- Thu, May 2, 2013 6:10 PM EDT | CommentsBy Augusta Falletta, Beauty High
In the age of Instagram, it's imperative to know how to take a good selfie - considering the amount of people who will see this picture (and the fact that it'll be online forever once you post it), a bad selfie can ruin you. Okay, maybe not ruin you, but it at least guarantees a bad comment or two. So, what should you be taking into consideration when you snap a picture of yourself with the best haircut you've ever had or the most adorable macaron from your favorite bakery? Let us show you how to take a great selfie, thanks to the lessons we've learned from Amanda Bynes' newest career (taking Twit Pics of herself).
From finding a good background to taking a minute to focus the camera, we've put together a list of the lessons Amanda Bynes' selfies have taught us, ranging from good to bad to ugly. Take a look at the child star's pictures above and tell us your tips for taking selfies in the comments below!
More From Beauty High:
23 Prom Movie Looks You Need to See
May Must-Haves: What You Need On Your Shopping List This Month
Try On Celebrity Hairstyles In The Makeover Studio
- Fri, May 3, 2013 10:06 AM EDT | CommentsHere we go again. As if our daily encounters in the comments sections of the internet aren't enough to convince us that people are strange, the government of New Zealand goes and releases an updated list of banned baby names. Oh, people. What are you thinking? According to the New York Daily News, people pretty much aren't thinking at all. No, you may not name your child "Mafia No Fear." V8 is also a no go. So are punctuation marks and symbols. If we have to tell you, then you probably shouldn't be having kids. But okay, we'll break it down for you. Click onward to see the names that parents in New Zealand have tried to name their babies and have since become against the law.
-By Monica Bielanko
MORE ON BABBLE
The 25 most unique baby name trends of 2013
20 totally "obscure" hipster baby names
The 33 worst celebrity baby names... EVER
- Thu, May 2, 2013 5:06 PM EDT | CommentsThe kitchen is the busiest room in the house, which means it's often the messiest and dirtiest! Staying on top of the kitchen cleaning only requires a few minutes a day and saves you from hours of work down the road. With just a little organization and a few quick tips for cleaning, you can keep your kitchen in sparkling condition all the time! - By Jane Maynard
MORE ON BABBLE
20 things you can live without to reduce clutter
16 natural cleaning products that actually work
10 every day household items that double as organizers
- Thu, May 2, 2013 2:00 PM EDT | CommentsCelebrate good times with these delicioso Mexican recipes. Salsas, carnitas and other favorites are perfect for any fiesta or dinner table. By Ericka Sanchez
MORE ON SPOONFUL
Beef enchiladas, tamales and 12 other Mexican beef recipes
Fried mac 'n' cheese balls, Mexican sushi bites, and 33 more ingenious party snacks
15 kid-friendly chicken recipes you can make together
- Thu, May 2, 2013 6:44 PM EDT | Comments
We loved Diane Kruger's bright, lime-green strappy sandals so much we had to round up 9 other styles that are hot right now. Check 'em out and start shopping-happy spring!
Which sandal style are you loving this season? Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine!
- Thu, May 2, 2013 6:28 PM EDT | Comments
Beyoncé sang it best-"'Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it-and these are a few seriously hot baubles we wouldn't mind putting on, ourselves.@OKMagazine!
- Thu, May 2, 2013 5:44 PM EDT | Comments
- Thu, May 2, 2013 5:24 PM EDT | CommentsBraids have a timeless appeal -- and they're easier than you think. Just three simple weaves go into even the most elaborate of braided creations. Learn them and your hairstyling options are endless.
More from Martha Stewart:
Simple Steps for Beautiful Skin
5-Minute Workouts to do Right Now
DIY Face Masks and Scrubs
- Thu, May 2, 2013 4:18 PM EDT | CommentsWe strolled around NYC and asked real men what beauty mistakes really drive them away. Hint: Most, no matter what their profession or where they are from, believe less is more when it comes to makeup.
For More From Real Beauty:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Thu, May 2, 2013 2:18 PM EDT | Comments
People make a big fuss about their wedding pictures - it's understandable. First off, they are the most visual link to that once-in-a-lifetime event when your love is consecrated in the eyes of your family and friends and even cousins you never knew you had. BUT, if you happen to be the proud owner of just one picture from your big day in which that crazy uncle, or better yet, a complete stranger in a Speedo, just happened to enter the frame at the perfect moment and now lives on forever in photo form, consider yourself extremely lucky, my friend. For it is that photo and that photo alone which you will return to again and again, to show your friends, to share with as many people as possible on the internet, and which will bring you more joy than all of the other pictures combined. Click through for the 7 most hilarious wedding photobombs ever! -By Serge Bielanko
MORE ON BABBLE
The 13 worst reasons to get married
20 things you should NEVER say during sex
The 15 best marriage tips from the worst husband ever
- Pets - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 19 hours ago
- Pets - Sat, May 18, 2013 7:41 AM EDT
- Pets - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:56 PM EDT
- Shine Food - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:42 PM EDT