- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 2:32 PM EST | Commentsby Maura Brannigan
Any awards show that is able to lure Beyoncé, Kate Moss and One Direction into the same room is one we'll happily watch. To wit, yesterday's annual Brit Awards was no small fête, chock-full of performances from the likes of Artic Monkeys, Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding and, yes, Queen Bey. Kate Moss even took to the stage to read a somewhat bizarre acceptance speech on behalf of David Bowie-whilst looking unfairly cool in one of the rock icon's "Ziggy Stardust"-era costumes, of course.
From Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to Rita Ora, the Brits (and Americans!) were dressed to the absolute nines at the Brit Awards last night; click through the slideshow above to see all the best red carpet looks.
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 2:17 PM EST | Commentsby Elana Fishman
To be sure, Miuccia Prada has never been one to design for the "normals." Her clothes are anything but conventionally pretty; after all, we're talking about the woman who brought us, over the past few years, the bejeweled Teva sandal (Spring 2014), the bow-tied toe sock (Spring 2013) and the cropped bellbottom pant (Fall 2012).
So when I clicked over to Prada.com to take in the brand's Fall 2014 show via livestream earlier today, I was already prepared to see something thoroughly wacky. In fact, much of the collection was surprisingly subdued-lots of solid-colored cross-front satin dresses, V-neck chevron sweaters, skinny scarves and very wearable graphic prints. On the shoe front, there were beautiful strappy gold wedges I expect to see on every major editor the moment they hit the sales floor (or, let's be honest, perhaps even before).
And then there were the coats. The only possible way to describe the fur-trimmed peacoats and colorful shearlings Prada showed for fall? Phoebe Buffay, Lisa Kudrow's kooky masseuse with a heart of gold from Friends, would kill to own every single one of them. (Well, considering she's a vegetarian, she might not kill-but let's just say she'd perform a whole lot of acoustic sets at Central Perk to scrape together the cash for these things.) In fact, a whole lot of those coats looked like they actually came straight out of the "Smelly Cat" singer's closet. Don't believe me? Click through for photographic proof that Prada's Fall 2014 collection was made for Phoebe Buffay.
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 1:32 PM EST | Commentsby Maura Brannigan
After watching Jennifer Lawrence lovably goof off on the red carpet all awards season long, it's surprisingly refreshing to see J-Law looking soft and graceful. With one week to go before the Oscars, Dior revealed the 23-year-old's third Miss Dior campaign today-and it's much in the vein of J-Law's previous Dior ads, with the award-winning actress looking gorgeously gentle (if straight-faced) throughout. The shots, lensed by Patrick Demarchelier, feature windswept hair and minimal, nude makeup that contrasts the boyish looks plucked from the French fashion house's Spring 2014 collection.
According to WWD, Dior will be releasing a behind-the-scenes video on Wednesday in which Jennifer discussing the process of selecting her couture dress for the upcoming Oscars-very exciting stuff. "Now I get the haute couture thing," she reportedly says. "It's a big deal."
Click through the slideshow above now to see the incredibly beautiful photos.
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 12:59 PM EST | CommentsFind your winning style in these gold, silver and bronze products.
by Rachel Jacoby Zoldan
Unless you're living under a rock, you're probably up to speed with the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi. And as each day passes, one thing has become clear to us (beyond the fact that we'll never nail the halfpipe like Kaitlyn Farrington) -- we want an Olympic medal. But since we can't perform triple lutz-triple toe loop combinations on the ice, we'll have to settle for different kinds of metallics: makeup, skin and hair goodies!
There are a ton of gold, silver and bronze beauty products available -- and they're not just for nighttime anymore. Wanna look better naked? Try softening up with one of these shimmering body oils: They're great at hiding your skin imperfections. Sculpt a thinner face with a matte bronzer or use the powers of 24K gold leaf to keep your lips smooth.
So what are you waiting for? Go get some Olympic beauty-ware of your own!
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 12:36 PM EST | CommentsWant to work out, but hate the monotony of that elliptical machine or running on the treadmill while alternately watching "The Price is Right" on one monitor and "Kelly and Michael" on the other? Need a new, unique take on burning calories? Try one of these 6 unique and unconventional ways to exercise.
-By Andrea Wada Davies
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 12:39 PM EST | CommentsA week's worth of whispering did wonders for my family. Here are 8 things I learned from whispering, instead of yelling.
-By Vanessa Bell
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 12:38 PM EST | CommentsThanks in part to Disney's Ariel, the idea of mermaids are great fun for little girls. They're also an adorable option for a nursery theme. Regardless of whether or not you've got a baby Pisces on the way, mermaids are a soothing and whimsical look for a sweet baby girl's nursery. Click through for some of my favorite options!
-By Ellen Schmidt
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 11:35 AM EST | Commentsby Christa Lee
Get inspiration for a new nail look, shop your favorite makeup or book a salon appointment on your phone with these seven new services!
- Thu, Feb 20, 2014 3:18 PM EST | Commentsby Lucky Staffers
Hanna Teter snowboards, she runs two different charities (a maple syrup company called Hannah's Gold, which benefits an impoverished village in Kenya, plus she supports Boarding for Breast Cancer) and has a very appealing beauty routine to boot. Click through for the two-time Olympic medalist's winter beauty must-haves.
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 11:08 AM EST | Commentsdomino magazine brings you the most fashionable rooms we've seen this week. Rooms by Johnson Hartig, Laura Yaggy and Emily Henderson top our list.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Parenting - 20 minutes ago
- Author Blog Posts - 25 minutes ago
- Fashion - 35 minutes ago
- Parenting - 41 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 43 minutes ago