- Wed, May 15, 2013 12:14 PM EDT | CommentsIt's no secret, I'm a party girl. And piñatas, oh piñatas! I do love a good one. However, the same old rainbow donkey all the time can get old- why not spice it up with your own design? It turns out that making piñatas is easier than you think, and once you get started it's hard to stop. Here are 8 unique ideas to inspire you to make your own:
-By Melanie Blodgett
MORE ON BABBLE
10 fun and inventive balloon ideas for party decor
20 inspiring ideas for a space-themed astronaut party!
13 rooms inspired by classic Hollywood movies
- Wed, May 15, 2013 4:24 PM EDT | CommentsEvery moment with baby is worth a thousand words, so it's important to capture every beautiful, funny, sweet moment you can! May is National Photography Month - so what better time to capture your baby's magical moments on camera?
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
12 mom-tested tips for baby's first photo shoot
4 pro secrets for getting adorable photos of your baby
16 beautiful ways to document your pregnancy in photos
- Wed, May 15, 2013 6:52 PM EDT | CommentsIf your plans for the coming months are anything like mine, they definitely involve a summer cocktail recipe or two. So, to celebrate warm weather, longer days, porch or stoop sitting, and backyard hijinks, we've rounded up 7 incredibly refreshing classic summer cocktail recipes. From juleps to sangria, all the best warm weather sips are here! - By Elizabeth Stark and Brian Campbell
MORE ON BABBLE
20 mouthwatering summer smoothies
11 creative ways to enjoy an ice cream sundae
8 irresistible ways to have strawberries for dinner
- Wed, May 15, 2013 5:26 PM EDT | CommentsJust in time for the release of Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, Art Deco design is trending in a big way. Walk into your favorite home store and you'll discover the luxury and glamour of the Roaring Twenties in the form of vibrant colors, exotic materials and striking geometric shapes. With a few smart buys, you can make Art Deco decor work beautifully in your home.
By Katie Anderson for TheNest.com
More from The Nest:
36 diy decorating ideas worth doing
8 easy diy renovations
100+ home decor tricks
- Wed, May 15, 2013 5:00 PM EDT | Comments
- Wed, May 15, 2013 4:36 PM EDT | CommentsMy after-school snack was a sacred ritual. I sat on the carpet in my parents' bedroom at a low table, the television turned to "I Dream of Jeannie," and ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich cut into neat squares. I wasn't fussy about crusts. I just loved the sticky pairing of creamy peanut butter with syrupy golden sweetness drizzled from a honey bear in diagonals across the soft white bread. Nothing else--save for maybe apples and peanut butter in a pinch--could have made for as sweet an afternoon, with Nickelodeon reruns stretching into the distance.
This month, the Shine Supper Club is celebrating our nostalgic childhood favorites. Were you crazy for popsicles on hot afternoons? Mad for mac and cheese? Join us by revisiting a classic in your kitchen, and sharing a recipe, photo and a story about just how good it was back then. Here's how it works:
1. Write a blog post telling us about your favorite childhood recipe by Monday 11:59PM PST, May 27th. Be sure to include a photo and a recipe.
2. Mention and link to the Shine Supper Club in your post: http://shine.yahoo.com/supper-club/
3. Tweet @YahooShine with a link to your post and include the hashtag #shinesupperclub. Aren't on Twitter? Email the link to shine_sarahmccoll at yahoo.com. We will compile the links in a slideshow on Shine featuring all Supper Club participants.
4. Finalists will be posted in a poll by 12PM PST Tuesday, May 28 with voting open to the community until 12PM PST Thursday, May 30. The winning recipe will be added to the Shine Supper Club winner's circle (with a badge to post on their blog) and featured on the Shine homepage.
Learn more about the Shine Supper Club
- Wed, May 15, 2013 3:06 PM EDT | Comments
A faucet that doubles as a hand dryer, a tub that's also a sound system, and more high-tech products that deliver way more than hot water.
See more from HouseBeautiful.com:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Wed, May 15, 2013 2:50 PM EDT | CommentsI am always on the hunt for pretty prints. The shop First Mate caught my eye and I quickly fell in love! There are tons of pictures of nature, city life, and everyday scenes made beautiful. They have some really gorgeous prints and all affordably priced. Which ones are your favorites?
-By Melanie Blodgett
MORE ON BABBLE
20 creative and unique headboards you won't find at Pottery Barn
21 creative ways to decorate with a can of spray paint
25 incredible wall art projects for designer decor on a budget
- Wed, May 15, 2013 2:08 PM EDT | Comments
Those hardworking grads deserve a gift that's worthy of an enthusiastic cap toss. Studious efforts could always use a little appreciation-and way more than just a piece of cake after all those all-nighters, eh? Whether you're walking in a processional or even just watching a special grad receive their diploma, it's a good idea to check out the OK! Graduation Guide. We've got a ton of cute ideas for the momentous occasion and whatever the new graduate has planned.
What would you gift a grad? Tweet @OKMagazine and leave a comment below.
- Wed, May 15, 2013 1:46 PM EDT | CommentsI have a terrible time organizing my makeup and beauty products. Here's a peak inside my master bathroom. As you can see, I don't have a medicine cabinet so I'm always on the lookout for cute ways to centralize and display my go-to products. On the flip side, it's hard for me to accumulate too much stuff, which is definitely a positive. The lack of drawers and cabinets helps me stay on top when my makeup is past its expiration date (check out this video How Long Does Makeup Last? for more on that) and what I need to buy. If you too are looking for creative storage solutions, you'll love these 7 clever ways to display your beauty products. - By Jill Seiman
MORE ON BABBLE
25 beauty tricks that will save you time in the morning
6 essential steps to a healthy complexion
25 drugstore beauty essentials under $10
- Healthy Living - 9 hours ago
- Hit List - 9 hours ago
- Hit List - 11 hours ago
- Hit List - 12 hours ago
- Healthy Living - 18 hours ago