April Daniels Hussar, SELF magazine
It's Spa Week! That magical time of year when you can score some really amazing deals on beauty treatments, from massages to facials to something you've never tried before. Here are seven treatments we're dying to try ourselves -- and they're all just $50!
1. Satisfy your chocolate craving. Dark chocolate has health benefits when you eat it (in moderation), but when you get a chocolate-focused spa treatment, it's guaranteed to be zero calories. Have your chocolate cake and cover yourself in it, too!
$50 treatment to try: 50 Min Chocolate Scented Massage from The Chocolate Day Spa in Costa Mesa, Calif.
Related: Lose 2 Pounds a Week
2. Bring on the bubbly! Champagne is for celebrations, and what's a better cause to celebrate than taking an afternoon off for some me-time? Cheers!
$50 treatment to try: 50 Min Luxurious Champagne Facial at V Spa at Hilton Anatole in Dallas.
3. Spend some time with your "best friend". Jealous of Angelina Jolie's new rock? Get your own bling on without the accompanying paparazzi headache with diamond microdermabrasion.
$50 treatment to try: DiamondTome Microdermabrasion at Bella Pelle Medspa & Laser in Lake Geneva, Wis.
Speaking of precious gems...
4. Go for the 25K gold ... facial. Skin like an Egyptian? Legend has it that Cleopatra slept in a gold face mask every night to preserve her skin's luminosity. And if it's good enough for the Queen of Egypt...
$50 treatment to try: 60 Min 24 Karat Nano Platinum & Gold Facial by Cosme Proud at Spa Martier in NYC.
Related: Yoga Moves for Flat Abs
5. Indulge in some hot lava! Need some serious downtime? Stone massage is a soothing, relaxing form of massage where the heated stones provide intense relief to tight muscles. Now that rocks! (Sorry, we couldn't help ourselves.)
$50 treatment to try: 60 Min Lava Shell Massage at Carrollton Square Spa just outside of Dallas.
6. Light up. Think of it as a very relaxing mini-dance party ... in this broad category, various light treatments are used for everything from anti-aging remedies and laser hair removal to the relief of muscle and joint pain. Flashes are said to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone and restore skin's natural cellular collagen activity.
$50 treatment to try: 60 Min Natural Face Lift with LED Technology & Plant Stem Cell Serum at Namaste Organic Spa in Ridgewood, N.J.
Related: 20 Superfoods for Weight Loss
7. Steal from the sea. No wonder the Little Mermaid was such a hottie! Seaweed is the superfood of the ocean, and when it comes to skincare, it's said to reduce the appearance of cellulite, improve skin texture and tone and even make your hair shiny.
$50 treatment to try: 60 Min Seaweed Deep Pore Cleansing Facial at O Spa in Brooklyn and Garden City, N.Y.
"With its signature $50 treatments, Spa Week has helped shift the idea of 'spa' from a luxury for the rich and famous, to an attainable and necessary component of a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle," Michelle Joni Lapidos, Spa Week's Director of Social Media & Editor of Spa Week Daily, tells HealthySELF.
"Be it an age-defying facial or a massage therapist who helps get rid of your migraines or a slimming wrap to kick cellulite in the butt, this is the week to explore the spa lifestyle, to live it, to love it."
For a complete list of participating spas and their $50 treatments, visit spaweek.com. You have until Sunday, April 22 to book a luxurious treat for yourself.
More from SELF:
5 Simple Steps to Cellulite-Free Skin
3 CrossFit Total-Body Workouts
50 Healthiest Snacks
6 Secrets to Firing Up Your Metabolism
April Daniels Hussar, SELF magazine