- Wed, May 1, 2013 6:28 PM EDT | Commentsby Grace Gavilanes
Here's what we learned after talking to a smile-inducing group of bloggers, authors, and happiness experts (yes, that's their official title!) about how they get back up after a rough day.
More from Glamour:
10 Beauty Tricks That Make Guys Melt
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
Cringeworthy Fashion DON'Ts
10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List
- Wed, May 1, 2013 2:38 PM EDT | Comments
My wife is a wonderful mother, friend, and confidant. Over the years, I've witnessed her fix boo-boos, comfort crying babies, and make each child feel special. She is always attuned to the kids' needs and to mine. In addition, she is the go-to person when her family has a problem, a dedicated volunteer in our community, and a mentor to women and girls. I definitely hit the jackpot when I met her. She has inspired me to not only be a better father, but also a better human being. During our 15 year marriage, I've learned many things from my wife, but these have risen to the top as the most influential and the most valuable to me and to our marriage. Click through for the 7 most important things my wife taught me! -By Frederick J. Goodall
MORE ON BABBLE
17 lies all women tell their spouses
20 funny excuses women give to get out of sex
14 things you should NEVER say to a woman
- Wed, May 1, 2013 5:54 PM EDT | CommentsAdd some spring to your space with a few colorful accents! Get inspired with these room pics, featuring bold and soft shades of spring's hottest hues.
By Victoria Powers for TheNest.com
More from The Nest:
32 style solutions for your home
10 clutterbusters for your closet
23 tips for creating a room you love
30+ cool dining room ideas
- Wed, May 1, 2013 3:12 PM EDT | CommentsPlanning an upcoming party for your expecting friend? Make sure you check out this adorable Hot Air Balloon baby shower. When I saw it on Fabric Paper Glue, I knew I had to share it with you here. Mandy put together the sweetest celebration for her soon-to-be-mama friend. Everything was done with such detail - from the invites and decor to the gifts and food. You will love it! By Lacy Stroessner
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
15 best baby shower storybook themes
Get inspired! 20 creative baby shower themes
Throw a gender-neutral baby shower: 10 important tips
- Wed, May 1, 2013 2:36 PM EDT | CommentsWedding season is fast approaching, and if you're like 30% of Americans, you're going to need a bow tie for your dog because it would be totally embarrassing to bring your dog to a black tie affair and have him be under dressed. My dog is still upset about that time I forgot to pick up her tuxedo from the dry cleaners. SHE HAD TO GO NAKED, YOU GUYS. I'm mostly kidding. My dog DOES have a tuxedo. But it's totally washable. So do yourself a favor and get out ahead of the crowd on this one, okay? Don't let your pooch be the only one left out on the big day, or any day really, when all the other dogs are dressed to the canines. Click through for 7 dogs wearing bow-ties! -By Morgan Shanahan
MORE ON BABBLE
The 10 best grumpy cat memes
25 horrifying photos of stuff pets have ruined
10 dogs that are bigger than you!
- Wed, May 1, 2013 1:02 PM EDT | CommentsI struggled with turning 40 but got past it. Now, 45 feels like true middle age, and that's just damned weird. I mean, I have a little girl (my daughter will be seven in June), so how can I possibly be in middle age? Not to mention that I just FEEL the same as I always did. Right? ...Except you know what? That's not quite true. I feel better now about myself then I ever did. I know who I am, and with each day I feel less and less like I have to explain myself. I was curious about how other women over 40 felt, and got some great responses. If you're on the cusp of 40 and are worried - or here already, or even if 40 is far away - I think you'll find great joy in these words.
-By Cecily Kellogg
MORE ON BABBLE
20 things ALL women do but hate to admit
15 ways women are ruining their sex lives
The 10 CRAZIEST things women do to lose weight
- Wed, May 1, 2013 12:44 PM EDT | CommentsThe Kentucky Derby is coming up soon and I don't know about you, but this time of year always has me feeling inspired to don a big frilly hat and sip on a mint julep or two. There's something about the derby that is just so fascinating and there is absolutely no better excuse to channel your inner fashionista. You can go as big, as bold and as lady-like as you please! When dressing for your derby fete, think pretty floral prints, candy colored pastels, feminine pumps, wide-brimmed sunhats and fluffy fascinators. Click through for 7 fabulous derby fashion finds! - By Cyd Converse
MORE ON BABBLE
10 spring jewelry trends you shouldn't miss
10 fantastic spring blazers for any price point
What you should buy at Forever 21 RIGHT NOW
- Wed, May 1, 2013 11:21 AM EDT | CommentsBy Rachel Wilkerson, Lover.ly
When planning your wedding desserts, take a cue from the past and go for pretty pastel treats that look like they came straight out of a 1950s newlywed cookbook. Buttercream cakes, a sprinkling of coconut, sweet fruit pies, and vintage cake stands and serving ware help create this pretty look. Here are our favorite vintage desserts for your wedding.
More from Lover.ly:
Serve up a signature cocktail
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a dessert bar
Vintage bridal shower inspiration
- Wed, May 1, 2013 11:04 AM EDT | CommentsBy Rebecca Taras, Refinery29
Listen up: Just because beach weather is a few weeks away does not mean you have to go on a crazy crash diet. Instead, we suggest you take action with these expert-approved tips to get your body (and mind!) in tip-top shape - the healthy way. From inspirational eating ideas to quickie workout secrets, consider this the ultimate countdown-to-summer fitness cheat sheet. Follow this advice and swimsuit shopping will be a breeze.
RELATED: Why The 4-Minute Workout Could Work For You
Want even more R29? Get the latest news, tips, and can't-resist stories delivered straight to your newsfeed, in real time. Like us on Facebook - we'll see you there!
More from Refinery29:
6 Shortcuts For Killer Abs, Glutes, & Legs
5 Ways To Jumpstart Your Metabolism Now!
Could Facebook Be Causing You To Gain Weight?
- Wed, May 1, 2013 10:52 AM EDT | CommentsGot a budding space enthusiast on your hands? Score some major cool parenting points by throwing a space inspired birthday celebration of planetary proportions. Find everything an astronaut could possibly need in this gallery, and get ready for a trip to the stars. A successful mission is just a few clicks away!
-By Gabrielle Blair
MORE ON BABBLE
24 genius ways to decorate your home with sharpies
The 20 most outrageous kids' rooms... EVER
13 rooms inspired by classic Hollywood movies