2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Top 10 Searches
Chalk up another one for the voter: People may have been wearied by the negative campaigns, but they persevered through the slog of politics and made "elections" the year's most searched term. The fifth iteration of an Apple smartphone, a glorious gathering of athletes, the passing of a superstar, and a bevy of celebrities—including one duchess—also mesmerized online audiences in 2012.
- WireImage Photo By Mike Marsland/WireImage Sun, Dec 2, 2012 2:00 AM EST
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Texas Father Barred from Taking Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
On November 26, Erick Munoz woke to the sound of his 14-month-old son crying and found his pregnant wife, Marlise, lying on the kitchen floor, blue in the face and without a pulse. When they arrived at the John Peter Smith Hospital (JPS) in Fort Worth, Texas, he thought he would have to make an agonizing decision: refuse life support even though that meant losing both his wife and his future child. More on Yahoo: Family Fights to Save Teen Daughter on Life Support
- 5 Most Intelligent Dog Breeds
Think your dog deserves to sit at the head of the class? If your pooch is one of these breeds, you're probably right! We surveyed 122 veterinary professionals to learn which dog breeds are the smartest, and the five listed below garnered the most votes. No. 1: Border Collie (photo credit: Nick Ridley, Animal Photography/vetstreet.com)
- Miley Just Released the Album Art for "Adore You" and You're Going to Be Shocked when You …
- School Omits 'Christ' from 'Silent Night,' Upsetting Parents
At least that was the case at one middle school on Long Island, where its holiday-concert chorus sang a version of "Silent Night" that had all references to "the savior" and "holy infant" removed by school administrators. "It's offensive," one father of a student at the Ralph J. Osgood Intermediate School in Kings Park told CBS New York.
- Shelter Dog Adopts 8 Abandoned Puppies
- Guy Creates Video Game to Help Him Pop the Question
- A Slow-Cooker Recipe You Can Gift -- it Doesn't Get Any Easier Than This
- Katy Perry Gives Ellen Details on Her Relationship with John Mayer
After catching up on music, Grammy nods, and that famous cleavage shot with Ellen and Portia, Katy Perry opened up on her relationship with boyfriend John Mayer. The multi-talented couple just released a duet and music video together titled, "Who You Love," and they've been performing the single around the country. "We have a lot of fun," Katy told Ellen. Katy and John have been together for over a year now, with some time apart in the middle.