- Wed, May 8, 2013 2:20 PM EDT | CommentsSo many of our favorite A-listers are preggers (love must be in the air!), and it hasn't stopped them from remaining totally stylish and chic. Check out these best dressed baby bumps.
For More From Real Beauty:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Wed, May 8, 2013 2:22 PM EDT | CommentsI am not a vegetarian.Filet mignon cooked medium rare is my dream dinner. But, a few years ago, I started learning about the environmental impact of meat production and decided our family needed to do its part to reduce that negative impact on the earth. When I made the goal to "eat less meat," I admit I felt intimidated. I was venturing into new territory and wasn't sure how well I could stick to the goal. In the end I discovered that cutting back on meat was actually easy! Our family never felt like we were "missing" anything because we were able to still enjoy meat by using it in a more thoughtful and resourceful way. Here are the things our family did to make our "eat less meat" journey doable and enjoyable!
-By Jane Maynard
MORE ON BABBLE
The 25 healthiest foods for under $1
20 vegan meals you can make in 20 minutes or less
10 hearty and nutritious quinoa salad recipes
- Wed, May 8, 2013 2:20 PM EDT | CommentsEveryone knows that a healthy, balanced diet can keep you trim and contribute to healthy skin, hair, and nails. There are key vitamins, minerals, and herbs that helpful for anti-aging, sun protection, hair growth, strong nails, and a well-functioning metabolism. Of course, these are desirable benefits and marketers are capitalizing on our desires to look our best. Supplements for beauty are big business and it seems as if there is a new "fountain of youth" wonder pill every week. I've compiled a comprehensive list of supplements commonly taken for beauty and included what it is, what it does, and where to find it. Most of these are well-studied and doctor recommended but I've included a few hyped supplements that haven't been scientifically proven and should probably be avoided. Click through to discover which supplements you might want to add to your regimen. As always, you should consult your doctor before starting any new vitamins or supplements.- By Sonya Lee Benham
MORE ON BABBLE
25 drugstore beauty essentials under $10
6 essential steps to a healthy complexion
7 superfoods everyone needs for healthy skin
- Wed, May 8, 2013 2:14 PM EDT | CommentsI think I can safely say that most of you reading have a love for pets to some degree. Some of you declare yourselves a "cat person" other's would consider themselves a "dog person". Some of you like birds or mice or lizards and others like the more creepy-type pets like snakes and spiders. I think that we can all say that we love pets though and really do love our own. Do you ever wonder if you can love pets too much, so that it's kind of bizarre? I'm not talking about anything super creepy or illegal, but I personally, have a hard time understanding those who are deeply connected to their pets and see them as an extension of themselves or like one of their children. It's totally normal to see a baby or even an older kid taking a stroll with their parents in a stroller on a warm day. It's not all that normal, for me - to see pets riding around in very similar strollers. Seems a little strange if there are no physical ailments that keep a dog or cat or otherwise from walking on a leash like we normally see, but who knows - maybe it's bizarre or maybe it's just true love. Check out these 7 pictures of pets getting a walk in a stroller. - By Devan McGuinness
MORE ON BABBLE
25 awkward family photos with pets
12 adorable pictures of dogs asleep in strange places
10 signs you're too close to your cat
- Wed, May 8, 2013 2:00 PM EDT | CommentsOur middle child is named Sydney. Not necessarily after the city in Australia, although he does consider himself quite famous knowing that an entire city shares the same name as he. While we named our son after an uncle, it is neat to know that we could travel halfway around the world and find a place with a name so familiar to us. It got me thinking about all the city-inspired baby names, and so I searched to see just how many names have been inspired by cities, and it turns out there's quite a lot. Here's 10 of my favorite city-inspired baby names I found. By Andrea Howe
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
7 pregnancy trends for 2013: Unexpected baby names and more!
Stumped? 15 proven tricks to help you think of the perfect baby name
10 ways to bond with your baby during pregnancy
- Tue, Apr 30, 2013 10:10 AM EDT | Comments
We've gathered the boldest and most over-the-top dresses from the latest bridal fashion week collections. From short flapper dresses to see-through gowns, we guarantee you've never seen anything like these bridal fashions before.
By Simone Hill and Jamie Miles for TheKnot.com
- Wed, May 8, 2013 1:54 PM EDT | CommentsBy Carolyn Hsu, Beauty High
If there's one thing universally agreed upon by beauty experts everywhere, it's this: The best thing you can do for your skin is to wear sun protection. In fact, we'd be pretty surprised if you didn't already know that you should be applying it on a daily basis all year round - but for something that is supposedly "beauty common sense," there is a surprising amount of misinformation surrounding the topic. To clear things up, we consulted with Birmingham, Alabama based dermatologist, Julie Harper, to discuss all things related to sun protection.
Read on to get the facts on SPF, product labels, UV rays, Vitamin D, and what to do if you just want a little color this season.
More From Beauty High:
4 Key Ways To Change Your Diet For Clearer Skin
Getting Rid of Cellulite: The Best Skin Firming Products to Use
Get A One-Minute Makeover Now
- Mon, Apr 29, 2013 4:56 PM EDT | CommentsIs your wardrobe having deja vu? With fashion's ever-revolving door, trends we thought were dead and buried in the back of our closets have come back. Click through to see the fads you never thought you'd wear again-and how to revive them if you so choose (but if you'd rather stick to your favorite LBD, we completely understand).
MORE ON ELLE.COM:
Spring Trends to Wear Now
How to Get the Hair You Want
16 Unexpected Date Night Beauty Essentials
Brighten Up: Makeup to Look More Awake
- Wed, May 8, 2013 12:08 PM EDT | CommentsWhatever your skill level in the kitchen, these shortcuts and tips will make every step of preparing a meal or dessert more efficient, and ultimately more rewarding.
More from Martha Stewart Living:
Easy, Everyday Meatless Recipes
10 Healthy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes to Try
31 Delicious, No-Fail Cookie Recipes
Bacon, 46 Ways to Cook and Eat It
- Wed, May 8, 2013 12:22 AM EDT | CommentsNothing is more satisfying than finding a great new pair of jeans. But with summer approaching, we prefer our denim in dress form, so we've rounded up the top five styles we're excited to wear non-stop. From pale chambray to to ultra-dark denim, these are not your average shirt dresses or kiddie overall skirts. We'll be dressing ours up with sexy heels, stylish sandals, and loads of colorful accessories. After all, denim provides the perfect neutral palette and only gets better with wear. By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion & Beauty Editor
Top 5 Spring Nail Colors, Top 5 Metallic Sandals, Top 5 Mascaras, Top 5 Umbrellas, Top 5 Mirrored Sunglasses, Top 5 Red Lipsticks, Top 5 Spring Clutches, Top 5 Pink Blushes, Top 5 Cap-toe Flats
- Healthy Living - 29 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
- At Home - 2 hours 5 minutes ago