- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 3:47 PM EST | CommentsI'm an insomniac. Whether this is by nature or because my baby won't let me sleep at night, I don't know. But I do know this, once I'm awake, I can't easily fall back to sleep, and so there's only one thing to do in the hours between 3 and 6 AM: online shopping. I've been known to make fantastic purchasing decisions in those early morning hours of total lucidity. Aside from tempting myself with buying things from Bigfoot footprint replicas to edamame-flavored Kit Kat bars, I get caught up on all the cute websites for baby goods. Here are 5 of my faves. - By Andrea Wada Davies
MORE ON BABYZONE
How savvy are you at shopping?
9 bargains for nurseries from thrift shops
Top favorite shops by moms on Etsy
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 3:57 PM EST | CommentsThere comes a time in every person's life when they're forced to pick a favorite Beatle. If you're young, and fresh as the morning dew, you pick Paul. If you're an angsty adolescent you choose John. If you're a 20-something hipster, you go with George. And if you watched the Grammys on Sunday night, you arrive at your final adult-life answer: Ringo.
The glue, the guy who stayed friends with everyone, who survived '70s hedonism and made vampire musicals with Harry Nilsson. He's the guy who's barely aged since 1965, who figured out how to go big ... and then go home to one woman.
After 33 years of marriage, Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach are just as nuzzle-y and glowing with affection as they were the day they met — playing sexy Neanderthals in a movie that time forgot. So what's their secret to that seemingly elusive happy rock star marriage? It's a mystery. To quote Ringo's '70s hit song, "all I've got are the photographs" and they're amazing.
—Piper Weiss, Shine Staff
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 2:52 PM EST | Commentsby Alison Syrett Cleary
My first episode of Valentine's Day anxiety was in the sixth grade. Having just made the move from elementary to middle school, I expected to celebrate the holiday with an inclusive stay-at-home-mom-hosted party similar to those of my K-through-five years. Instead, rather than the afternoon of lukewarm soda and Funfetti cake I'd hoped for, student council hosted a carnation sale. While billed as a fundraiser, everyone knew it was a popularity contest with very high stakes. Flowers cost $1 each, and were delivered during the last class period of February 14-if nobody loved you, everyone saw. Terrified of public humiliation, I spent the days leading up to the carnation swap wondering if I should secretly order some for myself (hey, it worked for Cher Horowitz!) just in case no one else did.
Thanks to my loyal group of friends, I pulled through with a respectable bouquet, only to learn that V-Day gifting stress never really ends. Because even if you have a special someone or are in a relationship, there's the whole matter of finding the perfect caring-but-not-cheesy, available-but-not-needy, romantic-but-not-clichéd present for the person you love/like/are-hoping-to-get-lucky-with-later-that-night. And frankly, carnations don't cut it for couples over 13 years of age.
Above, I've included some ideas that have been tested and approved by either me or people I trust. Click through to get shopping now, while you still have time-you do don't want to be that person rushing bum-rushing Hallmark on February 13, do you?
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 2:39 PM EST | CommentsThere are quite a few rare and not readily known dog breeds. Some are not fully recognized by the AKC, while others are. My favorite among the rare breeds is the Swedish Vallhund, because it looks a lot like a rogue corgi! With names like the Xoloitzcuintli and Kooikerhondje, these breeds often seem quite exotic, but many have roots similar to the common breeds that you see today. Don't ask me how to pronounce some of the names, because I don't know! Here are 7 of my favorite rare dog breeds. -By Carleen Coulter
MORE ON BABBLE
The 10 best big dog breeds for families
25 horrifying photos of things pets have ruined
10 signs that you should definitely NOT own a dog
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 1:22 PM EST | CommentsFloral, prop and interiors stylist Christina Wressel gave her lackluster urban apartment the feeling of a chic chalet. She tips us off to her favorite tricks and accessories for warming up any home.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 1:56 PM EST | Commentsby Maura Brannigan
While Zooey Deschanel got her big screen start as a sassy, bangs-less teen in Almost Famous, it wasn't really until she nabbed her starring role on the hit TV show "New Girl" that we were really able to get a glimpse of her off-the-red carpet personal style. In Zooey's endearing and quirky role as elementary school teacher, Jessica Day, we get now get a weekly dose of the 34-year-old's signature dresses, skirts and femme prints.
This spring, Tommy Hilfiger is bringing this doe-eyed style to Macy's via a capsule collection of 16 flirty dresses, all of which perfectly represent Zooey's girlish, off-duty style. This close collaboration, as Tommy told WWD, is focused on "what she likes and what she doesn't like, the kind of fabrics and what kind of colors. We really see eye to eye on a lot of what she loves"-which, perhaps, justifies the love note-y name of the line, "To Tommy, From Zooey."
"I am a fashion fanatic, and I am always looking for new ways to incorporate vintage, feminine pieces into my own wardrobe," Zooey said. "Tommy and I share many of the same inspirations-old-school music, classic films and old Hollywood icons-and his guidance during the design process helped to put a really unique twist on each piece."
The line will be priced between $98 and $199, and the 16 styles will launch at 200 Macy's stores on April 14. Click through above now to peep the first looks from the To Tommy, From Zooey capsule collection.
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 5:22 PM EST | Commentsby Lucky Staffers
If you've got a some leftover holiday bonus/gift from Grandma/Friday paycheck money just waiting to be spent, now's a prime time for it. The internet is bursting with an overwhelming amount of sales right now; more, in fact, than one person can possibility shop. To save you needless hours of digging, we've gather the seven best digital promotions out there right now in the slideshow above-click through for the good stuff.
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 1:31 PM EST | CommentsLee Press-On Nails, those '80s staples once considered tacky, are finally getting the last laugh. In this world of increasingly elaborate nail art, two NYU art students — Dhemere Ford and Sarah C. Awad, jointly known as The Laser Girls — recently produced what might be the worlds coolest press-on nails. "It seemed like every aspect of fashion was being 3D printed," 22-year-old Ford tells Yahoo Shine. "Everything except nails; as fashion lovers we began noticing nail art's growing importance on the runway," Ford tells Yahoo Shine. How about, beyond the runway? Celebrities from superstars like Beyonce, Adele, Rihanna, Katy Perry are chunking up their fingers and regularly sporting sculptural, incredibly faux talons, while Etsy has become a global marketplace for stick-on 3-D nail art, ranging from the almost-edible to the hardcore gothic, and everything in between. Check out some of the wildest looks on the red carpet and up for grabs. — Charlotte Rudge, Shine Beauty Writer
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 11:54 AM EST | CommentsAfter six years and three babies, here are ten of my very favorite products for babies. From blankets to baskets to baby dolls, these tried-and-true picks stand the test of time!
-By Kelle Hampton
- Mon, Jan 27, 2014 12:07 PM EST | Comments
On January 26th, millions of ABC viewers tuned in to watch Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici make it official in The Bachelor's first-ever live TV wedding. After rooting for them on the 17th season of the show, we couldn't wait to see what this fun-loving pair had in store.
The result: "an epic fairy tale, for all the world to see," as the groom's dad so aptly phrased it during the ceremony! Check out these exclusive snapshots.
More from Bridal Guide:
Our Predictions: Biggest Celebrity Weddings of 2014
40 Winter Wedding Gowns You'll Love
Avoid the 7 Deadly Bridal Sins
How to "Propose" to Your Bridesmaids
What You Need to Know About Wedding-Night Sex
By Kristen Klein and Stefania Sainato
- Healthy Living - 17 hours ago
- Pets - 20 hours ago
- Pets - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 8:13 AM EST
- At Home - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:27 PM EST
- Healthy Living - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:51 PM EST