If you want your hair to look as fantastic as the red carpet stars, we'll let you in on a little secret: It's all in the blowout. All it takes is a few things you already own (hairdryer, round brush, flatiron, simple styling products) and a bit of patience to recreate the look at home. Here's how it's done:
1. We love Sienna Miller's high-style, low-fuss look. Celeb hairstylist Guido recommends you prep first by rubbing a thickening lotion, like Redken Fabricate Heat Active Texturizer, $13, through damp strands. It'll give extra grip to your brush so you can create a smooth A-list look.
MORE HAIR: 11 Hot Celeb Hairstyles Everyone Is Stealing Right Now
2. Always work from the bottom layers up when blow-drying your mane - pinning the top portion out of your way helps you better see what you're doing.
MORE HAIR: Get Personalized Advice on the Best Cut for Your Face Shape and Hair Type
3. Using a medium-size round brush, grab hair at the roots and run the brush down strands, moving the blow-dryer over the brush as you go. Make sure you point the nozzle down; this flattens the cuticle to prevent frizz and keep hair looking shiny.
MORE HAIR: Find Out What Type of Brush Works with Your Hair Type
4. When your mane is dry, mist on a thermal-straightening spray (the kind heat activates, like Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist, $4).
MORE HAIR: The Sexiest Post-Breakup Hairstyles
5. Glide a flatiron over strands to kill any flyaways and seal in silkiness. Stop a few inches before the tips so you get a slightly tousled effect there.
MORE HAIR: Is Styling Damaging Your Strands? Try These Healthy Tips
6. Rake a tiny drop of shine serum through ends with your fingers for a superglossy movie-star finish.
MORE HAIR: Try These Tricks for Super-Shiny Hair
Tip: To make your blowout last, sprinkle baby powder onto your hands and gently massage your scalp to soak up oil. This will extend your blowout a day or two. Get the same effect with dry shampoo.
Read more at Cosmopolitan.com!
- What Guys Really Think of Your Hair and Makeup
- How to Make Your Breasts Look Amazing
- 10 Things You Don't Know About Kissing
- How to Find His 9 Pleasure Triggers
- Blow His Mind (and Yours!) in the Bedroom