INFphoto; Courtesy Chanel (3); Time Inc. Digital Photo StudioA deep bordeaux lip like Anne Hathaway's makes a trendy statement, but finding your perfect wine hue can sometimes be a challenge. That's why Hathaway's makeup artist Kate Lee mixed three different shades to create a custom color that looked just right. "We wanted Anne to look slick and chic in her home town of New York City," Lee said of the makeup look Hathaway wore the New York premiere of Les Miserables. "I started out with Chanel's Rouge Allure Intense Lip Color in Rouge Noir, a deep plum. I then added the raspberry-toned Rouge Allure Velvet Matte Lip Colour in La Somptuese." A touch of Chanel's shiny magenta lipstick in Palpitane brightened the dark aubergine base, and made it less severe. Pick up each of the colors, priced from $33 to $34 each, at chanel.com.
• More About Anne's Deep Wine Lipstick
• Trend to Try: Anne's White Statement Nail
• Anne Hathaway's Pixie is Boston's Most-Requested Cut
• Get the Look: Anne Hathaway's Silver French Mani
• Anne Hathaway Chops Off Her Hair for Les Mis
- Marianne Mychaskiw