Courtesy Photo; Time Inc. Digital Studio; Getty Images for SwarovskiAt first glance, Hailee Steinfeld's lipstick from last night's CFDA Awards may look like a cross between tangerine and coral, but it's actually a closer match to the persimmon fruit. "It's more playful, fun, and less formal than the classic red," Steinfeld's makeup artist Nick Barose told us. "To complement her Suno dress, I used my favorite summer color, persimmon for her lips." Barose picked Chanel's Rouge Allure Lipstick in Excentrique on the star, and by coincidence, Steinfeld's hue also matched the red carpet's color palette. "I swear I didn't get the memo-great minds just think alike!" Barose joked. He applied the color straight from the tube, then cleaned up around the edges using a cotton swab. Pick up a tube for $34 at chanel.com.
• Hailee Steinfeld's Lipstick at the CFDA Awards
• Our Favorite Celebrity Lipsticks
• The Perfect Pedicure for Every Summer Sandal
• 20 Most Annoying Beauty Problems Solved
• 2013 CFDA Awards: What Everyone Wore