- 5 hours ago | Comments
What's on the Christmas wish list for kids this year? Nothing, it would seem. Well, nothing in the sense that there is no "top toy" for 2013. "There are no hot toys this year; there really aren't," said Gerrick Johnson, a toy industry analyst at BMO Capital Markets. "In the 12 years I've been covering toys, we've always had something selling for a premium on eBay … This is the first time we're not seeing that." This is GOOD NEWS, people! Our kids get to be individuals. There's no playground competition to keep up with the other kids and be the first to have the biggest and best, or feel left out because Mama couldn't get off work in time to get the last hot toy from the shelf. This year, the kids want the classics. "The nostalgia surrounding some of the oldest toys will never go away," said Kathy Grannis, a spokeswoman for the National Retail Federation. "A lot of kids are still growing up on traditional toys." Here are the Top 10 Toys for Boys and Girls according to the National Retail Federation. Go old school this year with these mainstays… -By Buzz Bishop
- 5 hours ago | Comments
Damaged hair tends to split and break, leaving you with dull, frizzy-looking hair. There are lots of reasons why hair becomes damaged, including haircolor and chemical straightening services, heat styling, over-washing, and environmental factors. Usually when hair starts snapping off, it's because the elasticity is off. Hair elasticity refers to your hair's ability to stretch and return to its original length without breaking. When your hair is wet, it should be able to stretch up to 50% of its length and return to normal. Test elasticity by taking a single wet hair from 4 different areas of your head and simply pulling on either end. If it stretches easily and bounces back, your porosity is normal. If it stretches and does not return to normal or if it snaps easily, you have low porosity and your hair is more prone to break. If you have trouble determining what your hair needs, check with your stylist. But if it seems clear after a strand test, check the slideshow below for hair treatments with strengthening protein and deeply moisturizing treatments to soften brittle hair. Click through for 7 hair treatments for preventing breakage! -By Sonya Lee Benham
MORE ON BABBLE
25 hic hairstyles you can do in under 10 minutes
15 edgy hair trends anyone can pull off
15 stylish ways to wear a bun
- 5 hours ago | CommentsThanks to these five no-equipment moves, you can build a better butt, with or without a gym (you can do these exercises in front of the TV!).
by SELF Staffers
- 5 hours ago | CommentsIf the dress code for your holiday party this year is casual, might I recommend you go just slightly above casual? It's always better to be overdressed than underdressed, and casual certainly doesn't mean that you should wear sweats. If it's a holiday party, take the opportunity to wear your more casual pieces that are still festive and fun! Click through for a few ideas to put together your casual party holiday outfits this year! - By Merrick White
- 5 hours ago | CommentsNo one said being Santa was easy. It's one pretty tough job. Before the big day, he has to hit the stores and endure the long lines, crazy kids, and frenzied parents. On the big night, Santa has to find just the right gift for each and every child in the world (kind of makes your shopping list seem suddenly easier, doesn't it?) And that's not even counting the worldwide trip performed in just 24 hours. However, there are some rewards, like the pampering from Mrs. Claus and the additional help from all the elves, and then of course, there are the cookies, oh, the cookies! But, if human Santa ever gets tired, he can surely rely on our canine friends to jump in and take over. In fact, these cute pups are ready to commit. Find out the reasons why these adorable dogs might do a better job than St. Nick himself - they might just leave you shouting "Santa, Puppy!" - By Danielle Sullivan
- 6 hours ago | CommentsFrom luxury to practical, for babies and toddlers, even a little something for mom and dad who work so hard to make their little ones happy, these are 12 gifts over $100. -By Vanessa Bell
- 6 hours ago | CommentsThrowing a gender reveal party is an exciting way to share the big news of your baby's sex with friends and family. So, the big question is: Boy or girl? Here are some party ideas that will keep your guests guessing until you're ready to reveal all! -By Jacqueline Tourville
- 6 hours ago | CommentsIt has come to my attention that women in Chile are lining up to be seen by the hottest gynecologist ever. 24-year-old Manuel Rico, originally from Spain, also happens to reside in Concepción, Chile. Seriously. I can't even make this stuff up! Is he easy on the eyes? OF COURSE! But would I want him to be my gynecologist? Nope. Nada. No interest.
As I sit here, 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant, I can't help but think about my pregnancy, my annual visits to my gynecologist and why I'm steadfast with my answer. Under no circumstances could I fathom having an underwear model become my real life McDreamy. Could you? - By Tracy Brennan
- 7 hours ago | CommentsBy Kristin Tice Studeman, Refinery29
The halls are nearly decked. Visions of sugar plums sweaters and pumps are dancing in our heads. And, the sugar cookies are frosted (and, um, eaten). Yep, the season's in full swing, so it's time to make your list and check it twice. We're talking about the giving and receiving lists, of course.
In case you're still looking for gift ideas (and, who isn't), we've checked in with a few of our favorite designers, DJs, and artists to get the lowdown on what they want for the holidays. From the night cream Chelsea Leyland swears by to the luxe chess board Simon Doonan can't live without - these presents look mighty fine to us. Here's hoping you weren't naughty this year.
- 7 hours ago | CommentsBy Angela Tafoya & Jessica Velez, Refinery29
We have to admit, it's kind of hard not to get pretty jazzed about the latest techie doodads. We find ourselves scouring the web regularly, checking out the latest innovative items to hit the scene. And, lucky for you, if you're looking to add rad devices to your holiday list - our lengthy browsing habits will come in handy.
We've rounded up 8 of the hottest tech toys that you'll definitely want to find under the tree. You can thank us later.
- Author Blog Posts - 11 minutes ago
- At Home - 34 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 37 minutes ago
- Beauty - 52 minutes ago
- Beauty - 1 hour 1 minute ago