- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 4:52 PM EST | CommentsAre your home's interiors looking a little drab? Shake things up with one of these unexpected -- but oh-so-chic -- color palettes.
-By Brian Patrick Flynn for HGTV.com
MORE FROM HGTV FAMILY OF SITES
Who Else Wants to Win HGTV's Dream Home?
17 Delicious Soups to Eat All Winter Long
Hello, Lover: Store Your Shoes Like Carrie Bradshaw
10 Clever Ways to Keep Your Kitchen Organized
These Wedding Trends Will Be HUGE in 2014
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 4:28 PM EST | CommentsA lady never divulges her age, but let's just say that I remember almost all of these cultural moments that happened twenty, yes TWENTY, years ago. Here's the thing, if something happened 17 years, 18 years or 19 years ago, then it really doesn't seem that long ago. But once it hits that 20-year mark and you remember it, that is when it hits you … you are OLD. Let's flashback to 1994, the year that had a whole bunch of big, huge and monumental moments. From bizarre marriages to favorite movies being released to shocking celebrity deaths, check out these 20 things that happened 20 years ago. Which ones do you remember most? -By: Sunny Chanel
- Tue, Jan 14, 2014 12:10 PM EST | CommentsParenting is like having PTSD. I look at my daughter and son and have flashbacks to my past and all those maxims and sayings that I thought I had forgotten have come flooding back. I find myself frequently telling my 2-year-old things my parents told me.: "If you pick it, it won't heal," "If you're bored, you can clean the house," and "Your face will stick like that." Parents have a knack for combining wisdom into pithy statements. Here are some parent catchphrases from my friends and family that you can use with your own kids. -By Lyz Lenz
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 3:03 PM EST | CommentsNick Remsen
Another weekend, another red carpet: The Grammy Awards arrive on Sunday, January 26, and by all accounts, the ceremony promises to be a memorable one (Jay Z and Beyoncé performing together is going to make the Twittersphere explode). Here, in advance of the program, we look back on some of the best, brightest, and most buzz-worthy outfits the Grammys have provided over the years (and yes, Jennifer Lopez's jaw-dropping Versace caftan is absolutely included).
More from Vogue:
Best Met Gala Looks of All Time
100 Under $100: Fall Fashion Guide
Michelle Obama's Best-Dressed Moments
10 Best Beauty Looks for All Ages
What The 2014 Oscar Nominees Should Wear on the Red Carpet
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 2:40 PM EST | Commentsby Christa Lee
If you pick up our February issue (hint, hint!), you'll find all the expert tips you need to maintain a new dye job-and as it turns out, it's easier than you might think. Once you're fully armed with tons of pro tricks on how to take care of your color, you can commit to taking the plunge. Whether you're looking for a style that's slightly darker or lighter than your current shade or seeking a complete transformation, you'll find tons of inspiration right here. Kicking off our hair color series are these blonde bombshells: From platinum to honey blonde, click through the gallery above to find the perfect hue for you.
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 11:13 AM EST | Commentsby Christa Lee
Figure skater Gracie Gold is in it to win it at this year's Olympics-but when it comes to her gorgeous beauty look, she's already a star. Obviously working out on the ice for a zillion hours and keeping healthy is part of her secret to looking great, but as it turns out, she loves experimenting with her hair and makeup too. We chatted with the 18-year-old CoverGirl ambassador about the key items she uses to keep herself looking amazing on-and off-the ice. Click through to shop her favorites!
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 1:26 PM EST | CommentsThere are always things that a professional does better than an amateur. A professional singer will always sound better than I do, a race car driver will have better control of their automobile than I will, and while I'd love to think that I'm pretty good with cosmetics, a makeup artist will have better application techniques than I do. While the first two aren't obvious in every day life, I admit that I always wonder what makeup artists and hair stylists think when they're out and about in public. Do they think I should apply my eyeliner differently? Am I wearing the wrong shade of blush? I asked makeup artists for what they think are the biggest makeup mistakes they see out in public. I also got some great advice for fixing those mistakes! Did you know there are eye shadow brushes just for blending or that there are websites that will help you get a great foundation match? -By Christine Mikesell
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 11:25 AM EST | Commentsdomino magazine brings you the most fashionable rooms we've seen this week. Rooms by Michelle Sanders, Billy Cotton, and Will Meyer top our list.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 12:26 PM EST | CommentsJust about every new parent knows to be on the lookout for those big, well-known milestone moments in their baby's first six months, but there are many less obvious moments that parents often overlook. These moments may not have pre-made pages in the baby books, but they're just as precious. Here are five unexpectedly amazing moments to cherish in your baby's first six months. - By Mike Spohr
- Fri, Jan 24, 2014 12:20 PM EST | CommentsAdults restaging old childhood photos has officially become a trendy gift for kids to give to their parents (evidenced here, here, and plenty of other places). While it may no longer be an original idea, the reproductions of the Luxton brothers of Cheltenham, England, stand out for being creepy, creative, and cool at the same time. Joe, a 27-year-old graphic designer, and Rich, 24, a freelance filmmaker, made their mother a calendar as a Christmas gift last month, finishing the project at the 11th hour, and pulled off an awesome present that their mother "absolutely loved." The rub, of course, is that they may have some trouble coming up with a gift this Christmas that'll live up to last year's. "We're not sure we'll be able to top it next year," the brothers told Yahoo Shine via email. "Maybe we'll just get her a scarf." You don't have to be related to these guys to appreciate their entertaining pics. Take a look at 10 of them here. — Lauren Tuck, Shine Staff
- Pets - 18 hours ago
- At Home - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:27 PM EST
- Healthy Living - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:51 PM EST
- Healthy Living - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:45 PM EST
- Healthy Living - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:33 PM EST