- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:17 AM EST | Comments
When is a toddler not a toddler anymore? That transition from toddlerhood to childhood can creep up fast, and you might be wondering whether you've graduated up to the next level. He still looks tiny, except … he doesn't. And she still needs you, except sometimes … she doesn't. Here are 7 ways I can tell we're past the toddler stage and in full-fledged KID mode. You too? -By Michelle Horton
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:12 AM EST | Comments
Thanksgiving is pretty much a holiday filled with gluten. Think about it: from the dinner rolls to the stuffing, almost every "traditional" dish has gluten in it. Some dishes that you think are safe, like the turkey, have hidden dangers. If you're hosting Thanksgiving with guests who eat gluten-free, or if you're newly gluten-free, these tips will help you have a healthy and stress-free holiday… at least as far as the meal is concerned!
Tell us how you get around gluten on Thanksgiving in comments!
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:05 AM EST | Comments
Chilly weather is officially upon us, which means it's time to break out one of my favorite fall staples: the sweater.
Sweaters are perfect for the fall and winter 9-to-5-they look professional while still feeling incredibly cozy and warm. The only challenge is that they can feel a little limiting. Once you've worn the same knit over and over again, you might feel the itch to add a little more variety to your look.
You're in luck! This week, I'm going to share four of my favorite ways to layer your go-to sweaters and add a little oomph to your fall and winter wardrobe.
This article was originally published on The Daily Muse. For more cold weather styling, check out:
- Layering for Winter (Without Looking Like a Snow-Woman)
- 15 Fall-to-Winter Coats for a Stylish Commute
- Let it Snow: The Cutest Cold-Weather Boots
Hailing from the Peach State, Hannah Baker is a recent transplant to NYC via DC and has worked in television and social media. An obsessive pinner, she loves decorating, finding the best eats (and drinks) in her new neighborhood, and entertaining her goofy dog, Leon. Follow Hannah on Twitter @hanfranbabebake and Pinterest at HFBAKER.
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:04 AM EST | CommentsMany of my pumpkin dessert recipes have a little secret -- most of them are made with squash! In fact, even your canned pumpkin may be harboring squash in the mix. Why the squash switcheroo? Well, for one thing, sugar pie pumpkins can be hard to track down. They show up at farmer's and specialty markets this time of year, but are hardly widely available. Winter squash, on the other hand, are easy to find, small and easy to work with, and impart great flavor to all kinds of fall desserts. Flavor-wise, I find kabocha squash to be closest to pumpkin, but I also enjoy the lighter flavor of butternut or the meatiness of a hubbard. If your interest has been piqued, head below for 7 favorite fall desserts featuring winter squash instead of pumpkin! - By Elizabeth Stark and Brian Campbell
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:03 AM EST | CommentsThanksgiving is right around the corner, so it's time to start getting your festive holiday table prepped. This is one of those holidays where I try to go all-out on the table decorations, as that seems where we are for most of the day, eating our way through all of the fixings! So I like to have the table set up with a beautiful centerpiece for all my guests to enjoy. I've gathered 7 festive and fabulous fall centerpieces perfect for Thanksgiving. Some are super simple, if you need to decorate in a flash. And some are very elaborate and elegant if you love to design. Have fun decorating your holiday table with these gorgeous Thanksgiving centerpieces!
-By Marie LeBaron
- Mon, Nov 18, 2013 4:06 PM EST | Commentsby Alison Syrett Cleary
It's so much harder to layer clothing at night than during the day-especially right now, smack in the middle of fall. Not just because the temperature drops when it's dark outside, but also because the ideal evening ensemble is supposed to be sleeker and dressier than any work or errand-running outfit. That's a hard look to achieve with several chunky sweaters and a parka.
But getting for dinner, drinks or a party this month doesn't have to be a Sophie's Choice between staying warm and looking good. To see you through late autumn's deep chill, I've pulled together five bundled-up outfits-each tailored to a different type of social event-that look amazing at night. Click through to see and shop my picks now.
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 10:47 AM EST | CommentsBy Carly Totten, Lover.ly
We love sequins! This little detail is versatile and instantly adds a touch of glam to any wedding detail. To work sequins into your wedding, you can pair your wedding dress with a sequined bolero, or slip on a pair of classic shoes complete with a sparkly heel. Another idea we love? Adding sequins to your cake table. While the cost to cover each of your wedding day tables in sequined linens will quickly add up, save money and draw all eyes to your dessert table instead. Need further convincing? These ideas and so many more are waiting for you in the sequined gallery right here.
More from Lover.ly:
More metallic looks to help you shine on your big day
Ideas for hosting a New Year's Eve wedding
See more glamorous wedding looks
- Mon, Nov 18, 2013 5:42 PM EST | CommentsBy Julie Gerstein, StyleCaster
Related Article: 10 Big Stars Whose Success Was Trumped By Their More-Famous Partner
Luckily, it appears that the rumor was just that - unfounded. But that got us thinking about some of the other celebrity couples we've come to regard as near-perfect, and whom we've come to depend on. Couples whose relationships have helped us believe that romance isn't totally dead. Which is why we've put together a list of twelve additional famous couples who aren't (ever!) allowed to break up.
Related Article: 101 Tips to Improve Your Relationship Right Now
Hopefully someone will get them that memo, okay?
- Mon, Nov 18, 2013 4:46 PM EST | Commentsby John Jannuzzi
I think by nature, motorcycle jackets are irreverent, so it's strange to think of what exactly makes one "traditional". They're usually black leather with a double zip, a little rough and tough around the edges and were originally meant to protect a biker's skin in case of a motorcycle mishap. Of course, the fashion crowd loves a leather jacket, which means the market is filled with endless variations. When she got married, Leandra Medine wore a custom white leather one by Rebecca Minkoff-so clearly, there's a moto for everyone and any occasion. If you already have your leather one, or aren't into leather, here are 20 takes on the classic silhouette with a little extra something. (Although I wouldn't recommend wearing the lace one on a bike.)
- Mon, Nov 18, 2013 2:54 PM EST | CommentsCopper is a hot trend this holiday season, and we have the decor that will perfectly top off your Thanksgiving dinner. With this warm, shining accent adorning your home, any room can turn into a holiday haven. There are plenty of affordable ways you can add a touch of copper to your Thanksgiving table or home this holiday season with these great finds.
-By Jacinda Boneau