- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:09 PM EST | CommentsThe heart of Thanksgiving lies in family and home--but also the numerous small moments of the day. Break out your camera, and capture how your story unfolds on this favorite holiday. - By Kelle Hampton
MORE ON BABYZONE
How to survive turkey day
Fun thanksgiving projects for kids
Adorable outfits for baby's first Thanksgiving
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:47 AM EST | CommentsBy Megan McIntyre, Refinery29
There's a lot of different ways one can choose to spend a frigid winter day: sipping cocoa, curled under a blanket binge-watching Scandal, staring off into space and thinking that you really should go and do laundry. Standing around with supermodels dressed in their skivvies is not usually something on said list, and yet, that's exactly how we spent our afternoon.
RELATED: Supermodel Secrets: A VS Angel Dishes On Her Sexy V-Day Tips
That's because today was the taping of Victoria's Secret's annual Fashion Show, where models like Karlie Kloss, Hilary Rhoda, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Jourdan Dunn strut their stuff in fantastical lingerie and work-of-art wings.
RELATED: Backstage All-Stars: The Beauty Products The Pros Can't Live Without
We battled our way through the tundra-like temps, and past an army of PR girls and a police dog decked out in a hot-pink VS handkerchief to get you guys the inside peek at the primping circus that is backstage. The show won't air on CBS until December 4 at 10 p.m., but click through the slideshow to see the Angels in their pink-robed finest. Plus, get the first look at that bedazzled Royal Fantasy bra.
More from Refinery29:
Plus-Size Model Robyn Lawley Debuts a Swim Collection
Why Is There Such A Debate About Plus-Size Mannequins?
5 Ways To Jumpstart Your Metabolism Now!
Could Facebook Be Causing You To Gain Weight?
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:39 AM EST | Comments
It was half-naked supermodels, voluminous hair, and smoky eyes as usual backstage at the Victoria's Secret fashion show. We snapped photos and learned some beauty secrets from the gorgeous angels.
More from Real Beauty:
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:34 AM EST | CommentsBy Gina Marinelli & Ellen Hoffman, Refinery29
'Tis the season - for parties, cocktails, and endless occasions to whip out those flirty little frocks. From your office's annual holiday bash to festive dinner parties to sequin-filled soirées (let's not forget date night!), these affairs provide us with a million and one reasons that justify the gifts we give ourselves. After all, we deem our most flattering dresses to be vital investment pieces, because a perfect fit goes a long, long way.
Breaking down the most common body types, we've sourced 30 gorgeous dresses - featuring 10 different silhouettes - that'll complement every woman's shape. So, whether you're a pear, a carrot, an apple, or a figure that's not fruit-related, we've got plenty of pretty little things (along with clever styling advice) to help you nail each look. So, go ahead, and be a little indulgent when it comes to you.More From Refinery29:
11 Super-Flattering Under $100 Dresses
8 Fall Boots Under $150 That Look Super Expensive
70 Denim Outfits To Try NOW
10 Fall Accessory Trends To Know
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:13 AM EST | CommentsBy Nicole Catanese, Refinery29
It's official: Holiday snacking is upon us. And, it's not avoidable (or so it seems). But, not all snacks are created equal - and if you think of them as tiny meals, they can actually do your body (and waist) good.
RELATED: Is Soy Really That Bad For You? Here Are The Facts
"I'm forever snacking," says former chef Amanda Chantal Bacon, owner of Moon Juice in Venice and Silver Lake, California. "Really, who wants to be stuffed anymore? That's only fun if you can commit the time, like a holiday. Otherwise, three full meals a day? Who can keep up with that?" Our sentiments exactly! Here, we've compiled amazingly healthy versions of your favorite treats.
More from Refinery29:
Foods That Are So Processed, They're Not Even Real Food
Everything You Need to Know About the Juice Cleansing Craze
5 Health Foods That Aren't So Healthy
Could Facebook Be Causing You To Gain Weight?
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:07 AM EST | CommentsJust because the temperatures are cooling and gardens are being put to bed doesn't mean there are no more superfoods to be had. There are still plenty of delicious foods out there with loads of health benefits that should be eaten. In fact, with all of your familiar favorites out of season this might be the perfect time to try something new. Root vegetables like turnips, for example, are full of Vitamin C and are delicious when included to vegetable mashes and soups. In fact, there are a whole host of fruits and vegetables you might not expect to be palatable but are perfect for eating right now! Here are a few of our favorite superfood dishes for fall. Be sure to give them all a try the next time you have a chance! - By Kelsey Banfield
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:03 AM EST | Comments
Holiday parties and festive get-togethers only mean one thing: pictures, pictures, and more pictures! Did you know that a smile is the most beautiful and powerful accessory you can wear? A gleaming smile can brighten up your face and light up a room! Start prepping your pearly whites now so they can be in tip-top shape for the holidays! There are tons of great products on the market right now, but I had heard of one natural whitening tool that sounded too strange to actually work -- a banana peel! Apparently, rubbing a peel on your teeth can result in a whiter, bright smile. But does this method actually work? My sister and I set out to put this claim to the ultimate test. Check out what we found. -By Missy
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 10:54 AM EST | Comments
Several years ago, I used to ask my friend Lindsay to pre-watch episodes of Grey's Anatomy before me. If I knew in advance that a storyline was going to feature Meredith's mother or Richard's wife, I needed to know just how intense the plot was going to get. This advance knowledge was essential to me, because I spent nearly seven years as the primary caregiver for my grandmother who battled Alzheimer's disease. Storylines featuring characters with Alzheimer's or dementia, if done well, can turn me inside out. However, I am so thankful to the writers of Hollywood for bringing these characters to life. November is National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month. Today, more than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's. It is only fitting that our TV shows and movies are starting to reflect this reality. -By Dresden Shumaker
- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 10:52 AM EST | Comments
As someone who has -- what I consider -- a pretty cool and unusual name, you'd think that I'd be drawn to other cool and unusual names. And I am. While I couldn't stand my name growing up in a sea of Jennifers, Jessicas, Tiffanys, and Stephanies, I finally learned to love it later -- mostly because I was the only Aela. It feels good to never be confused for someone else, to be more easily remembered because of my name. Though, truth be told, my name itself often gets forgotten -- but I'm always "that girl with the unusual name." Leave it to the ever-popular naming site, Nameberry, to give us the next generation of cool and unusual baby girl names that have been given to 10 or fewer newborn girls in recent years. The names here are my favorites from Nameberry's list of 100. I picked them for their great sounds, their nickname possibilities, and their pretty combination of letters. These choices ensure that your daughter won't drown in a sea of Sophias. -By Aela Mass
- Wed, Nov 13, 2013 9:06 PM EST | CommentsWe had the privilege of attending a VIP shopping event for H&M's latest fashion collaboration with Isabel Marant, in NYC, and man, is this collection a winner! The French designer gained national attention for her much-copied hidden wedge sneakers and "Dicker" booties seen on the feet of celebs like Kate Bosworth, Emma Stone, Katie Holmes, Naomi Watts, Miranda Kerr, and essentially every other famous woman with great taste. Marant included a pair of boots in her special H&M line, but at $300, we'd rather splurge on some of the other items we spotted: chic tops, sexy dresses, on-trend menswear coats, and standout accessories. For the first time ever, H&M is offering its designer collab line on the web, so you can avoid long lines and getting trampled in stores. Check out our top 10 picks, along with first-hand info on sizing and quality. You'll be all set to shop the collection on Thursday, November 14. — By Joanna Douglas, Yahoo Shine Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor