wacoal cellulite pantIn what might be some of the best beauty news ever for women, researchers may have finally found a way to get rid of stubborn cellulite once and for all. The new treatment, called Cellulaze, uses lasers to melt fat under the skin, and at the same time cut the septae of the skin, which are the connective fibers that make cellulite appear much worse.
More from The Stir: 5 Belted Looks Guaranteed to Make You Look Leaner (PHOTOS)
Making unsightly cellulite disappear is definitely on the wish list of pretty much every mom I know, myself included. There's nothing worse than putting on a bathing suit and concluding that your thighs and butt somewhat resemble the exterior of a golf ball -- so most of us are willing to try pretty much anything to smooth out our skin and put an end to the jiggly bits.
But while some doctors are calling Cellulaze "nothing short of remarkable," a single treatment can cost between $2,500 and $7,500. And since most of us aren't fortunate enough to have that much extra cash lying around to spend on our vanity, we have to either learn to accept our bodies the way they are and live with our cellulite forever -- or resort to cheaper methods to try and rid ourselves of looking like cottage cheese.
There are quite a few economical solutions to lessening the appearance of pesky cellulite -- at least temporarily.
More from The Stir: Snooki Stumbles On Genius Way to Take Pain Out of High Heels
1. Get a tan -- Ok, so this approach requires exposing your skin to the sun's rays, but I think most moms would agree that cellulite is much less noticeable when you've got a little bit of color going on. Wear your sunscreen to make sure you don't burn, but definitely hit the beach or pool a few times this summer to help hide your lumps and bumps.
2. Yoga -- Believe it or not, there are some people who argue that practicing yoga helps release fluid and toxins, which helps diminish the appearance of cellulite. If nothing else, you'll come out of your sessions more relaxed, so maybe you won't care about the bumps as much?
3. Anti-cellulite creams -- These are a dime a dozen right now and you can pretty much find them anywhere. And while there isn't a magic potion you can rub on and wake up cellulite-free, the creams containing caffeine do seem to make it less noticeable as long as you apply it every single day.
4. Herbal body wraps -- Back when I was in college, I had a few herbal body wraps done, and I was shocked when the "craters" on the sides of my thighs seemed to almost disappear after my sessions. Of course, the huge dimples returned as soon as I ate anything containing sodium, but the wraps are still a quick solution if you're heading on vacation and want to rock your bikini.
More from The Stir: 8 Pretty One-Piece Bathing Suits With Just the Right Amount of Sexy (PHOTOS)
5. Cellulite-fighting shapewear -- I guess it was only a matter of time before someone made a garment that supposedly helps with cellulite when worn under clothing. And spending a little extra money on shapewear is definitely worth a shot versus shelling out thousands for the lasers.
Have you found anything else that helps fight cellulite?
Image via Wacoal
More from The Stir: