Why buy a medicine cabinetful of products when that humble tub you have on hand can do so many jobs?
1. REMOVE EYE MAKEUP: Coat your lids, then gently swab with a tissue.
2. HIGHLIGHT CHEEKBONES: Fake a model's bone structure by patting and blending a tiny amount across cheekbones. The shine attracts light and creates a contoured effect.
3. GLOSS YOUR LIPS: Add red food dye-or tastier cherry Kool-Aid powder-to a dab of petroleum jelly for instant lip color.
4. INTENSIFY EYE SHADOW: Morph your powder shadows into creams for a more pigmented color (prime your lids with foundation and translucent powder first to avoid creasing).
Related: Our favorite editor-approved drugstore mascara
5. GET AN EVEN TAN: Dry skin tends to soak up excess tanning lotion, leaving skin splotchy. Smooth on petroleum jelly before tanner.
Related: 6 Beautiful Uses for Lemons
6. PRESERVE YOUR FRAGRANCE: Dab on pulse points, like your wrists and the sides of your neck, before spritzing on perfume. Your scent will last the entire day.
7. SEAL SPLIT ENDS: Coat ends to conceal dryness and frizz when you're between trims. You also can rub a little between your hands and use as hair wax for texture or to smooth flyaways. Wash it out with a clarifying shampoo.