Work it, mom!
There are some days when you find yourself getting dressed, pouring cereal, helping with homework and fielding a conference call at the same time. The goal is not to bleed everything into one, but we all wind up there sometimes. I asked working moms from around the country to finish this sentence and here is what they had to say:
You know you are a working mom when ___________________."
1. You know you are a working mom when your boss says he has a headache, and you feel his forehead for fever. - Cyndi Campbell, Jackson, MI
2. You know you are a working mom when you pluck a Cheerio off your a$$ during a meeting. - Michelle Hart Klopp, San Francisco, CA
Related: 8 ways to add spark (and sex!) to your marriage after kids
3. You know you are a working mom when you spend your work "breaks" searching the Internet for summer camps or birthday party venues. - Kris Burks, Sacramento, CA
4. You know you are a working mom when you try to write down your contact info at a work event and you reach into your purse to find a crayon is the only thing to write with. - Sara Sanchez, Austin, TX
5. You know you are a working mom when you're bathing your kids in your work attire. - Kerry Rivera, Anaheim Hills, CA
6. You know you are a working mom when you arrive to a client meeting only to discover that your little one has made creative 'edits' to your 90 slide PowerPoint deck! - Nicole Yusuf, Santa Clara, CA
7. You know you are a working mom when your work "perfume" smells of Desitin and baby lotion. - Melissa Ann Kiefer, Portage, WI
8. You know you are a working mom when you feel like a superhero for all that you accomplish in one day. - Jenn David Connolly, San Diego, CA
- By Samantha Ettus
Follow Samantha on Babble
For 10 things you should NEVER say to a working mom, visit Babble!
MORE ON BABBLE
20 things working moms want you to know
The 5 wackiest, weirdest work offices in the world
7 things you should never say to your boss
10 essential tips for moms going back to work
Stay connected. Follow Babble on Facebook and Twitter.