a day's work together.
More from Food52
• Can't decide what to make with Mom? Try these 10 Childhood Favorites, All Grown Up.
• Treat Mom to breakfast in bed with these 9 Make-Ahead Brunch Ideas.
• Got a question in the kitchen? The Food52 Hotline is here to help!
Brought to you by the spirited home cooks' community at Food52.
- Healthy Living - 52 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 55 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 24 minutes ago