- Fri, May 17, 2013 1:14 PM EDT | CommentsHave you ever thought about starting your own business? Even the idea alone seems daunting to most. But for those who are willing and able to take the plunge, figuring out where to begin and how to plan for the future can be the toughest part. Obstacles will arise, finances may run low, and stress can (and probably will) hit an all-time high. In order to avoid as much of that as possible, we asked 17 of our Top 50 Etsy Parents for their best financial, emotional, and technical advice that they wish they had known before they jumped into the wonderful world of self-employment. Check out their tips on starting a business below! - By Babble Editors
MORE ON BABBLE
22 tips on pursuing your passion
15 reasons to start a business - today
15 resources that could forever change your business
- Fri, May 17, 2013 11:32 AM EDT | Comments
If you're a beauty junkie like us, than you can't wait to start wearing bright nail polish this summer! We've compiled a photo gallery full of the hottest shades perfect for any beauty maven's budget. Check out our must-have products below!
- Thu, May 16, 2013 3:20 PM EDT | Comments
- Fri, May 17, 2013 10:04 AM EDT | Comments"Foundation balances your skin tone to make you fresh and gorgeous, and it's so easy," says Mally Roncal. Use her fail-proof method to apply it fast and you'll be wearing a smile, not a mask. By Mally Roncal, REDBOOK.
More from REDBOOK:
- Wed, May 15, 2013 3:58 PM EDT | Comments
- Thu, May 16, 2013 5:28 PM EDT | CommentsSend your high-school or college student off with these graduation gift ideas that are both beautiful and useful.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Thu, May 16, 2013 4:58 PM EDT | CommentsBy Kevin Aeh, Refinery29
Swimsuit season is right around the corner, which means the countdown to get the bikini bod is on. Of course, the combo of a healthy diet and exercise is the best way to go, but that knowledge wasn't always common back in the day - which is why we have such a long and storied history of completely bonkers fad diets.
RELATED: Why Are We Still Afraid Of The Word "Fat"?
Looking back at these eating regimens through the ages, we were struck by one indelible fact: People have done some really crazy stuff in the name of weight loss. How crazy? Well, there was a diet consisting completely of cabbage soup (bet those participants smelled quite fragrant), and don't even get us started on the cigarette diet.
So, while we may know better now, let's take a walk down memory lane and sneak a peek at some of the most popular diet crazes from days of yore. We think it goes without saying that, barring a few notable exceptions, you probably shouldn't try these at home, mmkay?
Want even more R29? Get the latest news, tips, and can't-resist stories delivered straight to your newsfeed, in real time. Like us on Facebook - we'll see you there!
More from Refinery29:
How To Spring Clean Your Body - Inside And Out
6 Shortcuts For Killer Abs, Glutes, & Legs
5 Ways To Jumpstart Your Metabolism Now!
- Thu, May 16, 2013 4:46 PM EDT | Comments
Star Trek Into Darkness opens in theaters Friday, and in honor of the out-of-this-world looks that stars Zoe Saldana, Alice Eve, and Chris Pine don in the film, InStyle rounded up 12 items that will have us earthlings feeling futuristic. Click through the gallery to see their galactic-inspired fashion and beauty picks, ranging from solar system nail wraps to star-themed jewels. You'll want it all, so "resistance is futile!"
- Thu, May 16, 2013 4:08 PM EDT | CommentsAs I strolled down the supermarket aisle the other day, I stopped at a package of cookies. But not just any cookies - vanilla sandwich cookies by platine. I've seen them before, but was never willing to shell out the dough for a bag of 6 cookies. This day was different, I could not resist and decided to treat myself. Oh Em Gee. Forget the best beer ever, forget the best sandwich ever, this cookie is beyond description. Now I'm craving sandwich cookies (there might be drool in the corner of my mouth), but it's late and the cookies on my mind are sold in a shop that is currently closed, not to mention they will make my pocketbook wince. Which leads me to this point of finding a replacement recipe that is worthy of the original. So here we are with several decadent sandwich cookies to make at home to go with that patio beer I'm having this summer. - By Macki West
MORE ON BABBLE
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
10 tasty mug cakes you can make in under 10 minutes
11 creative ways to make an ice cream sundae
- At Home - 6 minutes ago
- Author Blog Posts - 24 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 32 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 13 hours ago
- Healthy Living - 14 hours ago