2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
YIR 2012: Superstorms and Scorchers
Mother Nature made her mark again this year and did so, unfortunately, in the most extreme ways: hellish heat, drought, superstorms and other wild weather events.
- Photo By Al Behrman Sun, Dec 2, 2012 7:00 AM EST
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Teens Arrested for Letting Friend Drive Drunk in Fatal Crash
Could you be held accountable for allowing someone else to drive drunk? Two 17-year-old boys arrested in Glastonbury, CT on Thursday are finding out the hard way that you possibly can. They were charged with misdemeanors because police say they knew their friend Jane Modlesky, also 17, was too drunk to drive when she got behind the wheel of an SUV in July before crashing into a tree and dying.
- The 8 Biggest Fitness Myths You Still Believe
There is no shortage of opinions on the best ways to lose weight and get into shape. Losing weight only happens in the gym. Nothing you do in the gym is going to combat the rest of the equation when it comes to weight loss. Fat is burned through a combination of cardiovascular and strength training that decreases your body's overall fat content when coupled with a healthy diet.
- Simon Cowell is This Close to Proposing to Pregnant Girlfriend Lauren Silverman
Simon Cowell, America's favorite man to hate, might just win over our hearts after all. The music mogul is reportedly this close to proposing to his very pregnant girlfriend Lauren Silverman. And now he legally can! Silverman finalized her divorce from Andrew Silverman, with whom she has a seven-year-old son, in a New York civil court yesterday, People confirmed. In September he slyly said to Ryan Seacrest during a radio interview, "Let's put it this way, I wouldn't expect her to be a single mother."
- Action Heroes, Ninja Assassins Make Gamer's Dream Wedding Come True
While the guests looked slightly shocked, it wasn't all that surprising that successful video game developer Adam Bohn (better known by his online persona Artix von Krieger) lived out his action hero fantasies during his recent wedding to Michelle Chang. "Everybody was expecting something," Bohn tells Yahoo Shine. "They just didn't know how far we'd go." A video posted on Wednesday captures the mayhem.
- Almond Snowballs = Christmas Cookie Perfection
- Deputy Recognized for Saving Dog in Shark Infested Waters
- Stay Warm All Winter with Sweet Potato Stew
- Always a Bride: 92-Year-Old Fulfills Lifelong Dream