- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 5:29 PM EST | Comments
Between hostess gifts, office parties, and holiday trips, this time of year can feel like it's all about budgeting. But that doesn't mean you should let your style suffer. We've got 15 dresses that'll help you look your best without breaking the bank.
More from Marie Claire:15 Graphic Bags to Carry Now
55 of the Best Shopping Sites
Holiday Jewelry for Under $250
What Your Favorite Holiday Says About Your Personality
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 6:21 PM EST | CommentsAmp up the deliciousness this holiday season with 7 Hanukkah recipes that are sure to impress your guests. From the most traditional foods to more unique takes on classics, we've got all your culinary needs covered this holiday season. So, click through the slideshow to discover what delicious Hanukkah treats will be making a cameo on your dinner table. - By Babble Editors
- Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:32 PM EST | CommentsWhen it comes to holiday attire, there's a fine line between cute and creepy. No matter where you stand on the ugly holiday sweater debate (totally awesome or painfully bad), there are many, many other garments and accessories that simply should not be worn in public. Go big or go home with reindeer antlers at a party. Fantastic! But don't dress up like a Christmas tree for a day at the office. Here are 14 reasons why you should leave the holiday décor for your home and not your body. (Hint: Your hair should not look like Rudolph.) By Joanna Douglas, Yahoo Shine Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor
- Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:12 AM EST | CommentsBy Liz Black, Refinery29
Temps are dropping, there's a serious chill in the air, and all you want to do is curl up by a fire with a warm cup of spiked cider. But, while that sounds like the makings of a lovely weekend, we're all about bringing the comfy-cozy warmth into the everyday. Since inventors haven't perfected the pocket fireplace (at least not yet), we're bringing you the next best thing: snuggle-worthy sweaters.
From classic, cable-knit cozies and jewel-embellished jumpers to studded numbers everyone will covet, the plus-size sweaters on this list are not only cuddly but will be the hardest working pieces in your closet this season. Click on to see all of our pretty, plush picks.
- Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:58 PM EST | Comments
Recycling around the world varies drastically by country. Sadly, the United States doesn't measure up to the world's top recycling nations … not by a long shot. To encourage recycling, many states in the US have put 5-10 cent deposits on bottles or drink containers, and there are cities in the United States that recycle by requirement. However the country still has a very, very long way to go; only 32.5% of the total waste in the United States is recycled! This a very low number considering the large population. Perhaps the US could learn from the following countries who take recycling very seriously - so seriously that one has actually run out of garbage! In honor of America Recycles Day, which falls on November 15th, check out some super cool recycling ideas that have been put into practice by countries around the world. Click through for 7 recycling practices we should adopt from other countries! -By Nadia Carriere
MORE ON BABBLE
25 beauty products you already have in your kitchen
16 natural household cleaners that actually work
12 hands-on ways to teach your kids about recycling
- Wed, Nov 13, 2013 11:07 AM EST | CommentsLast Night was the 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' World Premiere! Know What that Means? Lots of Show-Stopping Red Carpet Looksby Marianne Dabir
As you already know, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire won't hit theaters until the 22nd-which is actually just days away, even though it feels like an eternity. After all, there's only so many times you can read the books and watch the latest trailer. The anticipation is officially at an all-time high, and also not making the wait any easier? The fact that the film just debuted last night in London!
The jealousy you're feeling about the fans across the Atlantic who get to see the flick before you do? Totally warranted! However, the premiere's star-studded red carpet was so spectacular that it just might tide you over for the next week and a half. Jena Malone continued her stellar sartorial streak in glamorous red, and Willow Shields went for girly sweetness in a tea-length frock. The men of the movie-Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, and Sam Claflin-swapped their Panem-approved fare for seriously dapper suits. As for the leading lady, Jennifer Lawrence turned it out in lots of sparkles and impossibly chic, slicked-back hair-making us totally fall in love with her new 'do!
Click through to check out what all the A-list attendees wore to kick off the movie's around-the-world premieres.
More from Teen Vogue:
The Best Dressed College Students Across the Country
Star Power! We Look to Hollywood for Fall Hair Color Inspiration
Pretty Please! Fall's 100 Cutest Dresses
10 Quick Ways to Pump Up Your Ponytail
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 7:07 PM EST | CommentsA fun way to bring the outdoors in for the holidays, these rustic refined wood serving trays have just the right amount of bling to make them a perfect addition to your holiday dinners! Stacked or standing side by side, your desserts will take center stage when displayed on these DIY stands. Finish them off with a favorite quote or saying to make them truly personal and unique!
-By Heather Patterson and Vanessa Hunt for HGTVGardens.com
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 10:13 PM EST | CommentsBy Perrie Samotin, StyleCaster
Boring, lame, and totally disappointing-that's the reputation socks have gotten, when it comes to gift-giving. In fact, socks have become such a punchline during holiday time, they're often used as examples of what not to give.
Related Article: James Franco and Seth Rogen Recreated Kimye's Sexy 'Bound' Video
Well, we're not buying into that mentality this year, as the socks we've seen are fun, interesting, and totally unique. Part of the reason why socks aren't quite the boring present they once were is that fact that fashion has embraced showing your socks-whether with heels or sandals in the winter, or worn under a pair of skinny jeans with a low-vamp shoe to show 'em off.
Related Article: 5 Stylish Things You Can Buy for the Price of a Pumpkin Spice Latte
That said, we've rounded up 12 awesome pairs of socks that'll do the trick if you're seeking out a little something for a colleague or a friend (or yourself!)
Click through the gallery to see why socks are not boring holiday gifts anymore!
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 12:14 PM EST | CommentsAre you grateful to be raising the world's next global citizens? These 13 parents share their reasons for raising global kids--and why they're grateful for them. -By Vanessa Bell
- Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:33 PM EST | CommentsMid-length cuts have been really popular this fall. Long bobs continue to be popular, along with "the chop" hairstyle that usually falls just above or just below the shoulders. I got this cut myself, and I absolutely love it but I've had to rethink how I style my hair. I assume I'm not the only person in this situation, so I've compiled 20 pretty styles that can be done on short to medium-length hair. Being a busy mom, I'm a fan of the fast, easy, and messy 'do, so I've focused on tutorials that you can create quickly with a little practice. These hairstyles are also super versatile, so you can transition from the grocery store to an evening event without ever feeling out of place. - By Sonya Lee Benham
- Author Blog Posts - 3 minutes 49 seconds ago
- Fashion - 4 minutes 49 seconds ago
- Shine Food - 11 minutes ago
- At Home - 12 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 35 minutes ago