Source: 5 Smart Ways to Prep Your Skin For Fall
Cooling temperatures and windy days can be a delight to the senses, but they also have a tendency to wreak havoc on your skin. The good news is that there are lots of ways to prep your face for crisp weather. To find out what you can do to get primed for the new season, just keep reading.
- Look after your lipids: Pick up a slightly more emollient moisturizer, like Aveeno Active Naturals ($9). Skin gets drier in cooler weather, and one of the best ways to keep it from having issues is to keep your lipid barrier well protected.
- Stop before you slough: Use acids and scrubs a little less frequently. When you exfoliate, skin is more sensitive, and cold air or harsh weather conditions can often exacerbate skin issues.
- Acid trip: Get a serum with hyaluronic acid, like Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster ($125). Hyaluronic is a humectant, which means that it helps keep skin hydrated. And if you happen to have oily skin, a serum's gel-like consistency won't be too greasy for you.
- Noninflamed dame: Allergies, rosacea, and eczema tend to act up during seasonal transitions, so keep your skin soothed with calendula extract or another anti-inflammatory.
- Easy does it: Use a gentle cleanser that's fragrance-free and nondrying, like Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser ($27). It will keep your skin's reactivity low and irritation at bay.
3 Body Moisturizers That Kick Dry Skin to the Curb
What We're Sweet On: Major Hydration Serum
5 Ways to Make Your Showers Shorter
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on Facebook