- Thu, Feb 20, 2014 3:18 PM EST | Commentsby Lucky Staffers
Hanna Teter snowboards, she runs two different charities (a maple syrup company called Hannah's Gold, which benefits an impoverished village in Kenya, plus she supports Boarding for Breast Cancer) and has a very appealing beauty routine to boot. Click through for the two-time Olympic medalist's winter beauty must-haves.
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 11:08 AM EST | Commentsdomino magazine brings you the most fashionable rooms we've seen this week. Rooms by Johnson Hartig, Laura Yaggy and Emily Henderson top our list.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 11:05 AM EST | CommentsBy Stephanie Hallett, Lover.ly
Marrying a Scrabble fanatic? Why not integrate the game into your big-day decor! Scrabble tiles can be used in so many creative ways at a wedding -- from place cards to favors. Let the infamous word game inspire you with these wedding decor ideas.
More from Lover.ly:
9 ways to save money on your wedding venue
What to expect from your first bridal salon appointment
5 New York fashion week trends brides will love
Lover.ly -- search, save, shop, and share all things wedding.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 10:53 AM EST | CommentsBy Ali Hoffman, Refinery29
Lipstick is kind of like chocolate - there will always be the latest wild card (at present, it's bacon for chocolate; violet for lipstick), but when push comes to shove, it's the unbeatable classic that outlasts them all.
With that in mind, we turned to 10 of Hollywood's most esteemed makeup experts to find out which lip hue they will forever swear by. Collectively, these acclaimed beauty professionals list every major starlet from Emma Stone to Gwyneth Paltrow to Halle Berry to Claire Danes to Emma Watson to Lea Michele - and, many, many more - as former clients. So, what are you waiting for? Pucker up and get clicking!
More from Refinery29:
The Best New Moisturizers For Your Skin Type
Here's A No-Fail Way To Get Rid Of Frizz In 10 Seconds!
5 Simple, Easy Ways To Bust Out Of A Bad Mood
29 Easy Ways To Burn 100 More Calories A Day
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 10:45 AM EST | CommentsBy Ellen Hoffman, Refinery29
Maybe the weather is starting to mess with your mood. And, perhaps that has led you to the conclusion that your pad's feng shui could use a pick-me-up or two seven. You're likely just tired of looking at the same stuff all the time - that's basically the only reason we undertake spring-cleaning every year, right? Well, before you go on a spending rampage, check out under-$10 editor-curated buys that'll instantly spruce up your abode - and skip all those extra zeros on your receipt.
RELATED: The Lazy Girl's Guide To Saving Money
You'll be amazed at how a few punchy (and inexpensive) home accents can transform your digs, and how they'll keep your existing furniture and decor from feeling stale. So, say yes to a chicly revamped space - complete with monogram mugs, cheeky cookbooks, colorful dinnerware, and more - and keep your saving account intact.
- Fri, Feb 21, 2014 10:35 AM EST | CommentsBy Grace McCalmon, Refinery29
Raise your hand if you've heard or uttered the words "I'm on a detox" this year. Everyone? Okay. Well, have you ever taken a moment to ponder what, exactly, are these dastardly toxins we're desperately trying to purge? Are they a legitimate threat? Should everyone indeed be doing a detox, or is it all a ridiculous sham concocted by a consortium of very wealthy juice makers? Behold, we bring you: The truth about toxins.
- Wed, Feb 19, 2014 12:28 PM EST | CommentsCowhide rugs pack a wild punch into any space. Now we've found you choices that will fit any color scheme. Use your imagination: these guys have been known to work their magic on domino magazine's pages far beyond their traditional role as a living room focal point.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Thu, Feb 20, 2014 1:39 PM EST | CommentsThe magic of photography is how a split second frozen in time can reveal an epic story layered in history and emotion. The Sony World Photography Awards announced its shortlist of student finalists this week, spotlighting young photographers who capture the world around them in a manner that's both courageous and tender. The candidates, ages 21–28, each submitted a single image on the theme "Tomorrow's News." The semifinalists, who represent six continents, were chosen from hundreds of students enrolled in photography programs at more than 230 institutions around the globe. They have now been challenged to present a series of self-portraits to the judges. The winner will be announced on April 30 in London and receive $48,000 in photographic equipment. The annual contest is one of the largest of its kind and features both professional and amateur photographers. Here are eight of the most compelling works; you can also see more of the student finalist's photographs. — Sarah B. Weir, Yahoo Shine
Related videos on Shine:
More Images From the Sony World Photography Awards
Lessons From a Master Cat Photographer
Young Photographer Turns Paralyzing Nightmares Into Stunning Photos
- Thu, Feb 20, 2014 3:48 PM EST | CommentsI've been reading a few WWII-era books this month, so I already kind of had the 1940s on the brain when I totally lucked out and found a vintage-inspired dress at the thrift store. This, logically, led to a tear-filled viewing of The Notebook. I'm a total sucker for vintage dresses in movies and TV shows. From The Great Gatsby to Mad Men, I've rounded up all kinds of vintage fashion inspiration as well as 4 online shops where you can find the dress of your vintage dreams. -By Kayla Moncur
MORE ON BABBLE
12 fashion rules you should totally break
13 vintage "push-up" bras we'll never wear again
11 awful fashion fads of the '80s and '90s
- Thu, Feb 20, 2014 2:41 PM EST | CommentsNothing warms up a home like the look and feel of natural hardwoods, says domino magazine. But when the real stuff won't suffice, there's a bevy of look-alike tiles and wallpapers that bring design-friendly faux-bois solutions to every room of the house.
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
- Pets - 4 hours ago
- Love + Sex - Sat, Mar 15, 2014 9:41 AM EDT
- Pets - Sat, Mar 15, 2014 9:09 AM EDT
- Healthy Living - Fri, Mar 14, 2014 7:53 PM EDT