- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 6:57 PM EST | Comments
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 6:22 PM EST | CommentsSkip the flowers and chocolates this Valentine's Day and mix up a romantic champagne cocktail instead! These bubbly, blushing drinks are sure to impress your sweetheart and set the mood for the rest of the night...
-Compiled from HGTV.com and DIYNetwork.com
MORE FROM HGTV FAMILY OF SITES
Who Else Wants to Win HGTV's Dream Home?
Extreme Makeovers: 20 Flea Market Furniture Finds, Transformed
The Wedding Color Trends We're Loving in 2014
Celebrity Cribs: Peek Inside 50+ Amazing Star Mansions
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 6:23 PM EST | CommentsBy: Brit + Co.
Sidelined from Sochi due to injury or complete athletic inability? Us too, but that doesn't mean we can't get into the Olympic spirit! From oohing and ahhing over the spectacle of the opening ceremonies to taking style notes while watching a downright sassy crew of skaters, we've got two weeks of wintery athletic goodness to take in. So, it's obviously time to throw a party… or three ;) Here are 10 ideas for your very own Olympics party. Now, let the games begin!
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 6:21 PM EST | Comments
When it comes to Valentine's Day, it's pretty much the only time during the year when I will wear red and pink together. During the first two weeks of February, this fun and festive color combination is totally fair game. Sometimes wearing two bold colors, like pink and red, can be overwhelming and loud, and although there is certainly a time and place for that, there are also a lot of other ways to wear the colors more subtly while still being festive. Click through for seven creative ways I wear pink and red together for Valentine's Day, as well as a bunch of great picks for you to wear for the holiday! - By Merrick White
7 Stylish Looks for Valentine's Day
10 items you can wear from your man's closet
7 things to take out of your closet...now
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 11:19 AM EST | CommentsBy Connie Wang, Refinery29
You win, cold snap. For the past several days, we've dealt with snow flurries, slush lakes, and icy winds so cold, we were running to Fashion Week shows because we were freezing - not because we were late. So, of course, the shoes we chose to slip into this time around had to fulfill a few more requirements than just "fab."
With sneakers, heavy-duty booties, and shearling-lined stunners dominating the concrete, there were a few intrepid souls soles out there who decided to flash a little toe, some ankle, and, in a few cases, a full-on summery, bare leg. Ahead, we're showcasing the steppers that carried NYFW attendees through the snow drifts, over the ice, and around the puddles. From the pretty-yet-practical to the delightfully impractical, these were the shoes that turned the pavement into the real runway this season. Walk. It. Out.
RELATED: The Best Black Tights You Need To Know About
Editor's Note: We get it. You see something, and you want it, like, yesterday. That's why we added similar items to the bottom of each of our street-style posts, so you can pick up a piece you love in a snap. Get inspired, and get shopping.
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 3:52 PM EST | CommentsKelly Connor
It's no secret that fashion folk travel in packs-especially as they globe-trot this time of year-and what better way to discern someone's provenance than by the way they (and their cohorts) choose to dress? Here, we decode some of our favorite fashion tribes, making them easier to spot in their natural habitats.
More from Vogue:
Fashion Week A-Z: Vogue's Guide to the Fall 2014 Shows
100 Under $100: Fall Fashion Guide
Michelle Obama's Best-Dressed Moments
10 Best Beauty Looks for All Ages
What The 2014 Oscar Nominees Should Wear on the Red Carpet
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 5:35 PM EST | CommentsAt the Diane von Furstenberg show, the soft shadow, plum cheeks, and loose buns gave a pretty, ballerina-off-duty feel.
By Catherine Devine Reported by Sophia Panych
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST | CommentsIf you haven't gotten in on the nail art trend, Valentine's Day is a great excuse to give it a try. Even if you aren't a fan of the holiday, you've got to admit there are some great iconic images to work with. Hearts, lipstick kisses, roses and arrows are perfect little motifs for decorating fingernails. Of course, not everyone has the time or the inclination to create their own nail art. That is the beauty of Valentine's Day nail wraps; all of the artwork is done for you! Applying them is really easy, and depending on how hard you are on your hands, most nail strips can last up to two weeks. Click through the slideshow for adorable nail wraps to sweeten your Valentine's Day. -Sonya Lee Benham
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 4:03 PM EST | Comments
Interior designer Scot Meacham Wood, formerly of Ralph Lauren and now owner of his eponymous design firm, solves design dilemmas in his weekly column, Ask a Designer. Here, we rounded up the common questions we've gotten from readers.
More from House Beautiful:
- Tue, Feb 11, 2014 4:38 PM EST | CommentsAMC has come up the ultimate list of the 50 Greatest Romantic Movies. Meg Ryan stars in three of the top fifteen, so you know this list is legit. As we begin the countdown towards Valentine's Day, the pressure is on to come up with romantic plans. But what happens if you can't find a sitter or if you just don't feel like being out with a bunch of newbie love schmucks? What if you are single and don't want to be reminded of it, but still want to celebrate romance? The solution is simple: Stay in! Stay in and make yourself something yummy. Take your menu cues from the movie itself. Of course every movie pairs perfectly with a pint of ice cream, but moving beyond that you can have a lot of fun-finding menu and recipe ideas to elevate movie night beyond yoga pants and microwave popcorn. We've taken the top 7 movies featured in AMC's Greatest Romantic Movie list and come up with a dish and a drink to serve with each film. These food pairings for romance movies are meant to be a jumping off point. Let us know if you can think of more fun movie pairings or if you would change our menu around. -By Dresden Shumaker
MORE ON BABBLE
12 incredible Valentine's Day cookie recipes
The 20 most epic movie makeovers - ever
14 things The Bachelor taught me about love
- Fashion - 36 minutes ago
- Parenting - 37 minutes ago
- Pets - 38 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 39 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 42 minutes ago