- Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:48 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
It's the season to get dressed up to eat, drink and pose for pictures. In addition to the perfect party dress, it's also important to make sure you've got a long-wearing lipstick at the ready-one that you can rely on to stay fresh and vibrant through an entire Thanksgiving dinner or a night of dancing. This way, you'll spend less time in the bathroom touching up and more time revelling with family and friends.
Click through for six tried-and-true lipstick brands that you can count on to stay put-no matter what.
- Wed, Nov 13, 2013 1:39 PM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
Yes, the holidays are a time for giving. But the season also happens to be the best time to stock up on beauty products for yourself. See, beauty products-especially those from prestige brands-are rarely on sale. However, now that holiday gift sets have hit shelves, you can finally score some good deals.
Take the 12 sets above, for example. Each contains a variety of popular products in generous sizes and as a bonus, often includes cute makeup cases and tools. They allow you to try products that you may not have considered otherwise, and many of them will last you until the next holiday season. When you do the math, it's clear that you're getting much more than what you paid for. Click through above to shop!
- Wed, Dec 4, 2013 11:56 AM EST | CommentsAs parents, it doesn't take much to "wow" our children and create a memory that can last forever. The holidays are a wonderful time to instill family values, evoke childhood wonder and write cherished stories in your family books. Create some more magic this season by adding one of these fun family traditions to your holiday. -By Kelle Hampton
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 11:04 AM EST | CommentsWhether you're shopping for the friend who has everything, or just want to come up with a special surprise, these genius gift ideas will be a hit with even the most impossible-to-shop-for giftees on your list!
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 12:19 PM EST | CommentsFor a national holiday that encourages to take stock of our blessings, Thanksgiving can be fairly stressful…especially for parents. All the preparations and cooking and a more formal mealtime are not exactly kid-friendly. But gratitude isn't just for adults, and neither should Thanksgiving be an adult-only activity. That's why I like to get the kids involved as much as possible. Here are a few of the ways we suggest doing it, from helping prepare the table to giving a hand in the kitchen. - By Kristen Howerton
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 9:48 AM EST | CommentsThe right fragrance will make you feel prettier, sexier, generally more fabulous--we know, because we spent weeks spritzing on dozens of new scents, narrowing the field. The stellar six you see here made us and the people we hang out with very happy. Whether you're looking for a gift or to spoil yourself (excellent idea), discover your exact match.
- Wed, Nov 27, 2013 12:50 PM EST | Comments
You know not to show up empty-handed, but that doesn't mean you have to bring the standard bottle of wine. Here are a dozen ways to show your thanks.
More from House Beautiful:
- Fri, Nov 29, 2013 8:54 AM EST | Comments
Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year, and there's simply no better way to count down the magic of the holiday than with a cheerful advent calendar! You may not know that the first advent calendars were printed in Germany in the early 20th century or that they gained in popularity after World War II, but you do know just how special advent calendars can make the Christmas countdown for kids and grownups alike! Whether you love the idea of creating your own DIY advent calendar, or are simply looking for the perfect one to buy, adorable advent calendars are a holiday tradition your whole family can enjoy year after year. -By Lori Garcia
- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 12:18 PM EST | CommentsI'll be the first to admit, DIY is not my biggest talent. I love to see what other crafty people are up to (and I wish some of it would rub off on me!!) but no such luck yet. This extends to arts and crafts with the girls, too. Beyond coloring with markers and making snowmen with play doh, I'm often left searching Pinterest for fun activities, especially now that my firstborn is a little bit older. On that note, I had a blast checking out Soleil Moon Frye's new book, Let's Get This Party Started. Here is some no-fail fun from the book that seriously makes me want to step up my crafting game.
- By Ellen Schmidt
- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 12:32 PM EST | CommentsBy Marissa Rosenblum, Refinery29
Just when you thought you'd have to spend a lot of money to get a decent pair of boots this winter, we're tromping on over in our newly found, thrillingly cheap pair of stompers to prove you wrong. Of course, we'd never argue that these $1,200, hand-crafted, colorblocked Pierre Hardy booties aren't a gorgeous, splurge-worthy purchase, but there's always more than enough room in our closets to add some killer under-$100 buys as well.
So, set in our mission to seek out the best budget-friendly options for you, we spent hours searching high - but mostly low - and put together not 10, not 20, but 33 pairs of buy-me-right-now boots. Shop fast, and you may just have a brand-new set of guilt-free tappers you can show off at every holiday shindig.
More from Refinery29:
22 Under-$50 Jewels To Amp Up Your Wardrobe
How To Dress For YOUR Body Type! 15 Must-Know Tricks
24 Amazingly Affordable Shoes - All Under $100
12 Under-$50 Dresses To Show Off Your Legs This Fall
- Daily Shot - 7 minutes ago
- Beauty - 12 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 14 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 20 minutes ago
- Fashion - 27 minutes ago