- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 4:17 PM EST | CommentsForget a pet-friendly party - this one is completely pet-focused! Pamper your favorite dogs this holiday season with a party guaranteed to make their tails wag.
-By Manvi Drona-Hidalgo, for HGTV.com
MORE FROM HGTV FAMILY OF SITES
Are These the Most Controversial Design Trends Ever?
Editor's Pick: 15 Cozy Cabin Designs We Love
Go Inside Katy Perry's Pricey Los Angeles Home
Deck the Garden: Amazing Outdoor Holiday Decorating Ideas
20 Unusual But Beautiful Upcycled Bathroom Vanities
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 11:00 AM EST | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
From festive scents to gorgeous packaging, beauty brands really pull out all the stops during the holiday season. This year, some brands even went so far as to make their best-selling products into functional ornaments-and we're pretty psyched about it. Not only do these trinkets make perfect stocking stuffers, but they also make great hostess gifts, party favors and decorations for your own tree.
Click through above to shop 11 makeup- and skincare-filled ornaments from brands like Fresh, Topshop, Ciaté and more!
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 5:09 PM EST | Comments
We're entering the time of year when simple gals like me get a little giddy about metallics. A sparkly metallic party dress might wait in my closet all year for it's time to shine at holiday parties. If you're still shy about wearing metallics, even during the silver and gold holiday season, I would try out a more classic styled dress accented with metallic sheen, rather than a tight body con metallic dress that will accentuate every curve (wanted or unwanted)! They're really a lot of fun to wear, and make you feel extra festive! I've rounded up 7 of my favorite metallic party dresses for 2013, which don't need to sit in your closet all year until the holidays. These dresses are great for parties or nights out any time of the year!
MORE ON BABBLE
25 common fashion mistakes and how to avoid them
16 ways to add leopard print to your look
17 ways to make your boyfriend jeans more feminine
- Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:49 AM EST | Comments
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 3:36 PM EST | Comments
When I was a child, my mother had several holiday decor themes for our home. One was a Christmas tree with only birds on it. Another was cats, to match our cat loving household. So, I have always liked the idea of using an animal theme in the holiday decor. Doing so makes everything more personal and meaningful to me. Fortunately for the pet lover, it also is not terribly difficult. Incorporating pets into your home holiday decor can be as simple as hanging stockings for your pets, or as comprehensive as decorating entire trees based on an animal theme. In my home, my corgis have their own stockings. We also have some specific corgi-themed Christmas items and photos of our pets taken with Santa to display. As the years go by, it seems like I focus more and more on the corgi theme. Here are 8 pet-themed holiday ideas to get you started. Use these as inspiration for your own pet-themed holiday decor. -By Carleen Coulter
MORE ON BABBLE
25 awkward family photos with pets
20 reasons why everyone should own a cat
The 10 best small dog breeds for families
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 2:35 PM EST | Commentsby Alison Syrett Cleary
Can you believe it was only about 15 years ago that engagement ring shopping meant a time-consuming slog from jewelry boutique to jewelry boutique? Thank goodness for the internet; nowadays, it's easy to do all that legwork online.
But if you're really seeking the kind of convenience that the engaged couples of yore never had, skip the Google search and just check out the slideshow above. In it, I've included a diverse mix of both classic and nontraditional engagement rings running from under $1,000 to over $15,000, so you're sure to find something you love at a doable price. Click through to fully enjoy the benefits of getting married in the 21st century.
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 1:38 PM EST | CommentsBread puddings are great holiday desserts. They're free form, in a way, so you can tinker with the flavor and ingredients once you get the proportions correct. For example, a plain bread pudding can be flavored with citrus zest for holiday flair. Or, you can stir in chocolate chips or dried fruit for added texture. There is no limit to what you can make! Bread pudding is great for entertaining because you can serve it up on a trivet and let people scoop up as much as they want. Along with a cup of eggnog or glass of wine, it is the perfect dessert!
-By Kelsey Banfield
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:59 PM EST | CommentsOne of my favorite things about Christmas has always been the gifts. Hold on, hear me out - I'm not materialistic! Not completely. I like the new gifts because with all the new toys, art supplies, books and more, it's like you have a whole new home. Suddenly your boring home has become a place you are excited to explore and play in. Does that make sense? It's a magical time, especially for the kids, but it can be heaven on earth for the parents too! Here are the best holiday gifts for kids to use at home from IKEA this year. They are guaranteed to turn your home into a brand new, fun place for your little ones. There's nothing like gifts during the holidays. - By Melanie Blodgett
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:45 PM EST | CommentsI love Etsy. If you aren't familiar with the website, it's an online community of "shops" run by individual craftspeople. Etsy offers a wide variety of handmade treasures as well as vintage finds and craft supplies. This time of year, I find it especially nice to give handmade gifts. They are more unique and it's nice to support an individual as opposed to a corporation. I did the research and found some terrific and highly rated beauty and skincare products for everyone on your holiday list. Click through the slideshow for 8 gorgeous handmade holiday gifts and stocking stuffers found on Etsy. - By Sonya Lee Benham
- Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:16 PM EST | Comments
The other weekend my husband and I met up with some friends for dinner and a movie. For as long as I've known him and his friends, double dates were always their thing. Years later nothing has changed, with the exception of the fact that they are harder to plan now that almost everyone has children. Although I love having one-on-one time with my guy, getting together with other couples is always a lot of fun. It is a chance to reconnect with friends, engage in adult conversations, and have fun. Being around other couples can also be uplifting. There is something wonderful about surrounding yourself with people who value marriage and commitment just as you do. And during bathroom conversations with other wives you get a chance to be reminded that the challenges that you face are not exclusive to just you and your spouse. Nope, your husband isn't the only husband who thinks you baby the kids too much. Click through for 7 great ideas for your next group date night! -By Krishann Briscoe
MORE ON BABBLE
How to survive the 7 stages of marriage
15 ways women are ruining their sex lives
7 of the creepiest things men have said on dates
- Pets - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 22 hours ago
- At Home - 22 hours ago
- At Home - 22 hours ago
- Healthy Living - Sat, Dec 7, 2013 9:08 AM EST