BellaSugarSource: 10 Ways to Wear Bright Lips This Winter
Winter seems to turn your wardrobe black and your makeup palette gray, but fight the urge to go drab with a shock of bright lipstick. A classic matte red is always a fan favorite for the season. However, there are plenty of ways to step out of the box with pigmented purples, rusty oranges, and even cool coral tones. Snap yourself out of a cold weather haze with these bright lipstick ideas from the runway.
- Red Crush: Matching lips and nails isn't revolutionary. But what about matching lips and cheeks? Models at Michael Kors wore a cerise flush that covered the entire cheek.
- Raspberry Kiss: Purple lipstick doesn't always mean vampy plums. Brighten it up with a fuchsia hue as seen at Rochas. The vibrant violet will bring flair to any all black ensemble.
- Pinky Promise: When wearing a bright lip color, it's best to tone down the eye makeup. Go for a simple but graphic eyeliner look as seen on the Kenzo runway.
- Warm It Up: A burnt orange lipstick brings just the right amount of pop to your Winter makeup routine. At Whitney Eve, the warm matte color was paired with a hazy gray smoky eye.
- Ruby Slippers: Set against an autumnal backdrop, the Dior Haute Couture runway was bursting with bright shades. Perhaps it's best to skip the neon eye makeup, but definitely give the ruby lip color a chance.
More from BellaSugar: 3 Chic Ways to Wear Orange Lipstick
- Pop of Pastel: Hats and bright lipstick are a match made in heaven. The lavender lip at Cesar Galindo shone through even though the eyes were fully covered by veils.
- Red She Said: MAC's Ruffian Red lipstick is a cult favorite from the Ruffian runway. Swipe on this shade for a late-night movie date or an evening work function. It's universal!
- Pumpkin Please: You can't go wrong with a bright orange hue on lips. For this season veer towards rust and carrot shades over neon tints.
- Kiss Me Kate: Petal pinks are primarily reserved for the warmer months. However, you can herald the Spring with a coral shade like this one from Missoni. Just opt for a matte hue instead of gloss.
- Two-Faced: Two-toned lips are the makeup trend to try next season. Get the look from Jason Wu by lining lips with a dark color and smudging a bright lipstick in the center.
Mauve Mavens: Whose Lipstick Did You Love the Most?
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on Facebook