- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:39 PM EST | CommentsAs a busy mom, I'm always looking for ways to sneak in exercise (and share them with you, like ways to sneak exercise into your work day and ways to walk more every day). So, of course, I loved the news about how subway stations in Moscow are getting into the Olympic spirit-by encouraging passengers to squat for a free ride.Train riders can earn free rides by doing 30 squats in front of an interactive machine. love both how this gets people active and how much fun people seem to be having as they're exercising. It seems like doing something a little out of the ordinary is pretty fun for these people, not to mention that they're probably pretty stoked about the free ride! I know I would be. It also made me fantasize about a world that encouraged activity in these ways, and made it more normal to exercise when you have nothing better to do. I'd love to see exercise encouraged in everyday activities, and here are a few ideas I'd like to see. - By Erin Whitehead
- Mon, Nov 18, 2013 3:20 PM EST | Comments
November 18th marks a very special day - it is the day that is considered to be the birthday of the one and only Mickey Mouse! The most iconic, famous, and beloved cartoon character of all time turns 85 this year, although he really doesn't look a day older than when he debuted a lifetime ago. The day, November 18th, isn't the day when Walt Disney first put pen to paper to invent Mickey, but rather the day when Steamboat Willie debuted and changed not just the course of Walt Disney's life, but entertainment as we know it. As Walt Disney said, "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." In celebration, click through for 7 surprising things you may not know about Mickey Mouse! -By Sunny Chanel
MORE ON BABBLE
17 signs you grew up on Disney movies
16 favorite Disney stars from the 2000s - then vs. now
10 dating do's and don'ts from the Disney princesses
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 2:57 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
Even if you're doing all the right things-exfoliating, moisturizing and hydrating-radiant skin is not always easily attainable during the colder months. You can, however, always fake it.
Click through above for eight products and makeup techniques that will keep you glowing all season long.
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:17 PM EST | Comments
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:44 PM EST | CommentsSending out holiday cards this year? You can stamp them up with Harry Potter. Yes. Whether you're getting in touch for Thanksgivukkah, Christmas or New Years, the post office has released four Harry Potter-themed stamps - taken from stills from the movie - for your November-December sending needs. I don't know about you, but I'm already getting my owl prepared; there are some fancy-stamped cards to mail. There have been many stamps over the years commemorating iconic films, television shows, and music. Let's take a look at some of the best.
-By Laurie White
MORE ON BABBLE
15 stylish Harry Potter clothes for grown-ups
10 horrible bosses from TV and the movies (and you thought YOURS was bad!?)
The 12 bravest women in pop culture - Katniss, Hermoine, and more!
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 2:52 PM EST | Comments
When we couple up we expose our deepest secrets and single-person behavior. That one thing that you'd only do if alone. I have a few things. Some I am aware of when I do them, like picking a wedgie and dancing to Rihanna in my underwear. Others not so much, like picking my nose and ripping off the nail polish from my fingernails. So you can imagine my horror when a man starts sleeping over and staying for days. We're in a real relationship now. So we show our cards, share our fears, and our skin, literally and metaphorically. Men want to get to know me. They ask questions and some aren't easy to answer. Click through for 7 questions I hope a man NEVER asks me! -By Sujeiry Gonzalez
MORE ON BABBLE
20 things ALL women do but hate to admit
14 things you should never say to a woman
The 25 biggest male turn-offs
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 2:44 PM EST | CommentsWhat could be cuter than a bunch of baby llamas and alpacas? I went and found some for you. I also found a couple of interesting baby llama facts. Did you know that a baby llama is called a cria? I didn't! I also found that llamas often hum, both when content and when under stress. Mother llamas also hum to their babies. Llamas live between 17 and 23 years, so these babies will grow up and be around for awhile. When fully grown, a llama will average around 350 pounds in weight. Here are 7 totally cute baby llamas and alpacas.
-By Carleen Coulter
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 7:14 PM EST | CommentsHosting your family's Thanksgiving feast can be stressful. Well, stress no more: We have tips for setting a beautiful fall table filled with easy-to-craft decorations and crowd-pleasing recipes.
-By Camille Styles, Photography by Buff Strickland for HGTV.com
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 12:37 PM EST | CommentsJasmin Sun
We're not trying to say that the world is out to get you, but at times you might want to exercise caution. Each of these eight otherwise delicious and healthy fruits and vegetables have naturally occurring toxins that, while safe to ingest every so often (the body is pretty resilient that way), can definitely kill you depending on how, and how much of it you decide to eat. We've also done some quick math* to figure out how much you can eat before things get…lethal. Now go forth and satisfy that morbid curiosity:
*Note: Numbers are by no means a strong suit of ours, so while we're reasonably confident in the algebra used to come up with these quantities, please excuse any calculation errors!
SEE MORE FROM BON APPETIT:
10 Snacks You Thought Were Healthy But Really Aren't
Your New Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie
8 Foods That Could Kill You
22 Recipes Everyone Should Know How to Cook
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 4:50 PM EST | CommentsJessica Shyba, a blogger and photographer from Northern California, recently took her three children to the Santa Cruz SPCA to finally get the dog the family had wanted for so long. They chose a puppy they named Theo, and brought him home. Thus began a most adorable friendship between the tiny mutt and the family's smallest member, Beau.
Every afternoon when the 23-month-old toddler is put down for his nap, the 8-week old puppy cuddles up next to him for his own nap. Jessica starting taking photos of these precious moments, and posted them on her blog, MommasGoneCity. It soon transformed into a sweet, extensive photo series depicting "the most organic and beautiful friendship I have ever witnessed," she tells Huffington Post.
The series has sparked its own hashtag, #TheoandBeau, and an Instagram page followed by over 78,000 people. Take a look at some of the cutest photos starring the two sleepy companions.
- Beauty - 28 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 30 minutes ago
- Fashion - 31 minutes ago
- Fashion - 32 minutes ago
- At Home - 35 minutes ago