Original article appeared on WomansDay.com.
You Might Also Like:
7 Instant Mood Boosters
The Best Body Language for Any Situation
9 Ways to Initiate Sex
Become a fan of Woman's Day on Facebook and Twitter.
TIME 1 HR COST $25
• About 2½ lb boxwood
• Premade pinecone/twine garland ($25; JamaliGarden.com)
• Floral stem wrap tape
• 2" to 3" faux berry stems (optional)
• Gilded pinecones (optional)
1. Cut about twenty 12" to 18" stems of boxwood. Strip the leaves from the bottom 3" of each piece.
2. Starting a few
2. Starting a few inches in from the end of the twine, attach the first piece of boxwood tothe twine by wrapping it with floral tape.
3. Attach the next piece of boxwood so that the leaves start at the end of the previous boxwood's stem. Wrap tape around the stem and twine.
4. Repeat Step 3 until all the twine is covered.
5. Add one p iece to the end (facing in the opposite direction), with the stem nestled in the leaves and taped to the twine.
6. Place on a mantel or hang from the twine.
Optional: Poke in berry stems throughout or place gilded pinecones into garland.
Were they dead the entire time?
Designer, Jagger girlfriend L'Wren Scott dead
Watch Chicago River turn emerald green
How a presidential phone call gets made
One big Irish pet peeve on St. Patrick's Day