- Mon, Feb 10, 2014 5:10 PM EST | Comments
Valentine's Day is almost here, which means single women everywhere are either scrolling through their contact lists to hook a date or stabbing Cupid in their dreams. This year I am also single, so I won't be celebrating Valentine's Day. Instead, I am celebrating my single status on Singles Awareness Day, also known as S.A.D. But there's nothing sad about my singlehood, or yours for that matter. S.A.D. is more of a humorous holiday, created to take the edge off of Valentine's Day for single folks. It is in fact on February 14th, just like Cupid's day. So, let us celebrate Singles Awareness Day. Put on a smile and get happy! Feel grateful that you're not with what's-his-face anymore or that you won't be disappointed by another less-than-stellar online date on Valentine's Day. And please, please, please don't do the following to celebrate Singles Awareness Day. - By Sujeiry Gonzalez
20 things ALL women do but hate to admit
13 tips for snagging a man (circa 1938)
25 things women will never understand about men
- Mon, Feb 10, 2014 3:35 PM EST | CommentsBy Laura Cross and Shayna Meliker
We're getting up close and personal with the canine competitors at the 2014 Westminster Dog Show! Check out our photo gallery to see Dalmatians, Keeshonds, Pugs, Corgis and many more of the breeds competing today at the Piers.
And make sure you follow along with our liveblog for even more pictures!
- Fri, Feb 7, 2014 4:48 PM EST | Commentsby Christa Lee
MAC Cosmetics and fashion have always gone hand in hand. And this season, they'll be supporting over 200 shows. But no matter how many times we go backstage, we never get sick of seeing (and digging through!) the makeup experts' "artistry kits", which are basically like the Holy Grail of makeup bags. But what exactly goes into packing these perfectly-prepped cases? MAC broke down the fascinating numbers for us:
Number of eyeliners ordered for artists' kits: 2,000
Number of lipsticks, Lipglasses, Lipmixes, Lip Erase and Conditioners ordered: 1,400
Number of eye pencils ordered: 1,250
Number of mascara wands and tubes ordered: 3,810
Number of false lashes ordered: 800
For more beauty products the senior artists at MAC can't live without during fashion week, click through the slideshow above!
- Mon, Feb 10, 2014 2:46 PM EST | CommentsBy Megan O'Neill
A smoky eye might seem an odd choice for spring, but at the Armani spring 2014 show, where it was shown in shimmery greens and gleaming violets, it looked fresh and incredibly feminine. The shadows were a new sort of pastel-intense, vibrant and full of glamour.
Influenced by Monet's watercolors-not to mention the efflorescent clothes-Giorgio Armani Beauty international makeup artist Linda Cantello made the bold look more delicate (and easier to do) by smoothing on the shadow with her fingers. "I applied the color underneath-like a reverse smoky eye-to make it softer and shy," she says.
Cantello blended the pigments with a touch of liquid highlighter to create creamier texture and finished with a light dusting on the upper lid-no mascara. Inspired, we've been experimenting with every sort of pastel, from Armani's chic, finely milled pale green to a chunky-sparkly wet/dry pink from Stila that could not be more fun to wear-truly, you might say, beyond the pale.
Click through above to shop the look!
- Mon, Feb 10, 2014 2:27 PM EST | CommentsAs I impatiently wait for this baby to get here, I am doing whatever I can to get my mind off of the fact that this is officially the longest that I've ever been pregnant. Thankfully, living in New York City, there is always something going on and an event to attend. Recently, I had the incredible opportunity to attend a party and sit down in a one-on-one interview with mom, model, and actress Molly Sims. Upon first meeting her, Sims was not only gorgeous but completely personable. She rubbed my nine-month baby belly and told me how excited she was for me and even dished that she's trying for baby number two! The mom of nearly 18-month-old son, Brooks, gave me all of the details on how she is loving motherhood and can't wait to become a mom again soon. She also dished out some of the baby products she cannot leave the house without! As a mom of two (nearly three!), her list of baby products was completely unpredictable, yet genius. -By Lauren Jimeson
MORE ON BABBLE
25 powerful photos of women giving birth
10 things you should take OFF your baby registry
7 things you should NEVER say to the mom of a newborn
- Mon, Feb 10, 2014 2:18 PM EST | CommentsThis Valentine's Day, fall in love with washi tape. This magical tape can be used to create banners for your parties, unique valentines for friends, and so much more. I've been having a ton of fun with it -- it's such a basic material, but it can make an eye-popping impact on your decor and invites. We even used it to make paper photo booth props to hand out as valentines to friends. Consider making all your own cards this year instead of heading straight to the store. Check out the ways people have used washi tape to add a handmade touch to their Valentine's Day. -Jacinda Boneau
MORE ON BABBLE
24 genius ways to decorate your home with a Sharpie
11 adorable recipes to surprise your kids on Valentine's Day
20 simple ways to show your kids you love them
- Fri, Jan 31, 2014 3:19 PM EST | CommentsWelcome to the wall workout: No-equipment moves that require only a wall. Tone your abs, butt, thighs, arms and more. See the moves done step-by-step in our video!
- Fri, Feb 7, 2014 2:46 PM EST | CommentsIkea may be synonymous with first-time apartment leases, college students, and bachelor pads worldwide, but it is entirely possible to find stylish pieces to last you past your 20s. The domino editors roundup their favorite Ikea finds that have even worked their way into some of our favorite designer's digs!
- Mon, Feb 10, 2014 10:51 AM EST | CommentsBy Bobby Schuessler, Refinery29
That Saint Valentine Hallmark sure knows how to stress us out. And, not just with the flood of sappy cards, heart-shaped treats, and pink-colored teddy bears. Rather, if your other half happens to be a dude, the gift pool tends to shrink significantly - really, those V-Day go-tos like roses and chocolates (despite their appropriate cheesiness) just won't cut it here. You have to step out of the box and be more creative than that. And, no, this does not mean a novelty tie or random tools.
RELATED: Your Boyfriend Is NOT Your Friend
So, to avoid a "What do I get him?" freak-out, we rounded up 30 fantastic gifts he will actually want and totally love. And, since it's probably best not to get your recent Tinder fling the same gift as your lover of 20 years, the presents ahead are categorized according to every type of romantic stage. Give any one of these to your S.O. (or pretty much any guy in your life), and we guarantee your relationship will last far past February 14. Go on, your killer men's gift ideas are just a click away - power drills not included.
And, if you're still on the hunt for more perfect presents, check out our other expert Valentine's Day gift guides. We're sharing our favorite picks for any kind of relationship and any kind of price point, including those adorable and affordable gifts anyone in your life will adore.
- Sun, Feb 9, 2014 10:02 PM EST | Comments