Small pumpkin or acorn squash
Knife or pumpkin carver
1. Carve an opening out of the top or bottom of the large pumpkin, making sure it's wide enough to fit the smaller pumpkin or gourd through it. Scoop out the seeds.
2. Draw eyes and mouth on both pumpkins with the marker. Carve out with a knife for the
2. Draw eyes and mouth on both pumpkins with the marker. Carve out with a knife for the larger pumpkin; use the melon baller for the smaller pumpkin.
3. Wipe off any remaining marker with a damp cloth.
4. Place small pumpkin inside large one and replace the top (or bottom) cutout.
Use a battery-powered votive ($15 for 10; BedBathandBeyond.com) instead of a candle for this project so your gourd doesn't get scorched.
Dr. Dre headphones ad angers NFL team's fans
'I don't know if I really love that shot'
Oprah and 'The Butler' get snubbed by Globes
6 coolest remakes of Miley's 'Wrecking Ball'
Photographer tells the truth behind selfie-gate