Now that social media has essentially taken over our lives, the selfie has become a necessity. Unfortunately if you get it wrong you can go from looking like the ultimate model to someone who took their own mugshot. Below we share a few tips to help you take the best selfie!
By Krystyna Chávez
1. Watch the eyes. Look up toward the camera and raise your eyebrows to have eyes appear larger. Also, truly smile with your eyes, don't just fake a smile with the mouth!
Related: Makeup That Turns Men On
2. Lean your neck toward the camera and protrude it-this will help eliminate double chin. Lowering your shoulders can give your neck a slimmed appearance.
3. Stand at an angle to the camera to help slim your body profile.
Related: How to Do a Sock Bun
4. Be relaxed to help convey a fun, happy image without looking stiff or forced.
5. Prep your lips with a quick bite and count to three for your photo. On count two, blink so that on three your eyes will photograph at their widest and brightest. Now your photo is ready for the #NoFilter hashtag on Instagram!
Related: The 10 Best Hair Products Under $10