- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 2:26 PM EST | CommentsEven though you might be spending the day cooking, there's no reason why you can't still look adorable. These 7 outfits are trendy and made with comfortable fabrics that should be a cinch to wash. If it's hot in the kitchen, you might want to go with something looser, like a lightweight cotton t-shirt and shorts. For chilly weather, go with a cotton cardigan and a pair of leggings or tights. Check out our tips too, like how to dress up your favorite pair of sweats.
-By Jaime Morrison Curtis
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 10:46 AM EST | CommentsBy Nicole Sforza and Valerie Rains
One-of-a-kind ideas from our 2013 gift guide that will delight the little ones on your list.
Gifts for Kids
Gift-giving can be quite stressful when you've got Santa to compete with. We've rounded up 10 surprising finds for your favorite members of the underage crew.
- Tue, Nov 26, 2013 11:48 AM EST | CommentsGrowing up, we all dreaded sitting at the kids' table. The adult table looked so much better, right? Well that is no longer the case! Or at least it doesn't have to be. There are tons of creative ways to make the kids' table a little more kid-friendly and even downright fun. Use some of these awesome Thanksgiving table ideas to make your kids table the cool table. Before you know it, all of the adults will be wanting to sit there!
-By Melanie Blodgett
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 1:55 PM EST | Comments
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 2:39 PM EST | CommentsPatricia Garcia
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire hits theaters tomorrow, and while some people are already lining up outside theaters, others are still wondering, What's all the fuss? For any fashion followers who fall into that latter category, we propose another way to enjoy the film: through its sartorial inventiveness. Some characters, such as Elizabeth Banks's Effie, are decked out in Alexander McQueen, while others, like Jennifer Lawrence, are in outfits that can burst into flames. There's even a quasi fashion show in the form of an opening ceremony, where contestants enter into the stadium in chariots wearing couture-like creations. Each participant (known as a "tribute") is paired with a stylist (hello, Lenny Kravitz!) tasked with designing a look representative of each individual district. And with themes like Power, Luxury, and Lumber, the creative possibilities are endless.
With that in mind, we wondered, if we lived in a dystopian future-minus the whole death-match component of it all-which avant-garde designers would create the fantastical costumes? Above, our imaginary world of Hunger Games fashion.
More from Vogue:
Best Met Gala Looks of All Time
100 Under $100: Fall Fashion Guide
Michelle Obama's Best-Dressed Moments
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 1:19 PM EST | CommentsThe 50th Anniversary Special of Doctor Who airs this weekend. In 50 years, there have been 11 doctors in the title role because of the ingenious idea that time lords such as the Doctor don't die, they regenerate. Actors regenerate into new versions of the Doctor, and that's how the TV series has endured for 50 years. It can be a little frightening, but it's a great show to watch with the whole family. The campy effects belie the deeper themes of friendship, exploration, and tolerance. You think it's just going to be goofy and fun, and it is. But it's also fantastic storytelling and quite wonderful in every way. The concept of Doctor Who is so good, so brilliant, and so flexible that it has captured the imagination of audiences for 50 years and become a pop culture phenomenon. If I had to pick one (and - thank goodness - I don't have to pick one), I'd say David Tennant (#10) is my favorite doctor. Who's yours? Take a look at the mini-bios of the first 7 doctors and take your pick! - By Kact Faulconer
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:32 PM EST | Comments
Paying back student loans can be a completely daunting process. The total amount due is usually so high that it seems like it is impossible to actually make any real progress on. I actually thought I would die with my debt, so I got to the point where I said, "Ah, screw it! I might as well enjoy myself!" Guess how that turned out? Not very well… it took some drastic measures (namely implementing my Spending Fast plan) for me to get real about my student loans and actually get them paid off: something that I previously considered an impossibility. Since I found my way out of my student loans, I've got a couple of tips for you. You really want to payoff the bills ASAP so that you ultimately end up paying less in interest. Getting those student loans paid off is possible! Click through for 7 seemingly impossible ways to beat your debt! -By Anna Newell Jones
MORE ON BABBLE
10 easy ways to save $3,500 this year
7 simple ways to save money on your electric bill
8 tips to help you get out of debt ... that actually work
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 11:56 AM EST | CommentsYou don't need to spend a lot of money to keep your kiddo warm through the season especially as they grow so quickly! Better yet, take my parenting pro-tip and purchase next year's coat when all these coats go on sale at the end of the season. You'll feel you're really getting your money's worth. Here are five coats for your little dude to be on the lookout for!
- By Tracy Brennan
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:00 PM EST | Comments
In just one day from now, the Toy Story movie franchise leaves its childhood behind - the original Toy Storymovie turns 18 on November 22nd. Welcome to adulthood, Toy Story! Over the last 18 years, we've all learned important life lessons while watching Toy Story grow from a small cast of characters within the walls of Andy's room to include friends (and enemies) at Sunnyside and beyond. If you're like me, I'm sure you're still wondering what those toys are up to, how they're adjusting to their new home, and how Andy's doing in college. Toy Story has become a part of our lives during these 18 years. While the list of lessons learned from Toy Storycould reach to infinity … and beyond! Here are my favorite 18 life lessons learned from Toy Story. -By Amy Lupold Bair
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 6:06 PM EST | CommentsHoliday party season is almost here, and we're yearning for dresses with wow factor. Our favorite silhouette? The fit-and-flare skater dress. They slim the waist, enhance your curves, and swish around in a flirty way. Let's admit it: those Olympic skating costumes may have a few too many sparkles, but they are incredibly flattering and one of our favorite things to watch during the winter games. These top five dresses will get noticed through the holidays and beyond. By Joanna Douglas, Yahoo Shine Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor
Previous favorites: Top 5 Cable-Knit Sweaters, Top 5 D'Orsay Flats, Top 5 'Geek Chic' Glasses, Top 5 Baseball Hats, Top 5 Matching Separates, Top 5 Surf Sprays, Top 5 One-piece Swimsuits, Top 5 Sunscreens, Top 5 Flip-Flops, Top 5 Crossbody Bags, Top 5 Dry Shampoos, Top 5 Little White Dresses, Top 5 Body Lotions, Top 5 Stylish Sneakers, Top 5 Denim Dresses, Top 5 Spring Nail Colors, Top 5 Metallic Sandals, Top 5 Mascaras, Top 5 Umbrellas, Top 5 Mirrored Sunglasses, Top 5 Red Lipsticks, Top 5 Spring Clutches, Top 5 Pink Blushes, Top 5 Cap-toe Flat