- 5 hours ago | Comments
It often seems that anything cooked on the grill is instantly more delicious. This universal cooking technique also provides a way to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, and -- let's face it -- to create a bit of a show out of your meal. Any way you look at it, grilling and summer go hand in hand, and we want to make sure this is your most successful season yet. Here, then, are 7 dishes that should be in every cook's summer repertoire.
More from Food52
• Think beyond the hamburger with these 7 Burgers for Summer.
• Sign up for Food52's new kitchen store, Provisions, to get 10 dollars credit when they open.
• Got a question in the kitchen? The Food52 hotline is here to help!
Brought to you by the spirited home cooks' community at Food52.
- 5 hours ago | Comments
- 5 hours ago | CommentsBy Kellee Khalil, Lover.ly
It's almost that time again: waking up to a warm morning breeze, putting away anything with long sleeves, and breaking out your favorite sun hat or fedora to go with those perfect vintage, over-sized tortoise shell frames that let you know summer is just around the corner. With stores like BHLDN offering 1960's inspired frocks and decor and Mad Men being just about the hottest show on TV right now, it's no surprise that brides are in full-on 'Summer of Love' mode when it comes to planning the details of their big day. While some trends have (thankfully) failed to move forward (we're looking at you, bell bottoms), others have been reimagined to remind us of a decade full of flowers, music, love and beauty. Check out the slideshow for our favorite 1960's-inspired wedding day details and bridal looks.
More from Lover.ly
Find the perfect statement necklace to rent or buy
Have you considered this lovely shade of green as one your "colors?"
Tweet Tweet: A new look for birds in wedding decor
- 6 hours ago | Comments
- 6 hours ago | Comments
- 6 hours ago | CommentsBy Holly E. Thomas, Refinery29
For the uninitiated, a typical D.C. summer can be brutal - consider it a sweaty exercise of dry cleaning and face-blotting. But, we do look forward to one part: scoping out the best new beauty products to stay looking cool despite the heat.
How To Spring Clean Your Body - Inside And Out
This time, we've collected stellar sunscreens, lip butters, facial serums, and hair refreshers to keep you fresh and cool as a cucumber - even when "sun-dried tomato" feels more accurate.
More from Refinery29:
The Best Stay-Put Liners For Summer's Humid Temps
Here's The Surprising Way You're Screwing Up Your Skin
Our Epic Guide To Fab Skin At Every Age
Is This New Anti-Aging Fad Ridiculous? We Think So
- 6 hours ago | CommentsWith Memorial Day and the first hot days officially upon us, we're psyched to be wearing sundresses and sandals. Something we're less pleased with: our scaly legs. We've been testing out every moisturizer in sight to find just the right formula that's ultra hydrating but not too greasy. Check out our top 5 body lotions for products that smooth, tighten, protect, and smell downright delicious. By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion & Beauty Editor
Top 5 Stylish Sneakers, Top 5 Denim Dresses, Top 5 Spring Nail Colors, Top 5 Metallic Sandals, Top 5 Mascaras, Top 5 Umbrellas, Top 5 Mirrored Sunglasses, Top 5 Red Lipsticks, Top 5 Spring Clutches, Top 5 Pink Blushes, Top 5 Cap-toe Flats
- 6 hours ago | CommentsMaybe it's just because a certain blogger is from New England, but once June rolls around, all we can think about is Breton stripes, Nantucket reds, and sea creature-themed accessories. It's simple: Summer = Nautical time. With these budget-friendly finds, you can feel like you're lounging on a boat in Cape Cod without having to leave your house (or deal with traffic).
By Julie Pereira, Thread Blogger
Like what you see? For more celebrity style and beauty tips and tricks visit our Twitter and Facebook page.
- 6 hours ago | CommentsWe could look at nail art ALL DAY EVERY DAY, so we’re starting a Nails of the Day series! Every morning we’ll be highlighting one awesome manicure on the Shine homepage. Want it to be yours? Submit your favorite design to email@example.com or to our Twitter account, @YahooShine with the hashtag #nailsoftheday and we may feature it! (Let us know if they’re your own nails or where you spotted the image.) We’ll archive all the pretty fingertips right here to serve as endless eye candy and inspiration. Tell us which manicure is your favorite, and don’t forget to submit!
By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion & Beauty Editor
For more reader submitted nail photos visit our Tumblr.
- 6 hours ago | CommentsI can hardly believe that the end of the school year is already upon us, how did that happen so fast? Seems like I'm always scrambling to pull together teacher appreciation gifts at the last minute and thought I'd get a bit of a jump start on things this time around. I've put together some of the best ideas and inspirations I could find in the gallery below, many with simple DIY's and even a few free printables to make things as easy as possible. I'm so thankful for all the teachers in the world, we've been so lucky to have some of the very best along the way. Cheers to all the educators out there, we are grateful for the good work you do!- By Gabrielle Blair
MORE ON BABBLE
15 fun ways to organize with chalkboard paint
25 ways to re-purpose items you found while spring cleaning
10 genius IKEA hacks you have to try
- Pets - 54 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
- How To - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
- Fashion - 1 hour 25 minutes ago