- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 3:19 PM EST | CommentsMaura Lynch
From a superhero in The Avengers to an alien in Under the Skin to a computer in Her, Scarlett Johansson's latest roles have verged on futuristic fantasy. But when it comes to her beauty look, she loves old-school Hollywood. Click through above for the actress' best beauty advice!
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:35 PM EST | Comments
Portland, OR, mom Lori Ferraro loves the 80s. "Movies, fashion, television, giant hair … pretty much everything makes me nostalgic for that decade," she says. Her son, Sam, is now 5, but he's been steeped in all things 80s since birth; at age 2, he told his mom his favorite song was "Whip It" by Devo. Like most 5-year-olds, Sam loves to draw, "furiously and with great passion," Ferraro says. "We mostly listen to 80s music at home and in the car and one day after hearing "Hold Me Now" by The Thompson Twins on our way to school, Sam came home and drew this for me." It's the first photo, below, a Pictionary-like interpretation of the song lyrics. Now as Sam and his mom listen to all the hits from Ferraro's favorite decade, Sam is drawing them one tune at a time. His super literal drawings are so simple, and as a result so funny. Ferraro says, "I hope you enjoy scrolling through the hits of the best decade of music ever through fresh eyes." -By Carolyn Castiglia
MORE ON BABBLE
Adorable kids explain why gay marriage should be legal (VIDEO)
Christian parenting book encourages adults to beat and starve their children
10 reasons why having a toddler is the best thing in the universe
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:01 PM EST | CommentsKatie Becker
Our editors rock bright lips and bold eyes by day-here's how they take it all off at night.
More from W:
The Eyeliners You Should Buy Now
Katy Perry on Music, Relationships and Religion
How Botox Saved My Marriage
Kim Kardashian's Shocking W Photo Shoot
How This Former Prostitute Became a Fashion Mogul
- Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:13 PM EST | CommentsWhile I strive to come from a place of gratitude beyond November, in recent weeks I've been making even more of an effort not just to have it - but also to express it. And in my expression of gratitude, particularly with regards to my husband, I'm looking at the various things that my husband does a bit more carefully. I have come to see that it is the little things that he does that make the biggest impact on me - the things that he doesn't necessarily have to do but does in an effort to please me. And while I may forget in the heat of the moment as laundry spills out from an already full basket, or when he forgets the one thing I wanted from the grocery store, at the end of the day I know that my husband wants nothing more than the best for me. He genuinely wants me to be happy and is willing to do what he can to contribute to my happiness. Of course I understand that it's not his responsibility but even so, I am quite grateful for the little (and BIG!) things my husband does each day. Most of all, I am grateful for his presence in my life. Here are 7 reasons I am grateful for the gift of companionship. - By Krishann Briscoe
- Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:32 PM EST | Commentsby Alison Syrett Cleary
Sometime in the last decade-exactly when, I'm not sure-the "no white after Labor Day" rule died. These days, cool girls thread the shade formerly exclusive to summer parties through their winter ensembles in variety of ways. White coats, white denim, white boots, white everything-it all goes.
The secret to their winter white success (and yours!) can be found in the slideshow above, which outlines five failsafe rules for wearing the non-color during cold weather months. Click through to nail the look all season long.
- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 12:05 PM EST | CommentsBy Gabrielle Korn, Refinery29
No matter what your current level of holiday excitement is (on a scale of dread to delight), there's one aspect of this oh-so-festive season that consistently wins our hearts: all the pretty palettes, of course. They're sparkly, shimmery, smoky, and vibrant - not to mention professionally and lovingly arranged to satisfy both our eyes and our hearts. What's not to love?
In our humble opinion, the point of a perfect holiday palette isn't that you're going to wear every single shade at once. Rather, we look for our palettes to inspire us with color pairings we've never thought of and textures we've never tried. And, of course, we want the whole thing to look gorgeous in its case, duh.
Click through to join us as we ogle the most gorgeous palettes this season has to offer. We're not sure if we want to use them or just rub our faces on them like cats. That's normal, right?
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:31 PM EST | Comments
Last year, as the days got shorter, the temperatures colder, and the year wound down to an end, I braced myself for what I expected to be one of the most difficult, numbing experiences of my life. In April I would be running my first Boston Marathon, and if I was going to get to the finish line in decent time and with a minimal amount of pain, I was going to have to run all winter long. However, I was surprised that before too long, the cold didn't bother me. In fact, far from hating to wake up early, bundle up in so many layers, and head out into the cold and dark of morning, I began to look forward to it. I don't necessarily think winter running is going to be as exciting or fulfilling for everyone as it was for me, but I do think that there are ways of making it tolerable, and possibly even enjoyable. I've been working with Paul Smedley, running expert at Sport Chalet, to come up with some tips make that jump into becoming a winter runner safe, comfortable, and enjoyable. Click through for 7 genius tips for running in cold weather! -By Lizzie Heiselt
MORE ON BABBLE
8 fitness mantras to keep you motivated
8 fabulous fitness role models for moms
10 crossfit-inspired workouts you can do at home
- Fri, Nov 15, 2013 11:06 AM EST | Comments
- Mon, Dec 2, 2013 5:55 PM EST | CommentsBy Shannon Farrell, Daily Makeover
Sometimes you need a little tweak. These celebs decided to forgo their natural color and now we can't imagine them any other way.
More from Daily Makeover:
5 Fool-Proof Ways to Make Lipstick Last All Day
9 Celebrities Who Are Almost Unrecognizable Without Makeup
Eyebrows: Essential Tips and Tricks for Your Best Brows Ever
Non-Boring Hairstyles for Long Hair
Find the Best Bangs for Your Face Shape
- Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:19 PM EST | Commentsby Lauren Frankfort
We asked some of our favorite wedding dress designers to draw their dream gowns for Kimye's big day.
Ever since the news broke that Kanye West proposed to Kim Kardashian, we've been anxiously awaiting details about the pair's pending nuptials. We know the celebrity couple's wedding will be nothing short of extravagant. After all, West rented out an entire baseball stadium to pop the question and presented the reality star with a blinding 15-carat cushion-cut diamond engagement ring. So far, we know that Kim is relinquishing all wedding planning control to her future hubby, and she will also be taking West's last name. Beyond those details, we've been left to our own devices when it comes to dreaming up the future celebrity-filled blowout.
Aside from the when and where, the most anticipated Kimye wedding detail is Kim Kardashian's wedding dress. While she donned not one, not two, but three glamorous Vera Wang dresses for her last go-round, we know Kanye will have a huge say in her wedding-day styling. (He's been known to take the reins when it comes to Kim's closet). And since the reality star's previous wedding style was princess-perfect, we have a hunch that this time she'll be looking for a gown that's edgier and more avant-garde.
In an effort to satiate our hunger for fashion details, we reached out to some of our favorite wedding dress designers for their fantasy take on Kim Kardashian's gown. From heavily embellished mermaid silhouettes to seductive, plunging necklines to high-volume trains, bridal designers including Reem Acra, Rivini, and Ines Di Santo dreamed up gorgeous gowns for the bride-to-be. Here, our 11 favorite fantasy gowns for the future Mrs. Kim Kardashian West.
- Beauty - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- Shine Food - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- Pets - 5 hours ago
- Shine Food - Sat, Dec 7, 2013 11:46 AM EST