- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 2:19 PM EST | CommentsWe've all experienced it at one time or another: the inevitable post-Thanksgiving food baby. I for one have tried to binge eat a little less when it comes to the holidays, but let's be real: it's pretty hard to moderate myself when there are blue cheese mashed potatoes and chocolate bread pudding around. I've made the mistake of wearing impractical clothing to Thanksgiving dinner on more than one occasion (think skinny jeans, shirts with buttons and zip-up dresses, none of which offer any give for that post-meal belly bulge), but over time I have learned from my mistakes and realized that there are plenty of ways to get dressed for Thanksgiving in a way that is both comfortable and chic. Thankfully, there are plenty of styles available right now that can achieve this and I've compiled a round-up. Most of these pieces toe the line between casual and dressy so that they can be easily dressed up or down depending on the nature of your particular Thanksgiving celebration style. - By Lauren Hartmann
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 1:42 PM EST | CommentsThere's no room for excuses with this space-saving, no-equipment workout. Gossip Girl star Kaylee DeFer tests our 8 easy moves in her not-so-spacious New York City hotel.
by SELF Staffers
"Exercise makes me feel better inside and out, but it's hard to fit in," DeFer says. "These moves make it easier because you don't need a gym membership or a lot of space to do them!"
THE EXPERT Trainer Jay Cardiello created this tight-space tone-up for his celebrity clients. He calls it Cardio Core 4x4 because it's designed to be done in a 4-foot-by-4-foot area like a tour bus, dressing room or trailer. For you, that might mean a clutter-free corner of the living room.
YOU'LL NEED Nada! Each move uses the weight of your body to create resistance, sculpting sexy definition without equipment.
YOUR PLAN Perform the indicated reps (or time) for each move three times per week on alternate days. Add 30 minutes of cardio (walk, run--you decide) most days to fast-track firming.
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 12:56 PM EST | CommentsI'm pretty good most of the time about providing my family with a variety of nutritious foods (even though I admittedly fall off the cooking wagon sometimes). But what about the quality of the foods or the hidden ingredients I don't always think of looking for because I'm so used to just grabbing certain things off the shelves? According to Fox News, Americans are eating a ton of the foods we shouldn't be, like farmed salmon and artificial food dyes. Not because they're high in sugar or salt or because they don't have enough vitamins, but because they're literally banned in other countries. It's nearly impossible to scrutinize every label with a toddler screaming for more pineapple samples or that he's "stuck stuck stuck" in the cart. I took a look around my kitchen and dug out some shockers I'm ashamed to admit I found.
-By Heather Neal
- Fri, Nov 15, 2013 2:17 PM EST | Commentsby Elana Fishman
There are brunettes, there are blondes, there are redheads-and then there are those select women who sport grey hair with such stylish ease that it's hard not to envy them. Contrary to popular opinion, silvery strands aren't (and shouldn't be!) reserved for ladies of a certain age; in fact, some of our favorite under-30 singers, style stars and TV personalities have taken the pale hue for a spin, too. On the more traditional side of the spectrum, of course, many an award-winning actress and veteran supermodel has chosen to put down the dye and embrace her grey with absolute grace.
Click through above to check out some of our favorite grey-haired stars. From Daphne Guinness to Linda Fargo to Lady Gaga, these women prove that sometimes, silver comes in first place.
- Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:48 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
It's the season to get dressed up to eat, drink and pose for pictures. In addition to the perfect party dress, it's also important to make sure you've got a long-wearing lipstick at the ready-one that you can rely on to stay fresh and vibrant through an entire Thanksgiving dinner or a night of dancing. This way, you'll spend less time in the bathroom touching up and more time revelling with family and friends.
Click through for six tried-and-true lipstick brands that you can count on to stay put-no matter what.
- Wed, Nov 13, 2013 1:39 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
Yes, the holidays are a time for giving. But the season also happens to be the best time to stock up on beauty products for yourself. See, beauty products-especially those from prestige brands-are rarely on sale. However, now that holiday gift sets have hit shelves, you can finally score some good deals.
Take the 12 sets above, for example. Each contains a variety of popular products in generous sizes and as a bonus, often includes cute makeup cases and tools. They allow you to try products that you may not have considered otherwise, and many of them will last you until the next holiday season. When you do the math, it's clear that you're getting much more than what you paid for. Click through above to shop!
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 11:56 AM EST | CommentsAs parents, it doesn't take much to "wow" our children and create a memory that can last forever. The holidays are a wonderful time to instill family values, evoke childhood wonder and write cherished stories in your family books. Create some more magic this season by adding one of these fun family traditions to your holiday. -By Kelle Hampton
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 11:04 AM EST | CommentsWhether you're shopping for the friend who has everything, or just want to come up with a special surprise, these genius gift ideas will be a hit with even the most impossible-to-shop-for giftees on your list!
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 12:19 PM EST | CommentsFor a national holiday that encourages to take stock of our blessings, Thanksgiving can be fairly stressful…especially for parents. All the preparations and cooking and a more formal mealtime are not exactly kid-friendly. But gratitude isn't just for adults, and neither should Thanksgiving be an adult-only activity. That's why I like to get the kids involved as much as possible. Here are a few of the ways we suggest doing it, from helping prepare the table to giving a hand in the kitchen. - By Kristen Howerton
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 9:48 AM EST | CommentsThe right fragrance will make you feel prettier, sexier, generally more fabulous--we know, because we spent weeks spritzing on dozens of new scents, narrowing the field. The stellar six you see here made us and the people we hang out with very happy. Whether you're looking for a gift or to spoil yourself (excellent idea), discover your exact match.
- Healthy Living - 28 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 30 minutes ago
- Daily Shot - 46 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 57 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 59 minutes ago