- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 2:19 PM EST | Comments
By: Brit + Co.
There's no turning back now -- the holidays are here! And with the holidays come parties, gifts, cards, and more. So, let us make some of your holiday planning easier by sharing 20 of our favorite festive holiday printables from all over the web. Oh, and you might want to stock up on some card stock (pun intended, obviously!) before you read through this article.
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 12:14 PM EST | CommentsBy Kelly Bourdet, Refinery29
The holidays are a time when we all go into overdrive (many kinds of overdrive). We're busy eating, drinking, gift giving, traveling - and we've still got to work, workout, and eat well on top of it. What's a busy lady on-the-go to do? We sat down with the always-upfront Tracy Anderson to get some straightforward dos and don'ts to keep your holiday season running smoothly.
Ahead, the healthy way to entertain, why you should let yourself eat what you want at parties, and exactly how Tracy feels about all those trendy juice cleanses.
More from Refinery29:
Could This Household Item Save You From Cancer?
How To Spring Clean Your Body - Inside And Out
Real-Life Beauty Scare: One Girl's Brush With Skin Cancer
5 Ways To Jumpstart Your Metabolism Now!
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 4:27 PM EST | CommentsFor that lag time after your guests descend for the Thanksgiving meal, domino magazine and Andrea Reusing, chef-owner of North Carolina's Lantern, team up to modernize classic American cocktails.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Thu, Nov 28, 2013 8:48 AM EST | Comments
While I think it is important for us to come from a place of gratitude throughout the year, I am thankful for a month in which the desire to do so becomes more prevalent. I love looking through my Twitter and Instagram feed and Facebook timelines and reading reasons why people are thankful. And I love the idea of vocally expressing our thanks and especially giving them (thanks). What I am most grateful for this time of year is the power that lies in the 30 days in which so many of us express our gratitude. As we continue into this season of thanks, I wanted to share some ways that we can show our spouses gratitude. Click through for 7 sweet and simple ways to show your spouse gratitude! -By Krishann Briscoe
MORE ON BABBLE
5 tips for navigating the holidays with your spouse
7 surprising ways to win an argument with your spouse
Why sadness is essential to a happy relationship
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 2:19 PM EST | CommentsWe've all experienced it at one time or another: the inevitable post-Thanksgiving food baby. I for one have tried to binge eat a little less when it comes to the holidays, but let's be real: it's pretty hard to moderate myself when there are blue cheese mashed potatoes and chocolate bread pudding around. I've made the mistake of wearing impractical clothing to Thanksgiving dinner on more than one occasion (think skinny jeans, shirts with buttons and zip-up dresses, none of which offer any give for that post-meal belly bulge), but over time I have learned from my mistakes and realized that there are plenty of ways to get dressed for Thanksgiving in a way that is both comfortable and chic. Thankfully, there are plenty of styles available right now that can achieve this and I've compiled a round-up. Most of these pieces toe the line between casual and dressy so that they can be easily dressed up or down depending on the nature of your particular Thanksgiving celebration style. - By Lauren Hartmann
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 1:42 PM EST | CommentsThere's no room for excuses with this space-saving, no-equipment workout. Gossip Girl star Kaylee DeFer tests our 8 easy moves in her not-so-spacious New York City hotel.
by SELF Staffers
"Exercise makes me feel better inside and out, but it's hard to fit in," DeFer says. "These moves make it easier because you don't need a gym membership or a lot of space to do them!"
THE EXPERT Trainer Jay Cardiello created this tight-space tone-up for his celebrity clients. He calls it Cardio Core 4x4 because it's designed to be done in a 4-foot-by-4-foot area like a tour bus, dressing room or trailer. For you, that might mean a clutter-free corner of the living room.
YOU'LL NEED Nada! Each move uses the weight of your body to create resistance, sculpting sexy definition without equipment.
YOUR PLAN Perform the indicated reps (or time) for each move three times per week on alternate days. Add 30 minutes of cardio (walk, run--you decide) most days to fast-track firming.
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 12:56 PM EST | CommentsI'm pretty good most of the time about providing my family with a variety of nutritious foods (even though I admittedly fall off the cooking wagon sometimes). But what about the quality of the foods or the hidden ingredients I don't always think of looking for because I'm so used to just grabbing certain things off the shelves? According to Fox News, Americans are eating a ton of the foods we shouldn't be, like farmed salmon and artificial food dyes. Not because they're high in sugar or salt or because they don't have enough vitamins, but because they're literally banned in other countries. It's nearly impossible to scrutinize every label with a toddler screaming for more pineapple samples or that he's "stuck stuck stuck" in the cart. I took a look around my kitchen and dug out some shockers I'm ashamed to admit I found.
-By Heather Neal
- Fri, Nov 15, 2013 2:17 PM EST | Commentsby Elana Fishman
There are brunettes, there are blondes, there are redheads-and then there are those select women who sport grey hair with such stylish ease that it's hard not to envy them. Contrary to popular opinion, silvery strands aren't (and shouldn't be!) reserved for ladies of a certain age; in fact, some of our favorite under-30 singers, style stars and TV personalities have taken the pale hue for a spin, too. On the more traditional side of the spectrum, of course, many an award-winning actress and veteran supermodel has chosen to put down the dye and embrace her grey with absolute grace.
Click through above to check out some of our favorite grey-haired stars. From Daphne Guinness to Linda Fargo to Lady Gaga, these women prove that sometimes, silver comes in first place.
- Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:48 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
It's the season to get dressed up to eat, drink and pose for pictures. In addition to the perfect party dress, it's also important to make sure you've got a long-wearing lipstick at the ready-one that you can rely on to stay fresh and vibrant through an entire Thanksgiving dinner or a night of dancing. This way, you'll spend less time in the bathroom touching up and more time revelling with family and friends.
Click through for six tried-and-true lipstick brands that you can count on to stay put-no matter what.
- Wed, Nov 13, 2013 1:39 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
Yes, the holidays are a time for giving. But the season also happens to be the best time to stock up on beauty products for yourself. See, beauty products-especially those from prestige brands-are rarely on sale. However, now that holiday gift sets have hit shelves, you can finally score some good deals.
Take the 12 sets above, for example. Each contains a variety of popular products in generous sizes and as a bonus, often includes cute makeup cases and tools. They allow you to try products that you may not have considered otherwise, and many of them will last you until the next holiday season. When you do the math, it's clear that you're getting much more than what you paid for. Click through above to shop!
- Shine Food - 5 hours ago
- Fashion - 5 hours ago
- The Good News - 5 hours ago
- Healthy Living - 6 hours ago
- Pets - 6 hours ago