- Healthy Self, Self Magazine | Healthy Living | Thu, Nov 1, 2012 11:06 AM EDT | CommentsSELF magazine
It seemed like this election season would NEVER end, but end it will very soon, if you can actually believe it. Tuesday, November 6th is the date we decide who will sit in the Oval Office for the next four years-here's what you need to know....Read More »
See more: Yoga Moves for Flat Abs
The most important thing you need to know? "Every vote does matter," says Chrissy Faessen, V.P. Communications and Marketing at Rock the Vote, a nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and build the political power of young people in the U.S. "Even in the 2008 elections, candidates won by a couple hundred votes," Faessen says. Plus, "you'll be voting on local, elected officials who control decisions about the types of resources that are going to your state," she says.
Also on the table? State and local issues. For example, four states will be deciding on marriage equality--people in Maine, Maryland and Washington will vote on ballots seeking to
- Good Housekeeping | Author Blog Posts | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 11:54 AM EDT | CommentsThe First Lady chats with Editor in Chief Rosemary Ellis about the challenges of White House life, the cause she'll never abandon, and the prayer that pulls her family closer.
GOOD HOUSEKEEPING: One thing I wonder about is how you keep a sense of play in your incredibly busy life - there are viral videos of you playing double Dutch with jump ropes! How do you do that?
FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA: I think Barack and I have built a life together that is full of play. Over the course of our relationship, he's really helped me not to worry so much. That is more his spirit than mine, though people think he's the stuffy one.
GH: I wasn't going to say "stuffy," but he does seem like Mr. Serious, while you seem like you can go off script more easily.
MO: It's true, but he also has the harder job. So there's Barack Obama the President, who's out in the Rose Garden at a press conference, and then there's my guy, who always reminds me life is interesting and that it's about the...Read More »
- Babble.com | Pets | Thu, Oct 25, 2012 9:45 AM EDT | Comments
Now that you've got all your women organized and filed away, don't forget you'll also need a separate binder for your pets! To give you some Pinterest-ready ideas for pet organization, I've pulled together some images of Binders Full of Pets. Check it out, be inspired, and get organized! - By Joslyn Gray
MORE ON BABBLE
...Read More »
- Instyle.com | Fashion | Tue, Oct 23, 2012 11:33 AM EDT | CommentsLast night was the third and final presidential debate between candidates Mitt Romney and Barack Obama , so, as usual, we had our eyes glued to the television to see what the wives were wearing for the penultimate showdown. Michelle Obama chose to repeat a grey Thom Browne dress with black lace overlay-which she also wore during the Democratic National Convention last month-punctuated by an oversized bow-shaped brooch. Ann Romney opted for a green floral full-skirted Oscar de la Renta dress paired with a waist-cinching belt and another statement necklace. At the debate's conclusion, Browne took to Twitter to express his excitement over dressing Mrs. O: "Honored to see First Lady Michelle Obama wearing our Spring 2013 dress at the final presidential debate!" After both women stepped out in matching hot pink for last week's debate, and donned starkly contrasting looks at the first, it's time to cast your vote once again: Who do you think pulled out all the fashion stops for her last d...Read More »
Landov; Getty Images
- Galtime.com | Love + Sex | Thu, Oct 25, 2012 9:21 AM EDT | Comments
By Mark Miller for GalTime.comThere aren't many outstanding "inter-political" couples we can look up to. Up until last year we could cite Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger and Democrat Maria Shriver as peaceful partners, but they've since said "hasta la vista, baby." Arnold's back making movies and Maria's no doubt back dating human-sized men. ...Read More »